April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

Upcoming Hatchings:
Red Cereza
Green Quince

Wedding bells ring out to celebrate the joining of Lord Callum to Lady Shuli. A grand gather has been put together with people from all over Pern coming to celebrate! Crescent is full to the brim with those who wish to show their support and those just looking to make (or spend) a few marks!

Copper Zelsk shook things up at the Copper Class graduation feast by beginning her run shortly after the knots were delivered to her handler. Bronze Osk won Zelsk's maiden run and now a sizable clutch lays on the sands hardening. Not to be outdone by the ground-bound copper, Copper Laanasuth took to the skies the very next day - though her flight was not as cut and dry as the wher's run had been. Offended by the force catch attempt of a presumptuous burgundy Laanasuth betweened to High Reaches Weyr where one of their dragons won her flight. Though she has returned to Dalibor and laid a large clutch for Dalibor's candidates the Weyr awaits the transfer of the dragon sire and his rider, Dalibor's newest Junior Weyrleader.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
???

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ivy
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

Lark's Plots and Threads
Lark
 Posted: Jul 7 2016, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

user posted imageuser posted image

Candidate Amarylia || Apprentice Weaver
17 | Demisexual & Single | No Pets

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
.:Personality Traits:.
Aloof, Reserved, Awkward
Diligent Respectful, Serious
Tender, Kind, Apologetic
Creative, Empathetic, Curious
Faithful, Temperate, Lawful

.:Fears and Dreams:.
- Rejection, Fire, Water, Betrayal
+ Having a pet, Becoming a Journeyman, Protecting those she loves

.:History Points:.
  • Born Winter 197 to a Fisher named Ryliahn and his weyrmate Amaryni who dies almost three turns later in the fire of 200. Her father leaves her in the care of the creche, and her aunt and uncle who also have children of their own in the Weyr while he often goes out to sea for his craft.

• Got sick with the Wherry Plague towards the end of its reign. Her cousins, aunt, and uncle did not become ill however, her father did for a time before recovering on his own.

• Begins to try and help in small ways around the infirmary where her uncle works at the ages of eight and nine.

• In turn 11, Amarylia's cousins begin standing together once the younger of the two ages into candidacy and is searched. Though she too was searched, she decides not to stand. Instead having made the choice to focus on her work as a weaver's apprentice. Particularly with her interests in clothing dye.

• During the Storm she starts to make a real effort of opening up more to others in her own age group on a day-to-day basis. This leads to plenty of awkward interactions as she struggles to figure out how to connect to others with the same perceived ease her cousins have.

• After Thread begins to fall more erratically, Ryli chooses to seek out the searchriders again to make sure she is still eligible to stand. The loss of so many dragons pushing her to finally step into the hatching grounds as a candidate just in time for Keth's first hatching.
.:Most Commonly Found:.
  • Candidate Barracks
  • Dining Hall
  • Lower Caverns - Craft rooms
  • Weyrbowl - Lake
.:Possible Plots:.
  • Candidate Things
  • Apprentice Shenanigans
  • Awkward Situations
  • Friends, Enemies, and Rivals

.:Thread Tracker:.
Inspiration // Summer, 14th Turn | with W'o
The Voices That Blind Us // Summer, 14th Turn | with Tristallon
Checkmate // Autumn, 14th Turn | with Irohvyne
How to Meet People // Winter, 14th Turn | with Carissa
An Unlikely Patient // Winter, 14th Turn | with D'ad
Are You Prepared? // Winter, 14th Turn | Candidate Lesson
Bubbles // Winter, 14th Turn | with Calina
Office Hours // Winter, 14th Turn | with Al'dr

---------------------------------------------------------------

Candidate Gersemi || Journeyman Smith
26 | Bisexual & Widowed | Brundle Cocoa

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
altruistic, ebullient, optimistic, teacherly, realistic
aspiring, proper, modest, opportunistic, lady-like
prideful, competitive, strict, fiery, sentimental, clumsy, tinkers

- Losing her son, Moving again, Public Embarrassment
+ Impression, Watching her family settle in happy again

• 10i188 [SP]: Born in Ista Hold

• 10i193 [SM]: Her parents bring she and her older brother to the new Crescent Hold so that her father could continue his craft in the new Dolphinhall.

• 195th Turn: To try and protect she and her brother, Gersemi's parents them together in a room's closet to stay safe during a raid by an unknown group of people. For a while after, Gersemi detests being cramped in small or tight spaces due to the memories being triggered.

• 200 [AU]: In the 200th turn, Gersemi goes to the Weyr with others to try and help however they can in the aftermath of the fire. In the end she stayed also to start an apprenticeship with the smiths there now that she was twelve.

• 03 [WI]: Like many she fell ill during the Wherry Plague, as well as her brother who had come to the Weyr that turn as well for his own craft interests. When he got better he returned to the Hold once more to his family. She met a healer apprentice named Zhodden at this time while sick, who was also a wher candidate as well. They fell for each other as the next turn started.

• 05 [SM]: At the age of seventeen, Gersemi gives birth to her first, and so far only, son. For a little while, her weyrmate and she create a happy trio. When Fajra's death and Paget's disappearance occurs, she once again fears for the safety of herself and her child. This causes them to return to Crescent Hold with her weyrmate, though they choose not to marry as her family wishes.

• 08th Turn: Blissfully unaware of all that is happening outside the Hold unless news gets to them, Gersemi focuses on her craft and helping to raise her son when able. Eventually this gets to the point where she gains her journeyman status while specializing in jewelry, metal-smithing, and creating pieces of finery.

• 11 [WI]: Zhodden passes in the blizzard before Gersemi, her parents, brother's family, and her son move to the Weyr with others. She for a time is heart broken over losing her love. To try and combat against this she spends much time with her family and son, and creates a memorial pendant to remember the life they had together. Once back at the Weyr though she remembers the good she felt amidst the Weyrfolk, and decides to return for good to them with her son.

• 13 [SM]: Feeling greatly for the losses Pern has experienced with the sporadic Thread storms, Gersemi decides to take up the old dream her weyrmate had once kept. Not standing for the dragons, but looking towards the whers. Hoping that she could provide a better example for her son, as well as return to some part of herself that she let behind when her weyrmate passed away.
  • Candidate Barracks
  • Dining Hall
  • Lower Caverns - Craft rooms
  • Weyrbowl
  • Candidate Things
  • Knick-knacks and Jewelry smithing
  • Awkward Situations
  • She has a kid, so stuff with that

Dust and Cinders // Winter, 14th Turn | with Open
Forged in Fire // Winter, 14th Turn | with Isis

---------------------------------------------------------------

Trader - Weyrfolk Aesidhe
19 | Bisexual & Single | No Pets

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Vivacious | Charismatic | Personable | Forthright
Balanced | Clever | Persuasive | Benevolent
Informal | Eccentric | Proud | Observant
Skeptical | Sensual | Emotional | Whimsical
Indulgent | Transparent | Crass | Disorderly
Superstitious | Non-conformist | Manipulative | Cynical

- the loss of who she is, being stuck in Threadfall again, losing people, nightmares
+ a life she can be happy living, a home, making new friends

• Born Spring of 195 to a trader caravan living on Western Hold's lands. Learned the ways of her people, traveled a bunch, etc.

• Got caught out in Threadfall with some of her agemates at 14, scored because of it.

• Stayed close to Western Hold during some of the more recent events in the past couple of turns, including the storm. Not long after the caravan got caught in Thread that they weren't expecting, Aesidhe was still at the Hold and was one of the only survivors.

• Tried to regain some sense of normalcy at Western Hold for the past couple of seasons, until not long before Keth clutched she decided to come to Dalibor and barter her way across the straight. Ended up arriving not long before the clutch hatched.
  • Area around Weyr
  • Dining Hall
  • Lower Caverns
  • Weyr Lake
  • Trader Things
  • Random Shenanigans
  • Awkward Situations

^
Lan
 Posted: Jul 8 2016, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

SO. I don't have a candidate, but, umm... -THROWS PEOPLE AT-

D'ad and Senigeth are always good fun! Seni likes to tell jokes. You cannot get her to stop telling jokes. And Denny likes to make people smile, in particular by making himself the butt of his own jokes. They will definitely give it the old college try to get a laugh out of Ryli! \o/ What says you?
^
Lark
 Posted: Jul 8 2016, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

Sounds like an idea to me! I know they could always meet if some candidates were asked to help out with the riders, or Denny and Seni could have come in to get some riding gear fixed. I know most riders know how to do little repairs on their own, but maybe they needed some supplies and notice Ryli there that way? I wasn't sure if you had any other ideas on how they could get thrown together, but I'm always up for random encounters too. I think the two of them trying to get Amarylia to laugh would be fun. Particularly because she may not know what to think of them at first.
^
Lan
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

Denny is probably good enough at mending his own riding gear, but when it comes to his shirts he's pretty hopeless. Would Ryli still be doing any Weaver/tailoring work? If so, he can traipse around the lower caverns looking for some help, and bump into her and be like "HELP, I CAN'T SEW!" What do you think?
^
Lark
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

Yep, she sure is doing work when she's not at candidate lessons! So, that works great. Would you like me to start it, or you?
^
Lan
 Posted: Jul 10 2016, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

^
Aika
 Posted: Aug 4 2016, 04:35 PM
Wingrider

N/A

64 Posts
1646 Marks
Member Inventory: View

@Lark

HEY GUESS WHAT WE SHOULD PLOT

Once I get Farmer done, he and Ryli should plot, but in the meantime I need more Krys and Aesidhe in my liiiiiiiiiiife oAo or really anybody, it would be cool to interact with any of your characters, they all seem so cool o:
PMEmail
^
Lark
 Posted: Aug 4 2016, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

@Aika

I am up for either of those! I also have Gersemi who is a wher candidate, and Meitheal now too who is a dual candidate if one of those seems to be of interest, especially once you have Farmer done. Feel free to always start up a thread and ping me in it!
^
Aika
 Posted: Aug 5 2016, 01:48 PM
Wingrider

N/A

64 Posts
1646 Marks

@Lark

OH MAN. KRYS AND GERSEMI. First of all Wher Angst because I like battering my poor child (will become more relevant when she gets a wher), but ALSO Krys is old(er) and has no children of her own so she would totally get baby jealous of Ger and entirely offer to take care of the youngin O:

I'll work on a tag of some sort for any of them as soon as I'm able!
PMEmail
^
Aika
 Posted: Aug 6 2016, 10:38 AM
Wingrider

N/A

64 Posts
1646 Marks

PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr