April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

Upcoming Hatchings:
Red Cereza
Green Quince

Wedding bells ring out to celebrate the joining of Lord Callum to Lady Shuli. A grand gather has been put together with people from all over Pern coming to celebrate! Crescent is full to the brim with those who wish to show their support and those just looking to make (or spend) a few marks!

Copper Zelsk shook things up at the Copper Class graduation feast by beginning her run shortly after the knots were delivered to her handler. Bronze Osk won Zelsk's maiden run and now a sizable clutch lays on the sands hardening. Not to be outdone by the ground-bound copper, Copper Laanasuth took to the skies the very next day - though her flight was not as cut and dry as the wher's run had been. Offended by the force catch attempt of a presumptuous burgundy Laanasuth betweened to High Reaches Weyr where one of their dragons won her flight. Though she has returned to Dalibor and laid a large clutch for Dalibor's candidates the Weyr awaits the transfer of the dragon sire and his rider, Dalibor's newest Junior Weyrleader.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
???

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ivy
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Cat's Creations, Cat can do art stuff~
Catsitta
 Posted: Mar 22 2017, 09:31 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Cat's Creations
Vectors and Photoshop
Sale now! Look at latest post for information

I like to draw and illustrate, especially with vectors (though I happily paint in photoshop). So in my downtime at work I've been making vector dragons/firelizards as both entertainment and Illustrator practice. If anyone is looking for some stylized art for their critters, I can happily make some. Below I have some examples of builds I already have, and can alter the templates easily to include things like patterns, markings or other physical traits. Of course, I can also create a new build, if there is a pose (such as a view from the back) that is desired and unavailable.

NEW!!!

Chibi Charries
user posted image
user posted image

EXAMPLES

Origami Styled

Spoiler (Show/Hide)

user posted image
Examples of body alterations
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Cute/Sticker Style

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
user posted image

user posted image

Solid Posed

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
user posted image

PRICING

Simple Color Fill of Made Vector: 25 Marks
Color fill & Simple Alterations: 30 Marks
Complex Alterations/Patterns: 45 Marks
Custom Build Pose (varied): 100+ Marks

NEW! Custom Human Chibi:100+ Marks
(Depends on complexity and time taken; most of these will require 3-5 hours to get from sketch to fully built)

Color a provided template in photoshop (single/simple): 50 Marks
Color a provided template in photoshop (patterns/complex): 60+ Marks

If you would like to make a request for something not shown, just ask. I will tell you if I can/will do it and how much it would cost for me to do it for you.

ORDERS OPEN!

Order Form for Pet/Dragon/Wher
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Character Name:
Firelizard/Dragon Name:
Style: (enter details here for a custom build)
Hexcode(s):
Art Size Preference: (how wide the image is, in pixels)

For fills include patterns or other details (i.e: not solid fills), or new builds, please provide reference material (if not already on profile). These can include current artwork, appearance description and photo references (important for custom builds, especially to capture poses).

Order Form for Human Character
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Character Name:
Hexcode(s): (If any strong prefs for hair/eye/clothing color etc)
Art Size Preference: (how wide/tall the image is, in pixels)
Reference Images: (These are required for complicated clothing or specific poses)
Appearance/Personality: (Include key features or elements that should be brought out, such as confidence, shyness, likes to wear blue, etc.)

COMPLETED WORK

Examples from commissions I've completed~

Firelizards for Ruin
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

A few of the 27 made for Sebol!

user posted image
user posted image

Dragon for Rhia
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

A commission for a custom digital drawing of a light, lavender dragon~
user posted image

Wher Noodle for Leo
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
user posted image

Custom Wher Hatch Art for Tiger
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 09:00 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

Alright! Thank you for the list of base-color hexes. I should have your first package of flits done soon~ And you'll have to let me finish making your flits before I can even think about making a pillie template. Heh. Next week at the earliest if I have a solid day of downtime to work.

Ruin's Receipt
Spoiler (Show/Hide)
27 Firelizards of varied colors and patterns
Size: 2000px wide per
File Type: High Res PNG
Order Total: 450

@Ruin

PMEmail
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Mar 27 2017, 03:49 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

ORDER FILLED

Ruin's order of 27 firelizards has been filled.
Payment Status: Paid!

That was a marathon.

@Ruin

PMEmail
^
Ruin
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 09:29 PM
Betahandler

Capslock Queen

3268 Posts
295 Marks

I see you added spikes, HOW MUCH TO ADD THE SPIKES TO ALL MY LIZARDS YOU MADE

*click for plot page*
user posted image
PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 10:23 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

o.o Spikes? Um...Make an offer...? Heh. That's why I asked if you wanted any body mods earlier on. Heh.

@Ruin

PMEmail
^
Leo
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 06:53 PM
Candidatemaster

The Dreamer

438 Posts
4039 Marks

Hey Cat, do you create whers too? >> In love with the cute style btw.

PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Apr 1 2017, 08:14 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

@Leo

I don't currently have a wher template but I can make a custom order~ I would just need style and pose details and reference information for pose and coloration.

PMEmail
^
Leo
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 12:06 AM
Candidatemaster

The Dreamer

438 Posts
4039 Marks

Sounds good! Will do my best to provide. Also, please give me pricing. <3

Character Name: Zanii
Wher Name: Zansk
Style: Cute
Hexcode(s): #050505 (black) and #1a1a00 (dark green brindle)
Art Size Preference: 400ish

Like most blacks, Zansk is a small, slender wher. He is composed of more length than width, similar to a tunnelsnake, with equally long and slender legs. However, his black hide is not uniform in color, but instead is brindled by a very dark green for better camouflage. His wings are remarkably large and long for a wher, more akin to those of a dragon, and perfect for limited flight if not for the fact that the left one has been shredded beyond repair and hangs limply at his side. Perhaps Zansk's most interesting feature is the row of spikes that run down the length of his long, thin tail, making him appear a tad more threatening than he would otherwise appear to be.

Preferred pose reference
What a typical black wher looks like
Brindled dog (if too complicated just go for stripes)
Tattered wing reference

Feel free to simplify. :D

PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 12:35 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
Alright, since this is not based off a pre-existing template or pose, it gets a little pricer (especially since work will be getting heavier here in April, so my time to work on arts will mostly be in the evenings after work)...cute style is more complex to build...

300 marks

But as I will have the base at that point, any future builds you wish done in a similar style (ie: cute style, that pose, but perhaps with physical alterations and different patterns), would be my standard rate. Also, I will make it an option for 350 that I will not treat this vector as a base build and instead a pure commission, meaning I won't provide it as alterable artwork in my shop. You, however, would still be able to ask for other versions of it.

Otherwise what I build will become my wher template for the noodles~

If this rate is acceptable, just give me the okay to build, and I will send you a google drive link when I am finished with your requested file. If not, then simply decline. If you have further questions, just tag me and I will answer them as promptly as I am able.

@Leo

PMEmail
^
Leo
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 01:38 AM
Candidatemaster

The Dreamer

438 Posts
4039 Marks

@Catsitta

300 marks is fine by me! I am totally cool with it becoming the base template for noodle whers because noodle whers are cool. :D

Also, no rush. I know all about RL business. <3

PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 01:48 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

Alright~ I will tag you when it's done. Hopefully I will be done by the end of next week, depending on how work goes.

Leo's Receipt
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Wher template commission

Character Name: Zanii
Build: Custom; New; will be used for 'noodle' wher template
Price: 300 marks
Size: 400px
File Type: PNG

@Leo

PMEmail
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 12:18 AM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

Leo's order is complete!

PMEmail
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 07:30 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

Prices adjusted for change in marks per post as well as my time availability. Also, NEW PRODUCT! I now offer human characters~ Just provide references for clothes and poses, and I'll get you a vector avvie them.

PMEmail
^
Ives
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 10:31 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1394 Posts
940 Marks

I would love if you could make an image of Swisk for meeeeeeeee.

Character Name: Swithin
Wher Name: Swisk
Hexcode(s): #99BDDF (Main) | #27408B (Markings)
Art Size Preference: 400ish (just copying Leo since Zansk is a decent size)

Swisk's Physical Description:
Unhealthy is often the first word that comes to mind when someone meets Swisk for the very first time. This has been true all of his life and is likely to be true until the day he dies. Hatching from an egg that was likely never meant to hatch, Swisk has always had a frail appearance. On the smaller side for blues his hide stretches across his bones making him appear wraith-like and haunting. Swisk's form is just a hair full enough to avoid being truly skeletal though he has a number of sharp angles that make him rather uncomfortable to look at. Short bony protrusions angle out of his back as vestigial wings, lacking the flat hide surface between the bones to allow even the illusion that he might be capable of flight.Though he looks like a delicate statue that may crumble at the slightest touch, Swisk is nothing but persistent in doing his best to improve his physique. It is evident that he eats well and puts forth extra effort to keep his toned musculature present - but it is never enough to give him the same healthy glow other whers have. Neither endurance nor speed will come to Swisk easily, but fortunately, his personality can definitely make it up.

His color is a pale shade of blue a shade that shadows the fate he was likely meant to meet. It isn’t near the color of white but the blue is so lacking the bright vividness of other blues that it matches his ghoulish prescense perfectly. The shade is sickly so even if one didn’t realize his bones were prominent out of his body they still might think of the color as a chilling one. However, his tail has a splattering of darker blues spots, the one reassuring physical feature that seems to say that he has any healthy bits at all.

During the heavy [Doomfall] Threadfall that fell across the entirety of Pern in the summer of 13 Swisk's left side was heavily scored. Nearly losing the use of his rear left leg entirely he was lucky to regain limited use of the limb. He walks with a jarring limp which adds to his overall ghoul-like appearance.

Notes:
Pose is up to you, standard standing pose is fine. Or sitting if you prefer. I don't really care much. Would prefer to be seeing his left side to see the scarring and the slight atrophy of the muscles on the left rear leg. IF THAT IS POSSIBLE. I don't art so I don't know how much is too much and if it is too hard or time consuming or would be too much for the style I chose then I'm cool with a right side view - everyone can just use their imagination for his left side. I'm pretty easy going really, I'm just excited for arts. XD I know I chose cute style and that may be difficult to do 'cute' while also making him all skeletal... IDK. I'm lost. XD Just whatever you can do. I'm not picky.

Reference image for colors/markings. Obviously his wings are not that full, his musculature is not that defined, he is not that big. This is literally just for his colors/markings. lol

PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 10:57 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Allllrighty~ Thank you for your order! I can make you a custom built pose from whichever side you'd like to see him, sitting or standing. I can easily find references for those so you're good there. His pattern is simple, but making his musculature properly angular will take some time. August is proving to be an eventful month for me, so it will take me a while to get this all under way. So all I ask for is a touch of patience. ^_^ And feel free to point out if you wish for corrections to be made. On average, a vector build for a wher/dragon takes 5-6 hours from sketch to finished (humans are surprisingly faster for me to make. xD)

Given time, style and the current value of marks...

500 marks

I will also provide this as possible template for future use and modification with your permission. Any and all future uses of it as a template by you will be at a reduced price. (i.e: You wish to have another wher done in this pose. Modifications to wings and body are generally easier once the basic build is made.)

If this seems fair to you, tag me here and I will make you a receipt.

If not, feel free to PM me to discuss further.

@Ivy

PMEmail
^
Ives
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 10:58 PM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1394 Posts
940 Marks

Yup I'm good with that! http://files.jcink.net/uploads/daliborweyr/smiley/Heart.png
@Catsitta

PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 11:02 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

Ivy's Receipt
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Character Name: Swithin
Wher Name: Swisk
Build: Custom; New; new sitting template
Price: 500 marks
Size: 400px
File Type: PNG

Coolio, I'll get working on that as soon as I am able. ^_^

@Ivy

PMEmail
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Aug 21 2017, 11:14 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

Ivy's Order is Complete

PMEmail
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 09:33 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

After much delay and many questions about it...I have a Pillie Template! It is origami styled. Enjoy~

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
user posted image

PMEmail
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 04:47 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

Need clutch art fast? Simple, vector clutches of 20 or less available for 50 marks.

Spoiler (Show/Hide)

user posted image

PMEmail
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Dec 18 2017, 05:29 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

Holiday Sale! (CLOSED)
From now until the new year, my shop prices on select items are reduced~

Oragami Template Fill (any complexity): 20 marks
Cute Style Template Fill (simple or low complexity): 20 marks
Cute Style Template Fill (mid to high complexity): 35 marks

Human Chibi (any): 100 marks
(Be sure to provide references for face/build/coloration even if you do not have a face claim.)

**NEW**
In addition to my sale on current offered items, I am introducing Human Chibis w/pets. (Not including horses) They take a long time to make and I will request some freedom for posing.

See here for reference.

Up to 3 pets: 200 marks

If you wish to have a character posed with a Wher or Horse, be aware that this will cost more and not at a discounted rate.

As always, I am willing to barter as well~

Happy holidays everyone.

PMEmail
^
Captain
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 04:49 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

338 Posts
510 Marks

@Catsitta - How much would a Cbox avatar of a pirate dragon cost me? Like, just the head with an eyepatch and maybe a ridiculous hat?

Captain's Crew
Pressganged - Captain's Wanteds

Lady Holder Baria of Western
X'vir of Brown Oth | Ems of Blue Kapth | Wa'ut of Blue Qith
L'ru of Green Syrath | Z'ant of Green Lyraleth
Zaela of Pink Nektisuth | Qivi of Black Dekandaeth | V'ax of Cyan Purlalith
Vatalian of Orange Vatask | Pavir of Blue Pavisk | Setarii of Black Setask
Inali, Havenrute, Navenax, Felrin, Uonai, Unavir, Odinara
PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 05:04 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

Hm. A flat 50 sound reasonable to you? I'd need references for the hat and dragon and a hexcode.

@Captain

PMEmail
^
Captain
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 05:11 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

338 Posts
510 Marks

That sounds totally reasonable! You can ALWAYS change the colour. I'm not set on it. It isn't based on a character's dragon. Just a watery blue appropriate for a pirate!

#4c4cff aaaand...

https://img0.etsystatic.com/166/1/7918096/i...786610_7sch.jpg
http://lghttp.68199.nexcesscdn.net/806667C.../-/h-2445_1.jpg
Here's a bunch of images: http://pizzabytheslice.com/wp-content/uplo...ricorn-hats.jpg

Tricorn hat, ridiculous feathers. Artistic license, of course, welcomed.

Captain's Crew
Pressganged - Captain's Wanteds

Lady Holder Baria of Western
X'vir of Brown Oth | Ems of Blue Kapth | Wa'ut of Blue Qith
L'ru of Green Syrath | Z'ant of Green Lyraleth
Zaela of Pink Nektisuth | Qivi of Black Dekandaeth | V'ax of Cyan Purlalith
Vatalian of Orange Vatask | Pavir of Blue Pavisk | Setarii of Black Setask
Inali, Havenrute, Navenax, Felrin, Uonai, Unavir, Odinara
PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 04:42 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

974 Posts
130 Marks

Here you go Cap~

Captain's Receipt
Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Final File Size: 300px
Final File Type: PNG
Total Marks: 50

If you have any issues or wish for edits to be made, simply tag me and I'll make adjustments!

user posted image
http://i63.tinypic.com/df8yky.jpg

@Captain

PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr