April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Winter, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:

While not unnatural in its violence, the dual hatching of Copper Queens Laanasuth, and Zelsk, has brought many changes Pernwide to the Dragon Candidate program. Raising the Age of Candidacy, and laying more rigorous emotional requirements on those admitted into the program and permitted to stay after. Dalibor has settled into an easy peace with the hatching fading into memory and young dragonets and wherets visible as they come into their own.

Included in their ranks are two colours new to Pern. Indigo dragons, and Pink whers, as well as Dalibor's first instance of a dual-bonded Wherhandler. As always, the West seems eager to produce weirdness for the rest of Pern.

Curiously, a steady flow of messengers seem to be traveling between Grove and Dalibor Weyr during the early sevendays of the new season; which is already proving to be milder than some in Dalibor's recent history.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Masquerade! Every face a different shade, SU 18th Moon Masque Opening Feast
Boo
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 07:33 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks
Member Inventory: View

"I do have a brother," Peiyn replied, "Rayiet and he doesn't really like getting in crowds I guess so he might not want to come. But he also might come."
The boy shrugged his shoulder and shuffled his feet for a moment but there was a defensive tone to his answer. If Rayiet didn't want to come that was perfectly within his right and no one was allowed to question that or tease him for it, Peiyn thought. Not that either Rosian or Hilrat seemed to want to tease his brother. They seemed perfectly friendly but it was really him and Peiyn against the world as far as he was concerned so he would always defend his brother.

"I'm happy to watch you get your faces painted."
He kind of did want his face painted but he also didn't want to follow what the rest of them were doing. He liked doing his own thing and being independent. When people started to all do the same things, he got bored. Or perhaps he was just being childish like the opposite of a child wanting everything someone else has. He wanted what Rosian had but he would never actually go ahead and seek it out.

He did hope his brother would come but if he did, perhaps he would want to do his own thing and not hang out with Peiyn.

@Ruriko @Mopsy93

At the approach of a dark haired mysterious woman, C'ian's movements became a little less totally erratic. He grinned beneath the mask as she pulled him in close.
"I have no idea who you are talking about, mysterious beautiful woman but I'll have you know I am quite taken. You wouldn't want to mess with my Weyrmate she's quite tough."
Still he wrapped an arm around her, adapting to Roselle's more subdued movements. He was happy to lead her in the dance, getting occasional images from his firelizard letting him know where Rosian was at.

Perhaps he needn't be worried about her. She was, after all, in a room filled with adults and they were friends of hers. His small family comprised of Roselle, Rosian, Shirath and Tserieth was about the most important thing he'd ever have in his life. Even if he were to solve the next astronomical anomaly it would be nothing in comparison to this. He often boasted about his family to the Palefolk and even though he knew that they knew he was sometimes exaggerating, it made him happy to talk about each of them.

@Ives

Everything was going off without a hitch, Couineth thought as she surveyed the dragons around her. They seemed to be enjoying themselves and Rayna, Couineth was sure, was enjoying herself inside. As she watched a burgundy land, the Gold couldn't help but respond to the flattery. Much had changed in the turns since Couineth had first broke shell but flattery and kind words were always welcome to keep a healthy level of vanity.
Such flattery Freyotth, a dragon might just think she's the only one in the Weyr with such kind words.

There were no tantrums tonight from Couineth. Fortunately for Rayna she'd not had one in a while. Besides, Couineth had managed to get everything she wanted for the celebration through some careful whining. That was not a tantrum it was just a matter of elongating her words for emphasis, to make sure Rayna heard. Everything was just as she had planned it.

@Ives

PM
^
Leo
 Posted: Apr 24 2018, 09:45 PM
Candidatemaster

The Dreamer

457 Posts
4059 Marks

So, she was a dragon rider after all, just as she had suspected. Still, Nia wasn't wrong about the dancing, and if the handler wanted to make a good impression on her lovely dance partner, she better pay more attention to her own body rather than that of her companion's. The candidatemaster didn't mind Nia taking the lead role between the two of them as Zanii was the shorter of the two. She was used to being one of the shortest people in the room and as a result typically played the follow role when it came to partner dancing. "Oh, I agree wholeheartedly!" Zanii returned the other woman's smile with one of her own. "I must say, I can't wait to see what you have in store for the night..." Nia had already proven herself to be very adept with words to the point that she wondered what else the woman was good at.

Touching, apparently. Nia might not think the tiny circles she painted across Zanii's shoulder were noticeable but they were. Or maybe Zanii was just more sensitive to these things than others were. In any case, the woman continued to follow Nia's lead without comment but took every opportunity she could to get in real close before returning to a more traditional distance. After a few times of this, she asked with a wide grin on her face, "Are you tiring yet, love? Or do you want more?" Zanii herself was still brimming with an energy that never seemed to fade but she certainly wouldn't mind stopping to rest in order to better converse with the other woman. The food and drink of the masque were also tempting options to pursue.

---

Kaizre's gaze followed Zel's hand as she tucked a stray lock of hair away from her face before returning to her eyes. His own hands remained locked firmly in place lest they turn to tracing patterns across the table in an expression of his disquiet. Conversations were hard, especially conversations with so many unknown variables at play. He hadn't expected her to answer his question with sew of all things, and although he tried to hide his excitement, the boy sat straight-backed and expectant with his lips slightly apart. He loved sewing though he wouldn't be caught dead doing it unless it involved stitching handler gear. The days of crafting brightly-colored scarves for his friends were long gone with the rest of his childhood. While there were many respected men in the Weavercraft, Kaizre's father had made it clear that sewing was traditionally women's work, specifically the design aspects of it. His father had always looked down upon men who involved themselves with "fashion" and would not have his son whiling away the candlemarks in such a craft.

Sketching was a little more abstract but also of interest to Kaizre, though he wondered what were the subject of her sketches. People? Objects? Clothes? Not that it mattered, really, but it would give him more information about her. Still, he should have known the question he turned on her would come back to bite him. Kai wasn't ready to be honest about some of his more...delicate interests, at least not yet. "Run." It was an easy way to forget about the world, to focus on nothing but his own body. It was also a safe way to excise his emotions when he was feeling particularly angry or depressed because of something someone had said or done. "And...help out at the stables." The beastcrafters rarely turned away an extra hand even if the wherling was no runner expert. He had found that runners didn't judge him like people did and there was just something so calming about brushing their coats clean while feeling their soft warmth under his hand. Not to mention, he could spend all day watching the little foals run about on their too-long legs.

"Have you thought about the future?" It took him a moment to realize he might have to explain further. "I mean, with graduation coming up, you'll be shooting for Alphahandler, right?" Perhaps Zel wouldn't be taking up such a prominent role right away with Norla handling that responsibility just fine, but Kai knew queens were ambitious. He highly doubted Zelsk would be content to just sit pretty like a prize whersport.

@Catsitta (Nia and Zel)

---

Zasime snorted at the thought of Se'ng being 'tamed' like he was some kind of wild runner. "Mhmm. And I'm looking for someone who just exudes rainbows and starshine." She spread her hands for emphasis, one of which was soon captured by the burgundy rider. She didn't shy away from his touch like she might with other people because she trusted Se'ng- he was her good friend. Still, she didn't think about how close they would be until the dance had already begun. Too late now. "Oh?" A hint of a smile tugged at the woman's lips as he voiced his thoughts. While it was true that she was no runner, she was attached to a dragon and could be savage if necessary. "Perhaps you underestimate me..." She waited for the perfect moment, following his lead like a good reflection, until they had settled into a comfortable rhythm. Then she struck: just a nudge with her boot to his foot, no weight on his toes, but a step out of place all the same. Another tease.

"Oh yes, honestly I don't know how the Wing runs without you! Who is supposed to fetch me klah? Or tell Tamath what a good dragon he is?" She let the words hang in the air for a second to achieve the desired effect before adopting a more pensive expression. "But more seriously, everything's fine. It's just less...smooth?" Her face scrunched up as she tried to put her thoughts into words. "I don't know, just working together for enough time, you get used to certain patterns. Communication flowed a lot easier when I worked with you because we learned to anticipate each other's thoughts and had a good rapport. I suppose it's only natural there's a bit of a learning curve with a new wingsecond, but it's still frustrating to know that things could be better." Zas's lips started to turn down, but she slipped back into a smile. "Anyway, how are you doing? Do I need to send Tamath after anyone? He's always up for some sneaking around."

@Ives (Se'ng)
PM
^
Harbinger
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 02:04 PM
Priderunner

N/A

142 Posts
175 Marks

@Captain

Emira couldn't argue with the journeyman; of course, nearly everyone could be considered flamboyant next to the utterly bashful apprentice. She considered his request for a dance with a blush. She turned completely scarlet at the idea of being paired off. Especially with someone that was considered handsome. After all, Emira didn't think herself pretty in any way, so she felt she would simply be a disappointment to whoever was stuck with her.

"Maybe," she uttered quietly, not willing to commit but also not wanting to hurt her fellow weaver's feelings. "I've been here four turns," Emira then replied, nodding slowly. She had spent most of her life in Fort, but here... it was hard to imagine herself elsewhere. Maybe South Boll to be in the main weavecrafthall, but leaving everything behind again was terrifying. No, she would stay at Dalibor, where her family was.

"We came after the Doomfall. Father was transferred and my brothers and I came with him. It certainly is home now."

Harbinger's Hoard
Come plot with me!
PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil