April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Winter, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:

While not unnatural in its violence, the dual hatching of Copper Queens Laanasuth, and Zelsk, has brought many changes Pernwide to the Dragon Candidate program. Raising the Age of Candidacy, and laying more rigorous emotional requirements on those admitted into the program and permitted to stay after. Dalibor has settled into an easy peace with the hatching fading into memory and young dragonets and wherets visible as they come into their own.

Included in their ranks are two colours new to Pern. Indigo dragons, and Pink whers, as well as Dalibor's first instance of a dual-bonded Wherhandler. As always, the West seems eager to produce weirdness for the rest of Pern.

Curiously, a steady flow of messengers seem to be traveling between Grove and Dalibor Weyr during the early sevendays of the new season; which is already proving to be milder than some in Dalibor's recent history.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Healing Hearts and Minds, AU:18 {Coppertop Hatching Feast}
Eric
 Posted: May 21 2018, 07:07 PM
Weyrling

N/A

34 Posts
240 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Vellinuth tilted his head at the black wher again. He was a funny thing. He liked him and decided they would be friends.

He looked back to Ajaleath as she responded and settled his wings, The common area seemed rather large, Vellinuth observed. Though I really only just walked past it on our way to our room. We needed that nap!

He wasn't particularly thinking right then that one day he would be much larger. He knew it, and they had discussed it earlier, but for the time being he was content in this little hiding space beneath the tables. He felt affection for the wher and for the pink dragonet, and would rather enjoy the moment for now.

"I spent almost my entire childhood in the creche. My parents believed it was better for children," he explained. "Though, even if you were in the creche the entire time, there were a lot of other kids coming and going. I guess we just missed eachother."

If he dug through his memory enough, he'd probably remember the few times Kirryl had been left with the creche while her parents were at work. But then, Kirryl's schedule would have been completely flipped from most of the childrens' if she was with her nightowl parents all the time.

As it was, it wasn't too important. He nodded as Kirryl suggested that Kisk would be pleased to meet his younger brother.

"I'll be sure to mention it to him. Do you think he could come to Kisk's party, too?" he asked, suddenly feeling very bold.

@Boo
PM
^
Ree
 Posted: May 22 2018, 07:52 AM
Candidate

N/A

40 Posts
85 Marks

Halenciath stretched her neck and wings upward, giving the latter an experimental flap. Of course she was still unable to fly. Oh, but life was going to be agonizing until her wings could lift her into the sky! Torena had told her that they’d be so busy the time would speed by, but right now it seemed it would only crawl. Still…she wasn’t the only ground-bound dragonet, was she? None of her clutch-siblings could fly. She’d just have to make sure she was the first!

Until then…

We’ll be the strongest dragons in the weyr!

Torena smiled and nodded at Jaq’n’s words. “I know. It’s amazing. I mean, it seemed like the day would never get here, and now it has. I don’t know about sleep, though. I think I’ll be out before I’m down, if that makes any sense.” Years of classes and standing alone at hatchings and then all the extra classes of the past season meant that very little time could be dedicated to dwelling on things, but the hopes and fears had been ever present. Now those were gone, but new hopes and fears would surely take their place. They were in even more danger now, weren’t they? They’d have to be especially careful from here on.

Another girl came over and introduced herself to Jaq’n. That was the girl that had asked about aging out, right? That seemed like so long ago… This conversation didn’t involve her, though, so she stepped back to give the newcomer room. In the meantime, she glanced down at Halenciath, who was gazing curiously around the room.

”You okay, love?”

I am so much better than okay. Halenciath gave her wings another flap before folding them neatly against her body. I feel like there should be more to do here than eat and talk.

”It is a feast,” Torena responded. ”I think most of the activity’s going to start in the morning.”

@Rowana

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: May 24 2018, 01:39 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

388 Posts
300 Marks

Vek'ta had wrapped himself around Os'nin as soon as he was able. Chattering about the hatching hadn't stopped either. No doubt the bluerider's ear would fall off soon enough. "Did you see the boy that Impressed in healer's camp? And a bronze! They'll be an interesting pair to watch, certainly! And the Weyrleader's son got a brown!" Pevo was balancing on his shoulder, unconcerned with the greenrider's chatter.

He beamed at Rayna. "No doubt your 'masters will do a wonderful job. Os'nin is obsessed with respect and yet somehow he puts up with me..." He flashed the bluerider a grin and elbowed him gently. "Don't let him worry you, dear. He'll soften up with time." He gave the weyrwoman a quick wink and swiped a roll from a passing tray. "I must say your Dalibor has some lovely weather. Certainly not what I was expecting." He seemed capable of chattering on without end and would probably continue unless someone shut him up.

Vek'ta studied G'len in return, though judging by the raised brow he wasn't all that impressed. Not that he looked terribly impressed with anything. He patted Os'nin's arm affectionately and nibbled his pastry. "I will also admit that I'm jealous of your food. Your cooks know a thing or two. I feel like I've been missing out for turns!"

@Aerona
@Boo
@Tigersilk

Unavir's leg was wrapped and he'd been given crutches. He'd argued his way out of the infirmary, wanting to attend the feast and not appear weak in front of his father. Not that it mattered, because X'vir carted the boy over to Ky's spot and set him down gently, claiming a seat nearby but not intruding upon the boys' conversation. Just... Looming as he had the habit of doing.

"Congratulations on your brown," Unavir smiled. He had a fondness for browns, probably because of Oth. He looked worn out but tore into his food with the hunger of a teenage boy that had just been mauled. His leg looked... Awful, even beneath the bandages. His calf was just gone. "I missed his name," he said around a mouthful of meat. "Is he the sort that minds being touched?" Unavir was very aware of the habits of dragons, but Oth had been a jungle gym for X'vir's children grown up and the boy had a hard time not wanting to show dragons the combination of respect and affection he'd grown up knowing.

@RhiaBlack

Inali had quietly been seething. Not that she would let on about it. She had time, she kept repeating to herself. She needn't worry. If she didn't Impress a dragon there were other ways. She'd think of something. Her thoughts were interrupted by Miridan - M'dan now, she supposed and his bronze. Of course he'd gotten a bronze. It was terribly appropriate and Inali couldn't help but smiling at the hatchling.

"A pleasure to meet you, Uputh. In his memories, you say? Good ones, I hope. And entirely appropriate." She gave M'dan a look that wasn't entirely judgmental, mostly teasing which was considerably lighter in humor than she normally was. "Congratulations, M'dan. You must be very proud." Every weyrling was. Or should be. If they weren't they didn't deserve a dragon.

Inali was totally coping well.

@Jenn

((If there's any others of mine you want to tag in, feel free. I'm also more than happy to do off shoot threads (and prefer it.) Just tag me in whatever! http://files.jcink.net/uploads/daliborweyr/smiley/Laughing.png ))

PM
^
Zane
 Posted: May 25 2018, 09:05 PM
Wingleader

Hero of Time

716 Posts
45 Marks

For the first time in a while, Em'ry couldn't decipher how A'dran felt. He repeated the reds name, and the young mans blue eyes merely wandered the brownrider's face. The newly-graduated dragonrider's thoughts would have likely upset his friend, though A'dran was free to think whatever he liked (especially of reds in general). The topic would be a touchy one for Em'ry, for some time, given peoples general attitudes towards the sub-queens. For the first time since he had impressed he began to wonder how others might see him, what with his being a male riding a sub-queen. No, he didn't wonder about it for the first time, he was worrying about it for the first time... Was his and A'dran's rivalry finally dead, or had it ever existed? Had he disappointed the other boy in some way? These were things that he shouldn't have cared about, let alone given any real consideration to. It was not his business to satisfy anyone, and Eocuth was his.

Em'ry raised his cup to A'dran in thanks, taking a sip himself. His eyes never left the other boys face, not until he asked his question. Looking to Eocuth, who was happily staring at him, he quickly shook his head. "No reason... it's nothing." It must have been nice to have less rules to follow. He would've appreciated not having a curfew, or a constant babysitter. He was going right from the hands of the candidatemaster's to that of the weyrlingmaster's. It was one prison for another, though the perks of having Eocuth, or at least he thought, outweighed the new cell.

The red-weyrling could now understand the expression one assumed when bespeaking their dragon. He wondered if he'd miss Eocuth not being able to fit into the same spaces as he. Might actually be for the best, he thought to himself, aware that the red was listening. She had been waiting long enough, and yet Em'ry was still ignoring her. So, she butted him with her head rather rudely. His drink jostled in his hand, and so he extended his arm out in front of him so as not to spill the liquid on his suit. "Eocuth," he hissed, turning to glower down at her. There's nothing to tell! Shove off about it. Some day he would tell her, because that was her will. For now she let it be because she was bored of how stuffy Hers was being about the whole affair. Instead, she turned back to the food table. Stalking over to it, she reached up with clawed paws to pull at the tablecloth. All of the food before her began to drag forward.

Em'ry, having been about to say something else, turned to see that his red was up to no good. "Eocuth!" he hissed again, dashing forward to seize her just as a tray of meat rolls came sliding forward. Quickly he caught them, pushing the tray as far back as he could manage in order to keep them from sliding off a second time. You were fed, now stop making me look stupid and come back over here.

So you admit that this other human is important you. Now we're getting somewhere. The young man frowned at the young red, brows furrowing as he directed her back to where A'dran had been left standing. The red, saying nothing of course to the brownrider, instead continued her running commentary with Hers. Why HIM? What's so special about THIS one? There are many. Humans are really no different, one from the other. They're BORING Em'ry. Is HE boring? "Sorry about that," Em'ry muttered, flustered yet again. No, of course not. He's not boring. Was his dragon actually forcing him to consider what it was about A'dran that he liked? Why did she want to know so desperately? Was she searching for a reason not to dislike him? Eocuth was prone to fierce judgment upon, mostly, people. She had no respect for humans, and truly thought them all the same. Em'ry hoped to change her mind, at least about a select few. He had a lot of minds to change, on all sides.

--

Rylin had taken a break from playing, reaching up to push her long auburn hair out of her face. She was setting down an instrument, and about to turn to grab herself a plate of food when she heard him. In fact, she had turned and there he was. He quickly held something out, and she knew immediately what that something was. Green eyes met the boys, though her expression didn't spell out nerves but rather curiosity. She hadn't thought that he would return them, somehow, and a part of her hadn't wanted him to. It felt like closure (this moment, this act) and she wasn't sure whether she was ready or no. She ought to have been ready, it had been how long since they'd spoken? She had not forgotten his face, or his voice, because she remained a foolish girl with foolish dreams and the willingness to give people a second, and even a third, chance. Her voice, soft and gentle, though there was a note of skepticism to be found there, managed a "I--," before Zaephor blurted out that his dragonet wished to meet her. She blinked a single time, regaining her composure as best she could. She had yet to seize the knots from him, instead turning a forced smile upon Maiwieth. He was a lovely dragonet--beautiful, really. "It's lovely to meet you. I knew you'd find Zaephor before long." Then she paused, and spoke an "oh," once she realized her err. "I guess it's... not that now." She didn't know what his name was, and she waited for him to either offer it or no. It was, truthfully, much easier to face the young purple than his rider.

She kept this encounter from Loriketh, thankful that the cyan was resting peacefully. If the cyan knew that she was engaging with Zaephor again she would never hear the end of it. Loriketh had decided, thanks to B'tor especially, that Zaephor was a bad seed. She worried, mostly for Hers' safety, thanks to the boys prior actions. Rylin, because she had learned that it was best not to avoid things, carefully--tentatively--reached out to take the knots that Zaephor had offered back to her. She looked down at them, running her thumb lightly over the colored thread. "Thank you," she spoke quietly, hoping that the emotion she felt didn't show, "I'm glad that they could bring someone joy again." Her sister, for all that their relationship had been non-existent, had proudly bore the title of bluerider. She had loved spending time with B'tor, even if that meant flying Thread, and her death had greatly impacted both her and the greenriding-giant. Her sisters selfishness had not diminished the fact that they were sisters. Rylin put a high price on family, which was obvious given how close she and B'tor were.

Rylin didn't know what more she could have said, and yet there was far too much to say all the same. She held the knots tightly now, closing her fingers about them. Her hand fell to her side, though the knots remained no less secure. The girls gaze remained downcast, until she found herself looking upon Maiwieth again. Take good care of him, she thought, hoping that even if the dragon couldn't hear that he would know, somehow, that she had only the most sincere of sentiments to convey. She could not bring herself to look Zaephor in the eye again, if only because she felt as if she was saying good-bye.

@Catsitta
PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: May 25 2018, 09:52 PM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1064 Posts
455 Marks

MyZ'phor was waiting a long time. I wish I was able to find him sooner. Maiwieth said, surprising the weyrling when he bespoke Rylin. Seemed that he was warming up to the 'pretty girl' rather quickly. There was a hint of fondness hinting his speech and he tilted his head curiously at the cyanrider. At his rider's note of curiosity, he replied, 'She reminds me of Siadeth.' Ah, yes, he was quite fond of his siblings, wasn't he? Be they arrogant or shy, there was good to be found in them. There was good to be found in everyone. Perhaps that is why he chose the young man undergoing his own personal crisis, terrified that he was following the loathsome footsteps of his sire and turning into a person he feared.

"I..." He looked away, noticing that she wasn't even looking at him anyway. Z'phor wasn't good at confrontations, or resolutions. He avoided things like this like the plague. He returned the knots. Their relationship come full circle. Him flirtatiously greeting her and becoming her friend, Standing with her, watching her Impress, arguing with her...apologizing...over a Turn not even speaking face-to-face...closure...This was where they walked away, never to cross paths willingly again. He knew it. He knew that if he walked away now, they wouldn't be anything to one another. Not friends, not enemies, nothing. Just strangers that tried and failed to make a friendship work because Z'phor was inconsiderate wherrydung. He swallowed. "I kept them with me at every hatch. Even if I never Impressed, I would have returned them to you eventually. They...I guess they were a tangible reminder that someone..."

Believed in me.

I'd like to be friends with you someday. You're a good person and you seem a little sad. But if you don't want to say goodbye, then don't. Mine...feels strongly about things and doesn't always know how to say what he means. Maybe you're a little bit the same way? You're so pretty and sweet, you deserve to be happy instead of sad. And Mine could use a friend.

"Mai..." The purple had the good sense too look a little abashed. He just wanted to be helpful and make them both less unhappy. His worried about his siblings hating him for leaving when he did, and then they showed that they weren't resentful of afraid. Maybe this could be the same for him and Rylin. They were good people! They just had a bad spot. Right? Maiwieth wasn't good at resenting others or hate in general. He even mourned the loss of his dead red sister who caused so much mayhem. Some called her rotten or broken, but, a small piece of him thought that maybe she was just missing Hers. That the one she needed to tame her restless fire simply wasn't there that day to help guide her into becoming something kinder.

A'dran fought back the urge to snicker at Em'ry's situation. His red was pestering him, clearly not happy about being ignored for one second and then proceeding to make a menace of herself by pulling the tablecloth. He recalled her hatching. She wasn't expressly violent then nor was she being so now. Just pushy, needy and childish. Like a young canine with the mood swings of a fickle feline. She wanted Hers' attention and she wanted it now, and if she didn't get it, whelp, something was getting clawed by the looks of it.

"No reason to apologize. She's young. They all do odd things at this age. Wobath sat at the table with me once, propped himself on the bench next to this orangweyrling as if he were supposed to be there. I didn't even notice him climbing under the table." He sipped his drink as he continued to watch the pair. Why a bonded chose who they did wasn't always obvious, but he was sure that he could pick apart the reasons why as these two grew used to one another. All he knew for certain was that Em'ry was willful and restless, something he shared with the red. Except instead of silently stewing in his discontent, Eocuth took action. She wanted something? Well how about I start making a mess until someone gives me what I want.

He propped a hand on his hip and strolled over to where Em'ry was fixing the table, and decided to have mercy and help. "You'll never be bored," A'dran offered, sobering as he added, "I can't remember if I said congratulations yet or not. She's beautiful...and hopefully everything you were missing before." He patted Em'ry's shoulder before continuing to place cups and such away from the edge of the table.

@Zane

PMEmail
^
Boo
 Posted: May 27 2018, 06:47 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks

At least, for the moment, she could enjoy visiting the wherhandler barracks. They were invited there by Kisk after all and she couldn't see a problem with visiting as long as she was still small enough to fit inside. One day, she knew, she would probably be far too large so she had to take her time to enjoy her small stature while she could. When she was larger, she would be able to do more fun things like flying. Ajaleath wondered how many times Kisk had been flying. Somehow she thought it would be a lot of fun to go flying with the black wher.

Oh yes I was so tired after hatching from my egg. I was out early and off the sands waiting for everyone else. So I was very happy when it was all over and we could finally get some sleep. I suspect you felt the same?
It wasn't a boast, just an observation. Ajaleath wasn't sure why some of them hatched before the others but she thought if she'd been stuck in her egg for as long as some of her siblings, it would have been very tiring.

"Of course he could! The more the merrier!" Kirryl answered, "Kisk I think secretly wants to become Headwoman or something. I think his parties wouldn't be quite like this though."
There would have probably been a lot more games, a lot more running around and a heck of a lot more noise. That was Kisk in a nutshell.

@Eric

PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: May 29 2018, 09:23 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

111 Posts
0 Marks

She's smiling at me, the bronze whispered to him with something that sounded a bit like awe. Well of course she is, M'dan chuckled at Uputh, Why wouldn't she? It was still taking some getting used to. Speaking to Uputh mind to mind should have been one of those things that came naturally to him but honestly, it was something that still gave him something of a jolt. Especially when he realized that no on else but him could hear Uputh unless the hatchling made the effort to speak to them.

There seems to be some kind of mouth to mouth thing there, Uputh told her with serious curiosity, But I don't think it's actually happened? M'dan's face was burning. He could feel it on fire and he was certain his head was going to explode at any moment. "Well you know," he muttered though he could feel the pleasure her teasing caused dart through him, "Sometimes maybe there's a dream or two..." He was stuttering too. He was a bumbling idiot when it came to Inali for reasons he'll never fathom and now was no different. You know you don't have to actually tell her what is in my mind? M'dan

Sure and where would the fun be in that?

M'dan sighed and knew beyond a shadow of a doubt Uputh was going to be the death of him. He grinned widely when Inali congratulated him, "Never doubt that! I didn't think I'd impress this go around, much less to a bronze. No idea what Uputh sees in me but I'm not going to argue." For a moment M'dan's pride and happiness shone on his face before he washed it away, placing that look of seriousness back there. "You'll have yours," he said with all the confidence he never felt himself, "If I can impress there's no doubt you can." He waited for a snarky remark, something biting and mean. It was Inali after all. She was the master of biting and mean.

@Captain

K'ton strode into the hatching feast, eyes seeking out the one person he wanted to congratulate. The rest of them were irrelevant and he wouldn't bother with the lot of them. They weren't to be his weyrling class so everyone but Nari and her pink were secondary. Just remember what she is, Ironth told him for the umpteenth time, And do have her bring that precious little pink to meet me? You'll never let me forget it, Ironth so I don't know why you keep bringing it up, he snarked back at the blue. Oh he understood why Ironth kept on at him about Nari and her status in the weyr. Both of them could get into more trouble than they needed or wanted if K'ton played his cards the way he wanted. He had no desire to lose his position in the weyr so he'd behave.

Precious little pink eh? he asked the blue slyly. Ironth knew what was on his mind and the blue had a penchant for the pinks. That Nari impressed a pink made everything that much sweeter. K'ton had no doubt that when Nari's little pink flew for the first time, Ironth would be at the front of the pack. There! He spotted her and that precious little pink. He politely shouldered his way through the crowd and came to stand in front of her.

"Nari!" he called, "She beautiful and sweet and introduce me?" He had nearly come unglued at the hatching when she had screamed. She'd screamed for her brother, the boy losing his leg and then impressing bronze, but K'ton's mind hadn't made that distinction before T'ran had done it for him. All he'd cared about was getting to her. Protecting her. Saving her. Making sure a scream like that never came from her again. It was a good thing that T'ran had been there. Other wise... Well it may have ended badly. "And Ironth would like to be introduced as well," he told her offhandedly as Ironth pressed him again. He swore that blue was more in love with Nari than he was.

Wait.. What?

@Aerona

PM
^
Aerona
 Posted: May 30 2018, 03:36 AM
Jr. Weyrleader

N/A

111 Posts
720 Marks

Os'nin nodded. "Oh, I'm glad she's proud, jealous makes sense though. From what I've gathered she hasn't had the largest of clutches, right?" He asked. "Hmm, that's good. No one want's a Weyr full of disrepectful cretins roaming about.

There were enough to send Laanasuth to High Reaches. The blue hissed in Os'nin's head.

Calm down, not all of them could have been disrespectful. He warned the blue. "I like that idea, gauging them for their understanding of respect. It will be nice to see what they generally think." He frowned then at Vek'ta's draping all over him, and his comment about the bronze. "Yes, it will be something for the boy to fight with, and farnath be damned it might be just what he needs to become a rather good rider." He said, looking to his Weyrmate.

Honor sat next to Pevo, the green rubbing her cheek against the other flitt. It seemed she was pretty well bonded to that blue, before she settled down on Vek'ta's shoulder to snooze. At least she wasn't causing havoc like usual, much to Os'nin's pleasure.

He frowned at Vek'ta. "You are an exception to the rule, because despite the things I've thrown at you, you still come back. Besides, trying to teach you respect is like teaching a runner to fly." His frown deepened on Vek'ta. "Don't lie to the Weyrwoman, I don't soften up." In fact, he was being really nice and well behaved. It was once he was settled that he'd work on making waves.

"It's food, and it's good for filling stomachs, shouldn't matter if it's good or not." He pointed out to Vek'ta, even though he knew his Weyrmate did not share the same sentiments.

@Boo @Captain

--------------------

Nari had somehow managed to skirt herself away from the group she had been in, despite the constant whines of Enicoeth to be with them and make friends. Eni was not happy with it, but Nari had promised her they'd go and see Nav and his bronze once she'd eaten some. She wanted to check on him, and Eni was wanting to meet up with her clutchmate again!

It was as Nari was finally managing to choke down some food when Eni wasn't running off towards someone to chatter at them that she heard his voice. It sent chills up her spine in a way she hadn't ever felt before. That was...odd. Enicoeth snapped to attention at the voice and hurried quickly to Nari's side.

Nari Mine, why is your heart beating faster? Is it that voice? The pink craned her head to see over the crowd as the man got closer.

It is not, and there's nothing thatvoice would do to me. Nari's mindtone was an obstinate one.

Nari shoved another piece of meat down, as she heard the word liar echo in her head from the tiny pink. She frowned at K'ton. "Why should I introduce you, it's not like you're someone important." She snorted at the blue rider.

While Nari was turning her head, the pink was over and on K'ton, rubbing herself all over him before looking up at him with bright and happily swirling green eyes.

Hello, I'm so pleased to meet you! My name is Enicoeth, and I am Nari Mine's! I hope we can be the best of friends! She said with so much enthusiasm.

"Eni, how dare you rub on a thing like him? He has horrible manners, we don't want to be friends with him."

Oh Nari, don't lie, you were so excited to introduce us, I could feel it. The pink said, looking confused. Oh, another dragon wants to meet me? I am so happy. She was so excited that she stamped all four of her feet. Let's go now Nari, I want to meet him! She said excitedly as she tugged at Nari's sleeve.

Nari snorted and denied such things, and it wasn't until Eni tugged on her sleeve that she finally gave in. "Fine." She said with a sigh. "Well, lead us to him then." She said, snatching more food before the pink tried her best to drag her away, to where, she didn't even know yet, but Eni was trying to go there.

@Jenn

PM
^
Harbinger
 Posted: May 30 2018, 04:00 PM
Priderunner

N/A

142 Posts
175 Marks

C'len hadn't realized he passed out until he got a muzzle to the face. Caeluth nudged him again, further rousing the Weyrling to consciousness. He stared at his lifemate for a few moments, still awed that he had Impressed such a wonderful Purple, then got nudged for a third time.

C'mon, Mine.

"I'm up!" he cried, playfully pushing the Purple's head out of the way. Caeluth hummed in amusement, climbing to his feet as his rider did the same. C'len stretched, easing muscles that had stiffened in his awkward position, half-curled on the dragon's platform in his room.

All of the others have gone, Caeluth reported, sticking his head out into the empty common room. I want to go with them.

"Of course. It's a feast in our honor, after all."

A feast? For us? How nice of them!

C'len chuckled, busying himself with getting dressed for the feast. His candidate robe wasn't going to do, after all. Only his best tunic - pity it was sapphire instead of amethyst - would do. Too bad he hadn't been able to take a quick bath, but he had scrubbed himself before the hatching and that would have to do. That finished, he led the way towards the dining hall, arriving just as Jali was leaving. That was disappointing. C'len looked around, hoping to spot one of his siblings or his father, or maybe even find H'rute. He was going to be rooming with the Blueweyrling for nine months, it wouldn't hurt to get to know him better.

Hello! Caeluth called to the first dragonet he saw, bounding after them. Or they could talk to them.

@Captain (mention of H'rute)
@Open

Chelleth watched silently as L'rien tried on the third tunic of the night, still not sure if it was the perfect one. It was a feast in their honor, after all, and so he should make sure he looked the part. Everyone would be watching!

It's not a fashion show, the Indigo pointed out, trying to calm her lifemate. L'rien sighed, dropping his hands and looking at her. His exasperation faded, a wry smile spreading across his face. No, he supposed, it wasn't. He would still look good, though! Off went the third tunic and the second one came back on, and then he decided it was time to go.

"Alright. They'll be too busy looking at you, anyway. It's not every day that a completely new color hatches!"

It's not every day that there's a hatching.

"True, true. But when there is..." He grinned, placing a hand against her cheek to silence Chelleth's comment. "You don't need to be specific on everything, love. Let's go to the feast and find good company and good food." He couldn't help but place a kiss on her upturned snout, causing the Indigo to snort in surprise. L'rien laughed, letting her paw her nose for a moment before insisting they leave. It wouldn't do to be late!

HeartHealers, huh?

You don't approve?

He supposed it didn't matter, really, but said nothing. Instead, he turned his attention away from the retreating Weyrwoman and began looking for a conversation partner. Or partners, he supposed, as he spotted a few groups.

@Open

Xavinysk's go. Xavinysk go. Go go go go go -

"Hush!"

Will hush when Xavinysk's go.

Xavinyra took this opportunity to throw one of Belior's toys at Xavinysk, smacking the Cyan right between the eyes with the braided strip of leather.

Not fair! Xavinysk huffed, throwing herself dramatically into the hollow that would be her sleeping area. She wriggled there while her handler finished dressing, a normal activity turned difficult by the claws and teeth of a wayward hatchling. Curse that Bronze! How was Xavinyra supposed to enjoy the feast? Shells, even doing normal activities was a chore. Not to mention her chores. She pulled on one boot then hefted herself up.

"Alright, let's go," the Wherling said after she grabbed her crutches, stuffing them under her armpit. With one ankle completely bound up, it would be a while before she could walk without support. At least her one leg could bear weight, even if the healers had warned her against using it too much. Last thing anyone wanted was for the stitches to start popping open from too much stress.

Eventually, she managed to hobble into the dining hall, missing the speech by Jali by quite a few minutes. At least that meant the buffet table was less crowded... though how Xavinyra would carry a plate and use her crutches was beyond her. It didn't matter, in the end, as Xavinysk decided to stop acting like a civilized being and ran to tackle the nearest wheret in greeting.

@Open

Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^
Eric
 Posted: May 30 2018, 06:07 PM
Weyrling

N/A

34 Posts
240 Marks

Vellinuth stretched out his neck to snake beneath the legs of Um'al and Kirryl, to peek out at what else was going on. Um'al twitched with surprise, then smiled as the dragonet rubbed his head affectionately against his leg. It was fun being small. He had seen how big he would get, though, by observing the adult dragons during their walk over to the dining hall from the Weyrling Barracks; he had no idea how big he would be compared to them, but he imagined it would be rather difficult to fit into the Dining Hall by that time. Flight sounded lovely.

I was out late. The egg was so cramped! I think my shell was extra thick, the dragonet complained. We were two of the last off the Sands, Um'al and I were. Um'al had to feed me quickly if we were to get enough of a nap. You know, Um'al-mine didn't do so well on the Sands. He was rather worried by the violence of some of our... siblings... he trailed off.

The violence, and subsequent cull of the red and bronze dragonet and wheret had been traumatic to Um'al, and the trauma had spread to the black to some extent. He wasn't out of the shell for the worst of it, but he had come up to his anxious and kind of icky chosen (he had, after all, lost his last meal on the Sands), and quickly learned why Um'al was so upset. Vellinuth was pleased to have made it better, though Um'al was still worn out by it. They had had a brief conversation about making an effort to be stronger in the future.

"Fantastic," Um'al said as Kirryl answered. "Azu should be happy about it."

Of course, he wasn't really factoring in his little brother's shyness, but teenagers weren't the best at understanding kids.

@Boo
PM
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: May 31 2018, 02:15 AM
Senior Weyrleader

Wrangler of Muses

4043 Posts
155 Marks

Ky could appreciate being carted around by one's sire. Z'dyn made a habit to hoist him like a sack of tubers whenever he was being insufferable, well within the knowledge that it would set the boy to shrieking with laughter much as it did to Keivhyn. However, it wasn't his own father who was here, and Ky wasn't at all upset with the fact Keivhyn was the one who was taking up the evening's time. He imagined at some point or another, X'vir would be up there, too.

The way the much taller Brownrider operated was something of a perplexity to the newly-minted Brownweyrling, and Ky snickered as Unavir was plopped down beside him, the boy's leg a hot mess but he seemed in good enough spirits for it. Gro's head lifted upon the unorthodox introduction, though the Brown had known him as soon as he'd spotted him - Unavir just hadn't been the right fit for him. Nevertheless, he was obviously concerned with the boy's bandaged leg.

I am Groneth, he declared quietly, peering up over Ky'don's knee and snagging a meatroll offered from his newly-bonded's fingers, before shuffling himself surprisingly gracefully towards the injured young man in turn. His head stretched, accentuating his usually-compacted neck, before he laid his chin and jaw on Unavir's knee. I do hope it doesn't hurt terribly. As I said before, it was unfortunate my sister and the wherets were so...uncivilized. Perhaps that is the way of things, but I should like very much to see civility among everything and all things, within reason. Candidates, I have tried to tell her, are there to choose, not to maul.

He sighed through his snout in something of a hoot.

But I digress. You have been friends with my Ky'don long? Or this...companionship, is still somewhat new?

"How's your Pops taking it, not well I figure?" Ky craned his head towards X'vir curiously, before looking back to his plate and shoveling a mouthful of tubers past his lips. "Seems pretty shards to me, get mauled like that and don't have a thing to show for it. Just means I'm gonna sit there in the Stands and cheer you on until you do. Bound to be one for you out there, you've got more Riders in your family tree than I do."

[Z'dyn'll be showing up next post most likely, to keep X company.]
@Captain

PM
^
Tigersilk
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 09:04 PM
Wingleader

N/A

1104 Posts
1750 Marks

G'len continued to observe the new Junior, taking in all the cues he could, keeping his face a blandly smiling mask to hide his true thoughts. The cumulative picture his observations of the stranger gave him were...troubling. There was no one thing about the Bluerider that he could pin his wariness on, just little things that his instincts warned him was danger. Or at least not to totally trust this man beyond what he had to in order to do his job with his Wing.

Little things. Like Os'nin's apparent obsession with respect - now confirmed by his Weyrmate's own words - were troubling. Because in G'len's experience, that kind of man tended to gain their 'respect' via fear rather than via good leadership, and become tyrants when they gained even a bit of power. While he could be wrong about this Junior Leader on that point, the comment about throwing objects did nothing to dispel the idea. Time would tell if his fears were unfounded or not.

Rayna's idea about older riders mentoring the younger ones had merit, he thought. G'len was already mentoring young To'rn with his dragon, and perhaps was a bit of a mentor with one of the Goldrider’s young sons. Perhaps he could see if the Weyr’s newest Bronzeriders would like a similar relationship with him sometime.

But that idea he wasn’t going to mention now, mainly because the conversation had move on to other topics, and because he wanted to discuss the details later with Rayna in private. Plus see if Rayna’s observations of Os’nin were similar to his own, or vastly different.

“The cooks enjoy their Craft as all good craftsmen do,” G’len responded pleasantly to the comments about food. That seemed like a far safer topic for him to talk about at the moment than the discussion about respect and mentoring. Less chance of letting his mask slip that way. “They take great pride in presenting their best efforts for the enjoyment of others. As would the farmers and herders who grow that food, and the dragons who bring home a portion of their hunt, would be pleased to know their efforts are being enjoyed by others. Pride in a job well done is a reward in itself.”

@Boo
@Aerona
@Captain

This post has been edited by Tigersilk: Jun 12 2018, 07:25 PM
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil