April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

Upcoming Hatchings:
Red Cereza
Green Quince

Wedding bells ring out to celebrate the joining of Lord Callum to Lady Shuli. A grand gather has been put together with people from all over Pern coming to celebrate! Crescent is full to the brim with those who wish to show their support and those just looking to make (or spend) a few marks!

Copper Zelsk shook things up at the Copper Class graduation feast by beginning her run shortly after the knots were delivered to her handler. Bronze Osk won Zelsk's maiden run and now a sizable clutch lays on the sands hardening. Not to be outdone by the ground-bound copper, Copper Laanasuth took to the skies the very next day - though her flight was not as cut and dry as the wher's run had been. Offended by the force catch attempt of a presumptuous burgundy Laanasuth betweened to High Reaches Weyr where one of their dragons won her flight. Though she has returned to Dalibor and laid a large clutch for Dalibor's candidates the Weyr awaits the transfer of the dragon sire and his rider, Dalibor's newest Junior Weyrleader.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
???

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ivy
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply
New Poll

Alert System: In Depth, Info & Stuffs
Ruin
 Posted: Jul 11 2016, 04:15 PM
Betahandler

Capslock Queen

3272 Posts
300 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Hey guys, I've been getting some questions about the Alert Setting. Overall (I believe) people like this feature, but there have been some issues with receiving double alerts, and overall some members feeling annoyed by the big bold numbers at the top. This post is to help everyone have a better understanding of what the Alert System is, what options there are for you as a user, and when the best time for alert tagging is.

This is how you access the Alert System Settings in your Control Panel:

First; locate "My Controls" at the top of your browser window. Note: This window is coded to move as you scroll down the screen, so you don't need to scroll up to find it.
user posted image

This next screen is how your Control Panel will appear after clicking that link. Next, you want to click on "Alert Settings" which will take you to the Alert Settings menu.
user posted image

The Alert Settings: These settings are actually fairly interwoven, and selections here can mean the difference between receiving multiple alerts or only one alert (or even no alerts). First I will begin by explaining some of the settings themselves. Note: Settings crossed out in black are not applicable to our board settings and can be deselected and/or ignored.
user posted image
  • Action Type: Do you want an alert, an email, or both? You can select both, one, or none for each option here. Each selection dictates the response of the action:

• New Personal Message Received to Inbox: Dalibor has a popup window option for PMs, so this isn't really necessary, but can be selected if it is your personal preference. You can choose to receive an alert, or an email, or both, when receiving a PM.

• Items Highlighted in White: These are completely optional to your experience;
    Forum Subscription is not recommended unless you like being spammed with alerts! This would be when you "watch" an entire forum category (e.g. Weyr Bowl, or Dining Hall) for new posts. You will receive an alert when one is posted.

Quoted Username: Quotes are not allowed in Roleplay, so this option is strictly useful in Public Forum and Chatterbox during OOC discussion.

• @User Tagging @ tagging is the bread and butter of this system. This is useful in huge plots full of many characters with large posts so you can get the attention of your intended target without needing to PM them.
    Note: This alert will spawn other alerts if the target player is subscribed to the thread.
    This alert should not be necessary in 1v1 closed roleplays, especially if you know the other person has subscribed to your topic, but can be used when replying to an OPEN thread for the first time if you are worried your target won't notice

• Subscription Settings: This is where a lot of multiple alerts happen, to understand how Subscription settings interact with Alert settings it's important to know both systems. Selecting these setting will be optional:
    New Replies Posted in Subscribed Topic: If you subscribe to a plot post, this will send you an alert every time someone replies. If you are working and don't get a chance to check in for over 20 hours, you could come home to 10+ alerts for one topic if you select this!

Auto-subscribe to topics you create: This will automatically create a subscription to your own topics, which means that you will receive an alert every time someone responds to any topic you create, whether it's a Roleplay topic, or an OOC topic. You will receive one alert for every other setting you have selected.

Example:
    Ruin is subscribed to the thread "Pokemon Go" her alert settings state that when she is @tagged, quoted, and a subscribed topic is replied to, she will receive an alert.

Azh is really excited about the Caterpie she caught, and rushes to the "Pokemon Go" thread. There, she "QUOTES" a post of Ruin's and says "MY CATERPIE IS BETTER THAN YOURS, HAHAHA" and just to make sure Ruin sees, she throws in an @Ruin on the end.

When Ruin comes home she will have 3 new alerts, all for the same thread:
    1. A new reply to her subscribed topic.
    2. Someone who quoted her own post.
    3. An @tag

Controlling Subscriptions: If you haven't played around with Alert Settings, it's entirely possible you're already subscribed to every post you've made since then. Here is how you access your Subscriptions. Look for "Subscription Settings":
user posted image

This is what you should see. Any topics you wish to Unsubscribe from, simply check the boxes and click "Unsubscribe"
user posted image

If you like all the alerts, and want to start subscribing to topics that other people create, you can do that by clicking on "Track this Topic" at the top of any post:
user posted image

With all that said, here are some settings you can copy if you need to

I ONLY WISH TO RECEIVE TAGS IF I AM @TAGGED
If you use the subscription feature, you will still receive multiple alerts if someone @tags you in a topic to which you are subscribed. There is no fix for this!
user posted image

I WANT TO RECEIVE IC AND OCC ALERTS VIA @TAG AND QUOTES
user posted image

I WANT TO RECEIVE MOST OF THE ALERTS, I WILL SUBSCRIBE ONLY TO THREADS I WISH TO SUBSCRIBE TO, I WANT ALL THE CONTROL
user posted image

I LOVE ALERTS. I WANT TO BATHE IN THEM. I WANT TO SEE 30 OF THEM EVERY TIME I LOG ON. I ALSO HATE CLICKING LINKS, SO I WANT TO BE AUTO-SUBSCRIBED TO MY OWN THREADS, AND I'M GOING TO GO SUBSCRIBE TO ALL THE FORUMS PROBABLY, SO I ALWAYS KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING, I MIGHT EVEN EMAIL THESE ALERTS TO MYSELF FOR DOUBLE THE ALERTS
user posted image

*click for plot page*
user posted image
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr