April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Winter, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:

While not unnatural in its violence, the dual hatching of Copper Queens Laanasuth, and Zelsk, has brought many changes Pernwide to the Dragon Candidate program. Raising the Age of Candidacy, and laying more rigorous emotional requirements on those admitted into the program and permitted to stay after. Dalibor has settled into an easy peace with the hatching fading into memory and young dragonets and wherets visible as they come into their own.

Included in their ranks are two colours new to Pern. Indigo dragons, and Pink whers, as well as Dalibor's first instance of a dual-bonded Wherhandler. As always, the West seems eager to produce weirdness for the rest of Pern.

Curiously, a steady flow of messengers seem to be traveling between Grove and Dalibor Weyr during the early sevendays of the new season; which is already proving to be milder than some in Dalibor's recent history.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

Family Reunion, {S'idon//Carissa} AU 18th
Boo
 Posted: May 21 2018, 05:55 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks
Member Inventory: View

I do not think we Flew all that badly today, my S'idon. It is foolish to seek constant perfection because ultimately you will be displeased.
They landed in the Bowl after their Drills and S'idon dismounted his dragon, removing his goggles and looking at her skeptically. Unfortunately, he did seek perfection. S'idon would never be a leader, he knew that, he wasn't suited to that but their responsibility was to be the best sharding wingriders in the Weyr and he wasn't so sure that they were there yet.

Besides, if we trained absolutely all the time I would not have any time to myself for my pretty things.
That's kind of why I would like to train more.
You worry far too much.
She peeped lightly and pressed her nose to his chest affectionately. Eventually, he smiled and rubbed her nose with something of an eye roll.

See! We sometimes need to have a little bit of fun and Firestone chewing is hard work so I think I have deserved a break for the day.
But you didn't chew any today.
Yes but I chewed some yesterday so it is just as important that I get my rest now.

Then the pink was instantly distracted.
Junonth! Hello sister!
She called to the green dragon cheerfully and fluttered her wings. They hadn't seen one another in such a very long time!

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: May 23 2018, 11:56 PM
Pridesecond

N/A

1418 Posts
1456 Marks

Carissa hadn’t really kept track with what happened to her other classmates of the Nightnamer Weyrling Class. She knew at least one person from that class was still around and another of the Wherling Class that came out of that same Hatching but she didn’t really do anything to contact them over the eight turns that had passed since the Hatching. Heritage hadn’t been drilling at the time though Carissa and Junonth were near the Weyr Lake the Green Dragon having had taken a dip in the lake earlier.

Sister, been a while, said the Green, not feeling like speaking much to the other Dragon even if she was Junonth’s sister. You might as well see how Silvianith’s rider is doing CarissaMine.

Might as well, said Carissa privately to Junonth before walking closer to the Pinkrider. “Been a long time hasn’t it S’idon?”

Though the Bronze had been elsewhere Haverno appeared from between as his approached S’idon, followed by Janvia the spotted Green deciding on a whim to follow her fairmate, with the Bronze landing on Carissa’s shoulder while the Green flitt landed on Junonth’s right foreleg. The Bronze didn’t do much of anything else, waiting to see what would happen with some curiosity though also somewhat defensive of his bonded.

@Boo

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: May 24 2018, 02:31 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks

I see you sometimes flying in the skies, you do it so well.
Compliments came easily to the pink dragon. What didn't come as easy was knowing when to stop talking. As soon as she spotted Carissa, the pink crooned and swung her head over to the other rider.
You have been doing a very good job taking care of my sister. I can see she is getting more beautiful with every passing day! She said to the other pair.
She had brought her head closer to Carissa all the better to see her and then turned her attention to her own rider for a moment. Eyes narrowed ever so slightly.

You will be nice to them, won't you? Sometimes you are far too grumpy and alone for your own good.
Well that's rude. S'idon thought back at her grumpily.
Silvianith sniffed and then turned back to Junonth.
I see you have some pets Junonth!

S'idon raised a hand in greeting as Carissa approached.
"Hey, I guess we're some of the last ones who've stuck around," He said soberly.
Stuck around or survived. One of the two, he thought grimly. There were still a few others in the Weyr, one of the cyans he thought and a burgundyrider if he remembered completely correctly. A number of the others had probably left for Grove.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 12:19 AM
Pridesecond

N/A

1418 Posts
1456 Marks

I’ve seen you around as well, said Junonth, the Green didn’t know how much this talkativeness was normal for Silvianith though S’idon didn’t seem to react all that much.

“Thanks I guess, both of you don’t seem that bad off from the turns at least physically either,” said Carissa not really having much else to say to the Pink in response.

CarissaMine has more, both flitts and pillies than this, said Junonth looking a little more proud about that though it wasn’t something that she had any direct involvement in. Favbar was thankfully sleeping on his pile, Sirseno and Fiferen had been gone for days on a rather extended swim, Torrens had taken a message to C’sen, while Verbot and Sanela were resting back in Carissa’s weyr.

“Yeah… One of my younger brothers, the closest to me in age, had came here, Impressed, and transferred out but at least he’s still alive. He and Kozameth are doing well in his new Weyr also and we keep in regular contact so that’s good,” said Carissa. “I was kind of surprised when Indigos showed up in the last clutch, though that’s at least something good to come away with considering other things that happened during that Hatching, didn’t think that there would be more colours after Burgundies.”

@Boo

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 07:47 PM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks

The pink preened at the compliment from Carissa even if it wasn't necessarily meant as a total compliment. Silvianith liked being nice to other people. If they were nice to her in return, that was even better. Silvianith turned her cheerful gaze back to her green sister and whistled happily, ruffling her wings. In a moment she was jealous. Carissa and Junonth had so many pets! Silvianith had always wanted her own fair of pets, like she saw around some of the other people in the Weyr.

Really? How did you convince her to get them for you? Did you have to take her to the hatchings? Silvianith asked in awe.

There was nothing S'idon would be able to do to stop Silvianith asking people how she would be able to convince him to get a pet, so he left it for now. In reality, S'idon was rather like an indulgent parent. However, he also never rewarded her behaviour.
"I think I remember him." S'idon said nodding slightly.

Then she went on to talk about Indigos and S'idon's eyes widened slightly. He had always been passionate about dragons.
"I mean I thought the same. Indigo seems like a purple mutation but from what I've seen of them, they're not like purples at all. So I guess when we think about it there might be a pink male type dragon. Burgundies are similar to reds after all," It was more than he had talked in a while.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 12:59 AM
Pridesecond

N/A

1418 Posts
1456 Marks

It was mostly CarissaMine’s own idea, minus Blue pillie Fiferen more or less which might have been Black pillie Parvelet’s idea, said Junonth. The Green didn’t have much input in Carissa’s decision to bond with so many firelizards as well as two pillies, and the fact that the Pink’s rider didn’t have any interest in pets in contrast to his Dragon was more than a little amusing to the Green.

Carissa didn’t really think beforehand that her change in topic would wind up with this as a result but the Greenrider decided to at least make an effort in coming up with a halfway decent reply. “Yeah, I guess that Indigos and Purples are like Blues and Cyans in that sense in that though they are close to each other in colour in terms of attitude they can be very different at least in terms of Dragons. Who knows, there might be other colours that show up in other Ranks, odds are there’s going to be another male Fighter sooner or later though that might take a while. It’s kind of nice that both of the parents of the clutch that bore those Indigos were born in High Reaches Weyr so Dalibor can’t be entirely blamed for introducing a new colour.”

@Boo

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 06:43 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks

Oh so your rider wanted them all on her own. Silvianith stated, her tone sounding a little down, And then the pets convinced her to get more. So I should use the pets to convince him to get more! I just have to convince him to get one pet right away.
Silvianith still had the issue of convincing him to bond to just one pet. Perhaps she needed to start misbehaving more and then to get her to stop, he might just agree.
That is very clever Junonth. I like that plan a lot. Do you think if I misbehaved terribly that he would give me what I want?

After all, she was always doing as he wanted but he would not let her do this one little thing. Yes, if she misbehaved even more than she did normally, perhaps sleeping through drills, then he would give her a pet. She didn't like doing the wrong thing, she was not a bad dragon after all, but she also very much wanted a pet.

S'idon hadn't even considered that both of the parent dragons had been born in High Reaches. He raised an eyebrow in thought. Roha, had she been alive, would have always blamed Dalibor for causing all these problems.
"Although maybe it's something in the water here," He commented, "I suppose it will be made clearer if the next hatching has them too."

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 11:57 PM
Pridesecond

N/A

1418 Posts
1456 Marks

I wouldn’t say that, but I guess it might work though don’t turn to me if it doesn’t, said the Green looking at the Pink as she went from down to excited surprising the larger of the sisters momentarily. Junonth didn’t know how well that tactic would go for the Pink, what worked out fairly well even if she was neither here nor there with how many firelizards and pillies that Carissa had assembled over the turns since she had Impressed and a little before.

“Maybe, some people try to blame everything on Dalibor even if it doesn’t directly have anything to do with us after all,” said Carissa. “Hopefully this means that Indigos will show up sooner in other Weyrs than they had in the past, though that’s hardly a guarantee. Maybe there’s even some wild Pink whers, as odd as it might seem to people before that Hatching, somewhere out there that haven’t been seen by people or bonded whers so far.”

Carissa hoped that it wouldn’t be long before clutches not laid on Dalibor’s sands would produce Indigos but it wasn’t all that much whether that meant she was jaded, paranoid, or some combination of both Carissa didn’t know either.

@Boo

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 08:41 PM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks

Of course Silvianith listened to her sister. Of course she understood that it was no guarantee, but it was something at least. At the very least she had a plan now. All her life, she had been building her S'idon up and making sure he felt good about where he was, but now it was time to fight dirty! Now it was time for her to get what she wanted. It was not manipulation, was it? No probably not.

I would never blame anyone but myself. I will, however, let you know how it's going. Now I need a plan. I think if I threw a few tantrums that might work but I do not want to destroy anything in my weyr. So instead I will have to throw tantrums out here. Not when we are Flying Thread though. I would not do anything to harm anyone else. Have you any good ideas Junonth?

This plan would work, she was sure of it.

"I can't imagine too many pink whers surviving in the wild. I can't imagine any friendly whers surviving come to think of it," S'idon supplied thoughtfully, "I know Fort will probably be talking about the Indigos. I came from Fort originally. Stood there for ages."
His aunt Roha was now dead but her influence was more widely spread in the Weyr. Even his family had held a negative view of Dalibor as a result of Roha's influence.

"Hey maybe High Reaches will create a magenta dragon or something one day."

@Mopsy93

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil