April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

With two clutches hardening on the Hatching Sands the big question seemed to be: which will hatch first?

The answer came in short order with Copper Zelsk's clutch breaking shell moments before Copper Laanasuth's. With so many eggs surely the dual hatching offers hope to the numerous Candidates who fill Dalibor's ranks. Only time will show who will come away with a lifemate of their very own...

... and who will forfeit their life in hopes of Impression.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply

Unofficial weyr Inspection?, SP:18 {Boo}
Mopsy93
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 01:09 PM
Pridesecond

N/A

1412 Posts
1420 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Kiveena was doing alright with more than a turn of Thread fighting behind her and what happened in the Southern Continent, due to lack of any other explanation she was still blaming that flower that she found. Maenta had seemed to fit in fairly well with her other three firelizards that she had already, then again that was almost a turn ago so she did have a good amount of time to fit in as well as one with her personality could be expected to. Shiff was still his paranoid self, though he did seem to be more concerned about what was going on in the other weyrs both inhabited and uninhabited at the time that he was doing it, at least he so far cleared her weyr in his opinion for now.

Since Kiveena was more or less used to her pillie’s routine, seeing as he had been around since her early days as a Candidate at Dalibor Weyr, she didn’t really try to monitor what exactly he was doing. And Parvelet was doing a half-decent job of things, at least in his opinion though in others almost completely useless, noting over two dozen things that he had to bring up with Kiveena. Like what is with that tri-coloured Black, or was it a small Burgundy firelizards were an awfully confusing lot there weren’t any Burgundies (or Reds for that matter) in pillies after all, who acted like a feline.

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 04:18 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3125 Posts
2570 Marks

FlittFace was not one to take intrusion lightly. He was the kind of firelizard who claimed spaces as his own and acted as something of an alarm to his rider. Therefore, as soon as he spotted the pillie appear in his rider's Weyr, the black sounded the alarm from his hidden position perched high in an alcove on the wall. The loud, high pitched screeching was enough to cause C'ian to practically jump from his place where he was, shockingly, working.

He turned to look at the black and then spotted the bug entering the weyr. Well, it wasn't one he recognised and it certainly wasn't one of his own. C'ian had never been interested in acquiring one himself but they were interesting and somewhat amusing.
"Lost are ya?" He asked the pillie, turning and resting his arms on his knees to look at it.

Honestly, it didn't seem at all lost. Looked like it had meant to be there. Still, amusing little thing nonetheless.
"Well, make yourself at home good sir. We have lots of things to enjoy here including annoying a certain purple dragon if you're really keen."
Said purple dragon was currently sleeping in the bowl but would return if C'ian wanted to recall the beast.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 11:18 PM
Pridesecond

N/A

1412 Posts
1420 Marks

@Boo

Ah ha! Shiff knew that there was there was something awfully suspicious around the weyrs that Kiveena was living in, what’s a Black firelizard making such a racket from a pillie just wandering through the weyrs looking for trouble like FlittFace. Only problem was the obvious one, he could hardly get at the firelizard seeing how far up he was to bring him to Kiveena to show how the pillie wasn’t just a fool that there were things around the weyr that no one else seems to recognize the danger with. stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip! said Shiff something to the tune of ‘Come down here so I can bring you to Kiveena anyone making that much noise can’t up to anything good!’

STIP stip stip stip stip stip, stip stip stip stip stip stip stip! exclaimed the Blue something akin to ‘TWO suspicious figures, surely this will be enough for Kiveena to take my warnings seriously!’ Stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip, said Shiff advancing towards the Wingsecond giving a mental image to his bonded saying something like ‘I’m not lost don’t confuse me I know you’ve got something to hide I’ll bring mine here to prove it.’

Though the Burgundyrider the rather fuzzy image it didn’t make her happy, especially since he was trying to antagonize a Winsecond even if it wasn’t an immediate superior. Mine’spillieShiff said Koloth to the Wingsecond’s Purple in his rapid speech pattern not wanting to speak any further he did leave the impression that Shiff was more of an annoyance than anything else.

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 05:29 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3125 Posts
2570 Marks

The firelizard screeched for a while longer before being swooped by Cirrus and ceasing his alarm, although not without a short hiss of complaint. His attention turned briefly on the other firelizard and hence he lost sight of the pillie. FlittFace turned his glare from the blue firelizard back to the pillie as it began making noises.

C'ian too was intrigued by the noises the pillie was making. They all had their own unique sounds, Rosian had Knight so he did know a thing or two about the creatures. It was amusing to C'ian that they could make such diverse noises. He grinned at the apparent agitation from the blue.

Shirath was shortly awakened from his slumber and blearily looked around the bowl.
's a what? He replied, yawning.
Pillies? He turned his attention to C'ian and picked up on what was happening.
Did you try to steal a pillie from someone? I really should report you to Zeuth, you know.
The purple took the the sky and in a short moment appeared in his weyr.

"Now now, there's no need for such language." C'ian told the pillie with a smile as Cirrus flew down to fly small circles around the pillie. The blue, unlike the black, was just excited that there was a visitor. A very fun visitor! A loud one even. That was more exciting than just any visitor.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 10:47 PM
Pridesecond

N/A

1412 Posts
1420 Marks

Stip stip stip stip stip stip stip, said Shiff turning his attention to the Blue firelizard ‘Don’t just stand there help me bring him to Kiveena.’ If there was anything positive by any of the creatures that shared his living space with was that he was determined and protective, too bad it was usually overshadowed by his paranoia, the former trait was certainly on show here seeing as he was trying to climb up to the Black.

Shiff nuisance, said the Burgundy clearly not happy in having to clarify what he was saying to the Purple, exaggerating both words to the point of slowing down his speech to the point of speaking slower than normal speech. If the Purple wanted any further clarification from the younger Burgundy Dragon, he wasn’t likely to get it today, he wasn’t that interested in doing that kind of thing more than once for someone who wasn’t paying attention.

Not wanting this to get any further out of hand Kiveena quickly got onto Koloth not bothering with a harness considering how fast the flight would be over to C’ian’s weyr. The distance wasn’t that big for her or her flying pets, but a pillie especially one that didn’t have that great stamina as with Blues was a little surprising.

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 05:48 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3125 Posts
2570 Marks

The pillie was insistent and Cirrus, being one that liked to a) make friends and http://files.jcink.net/uploads/daliborweyr/smiley/Cool.png occasionally annoy FlittFace was all too happy to try to assist the pillie. So he flew up to where the black firelizard was perched and began trying to harry him back down to the bug. It was with some excited and insistent chirping that he did so. What ensued was something of a struggle between the two before Cirrus managed to grab hold of the smaller firelizard and fall with him towards the floor of the Weyr.

With the clarification received from the burgundy, Shirath yawned again and poked his head into his rider's quarters with mild interest. He observed the falling firelizards and then turned his attention to his chuckling rider.
Apparently it's name is Shiff. Koloth has informed me that he is a nuisance.
"Nah, he's all right I reckon," C'ian replied with a grin, "A good old interruption from work is just what I needed right now anyway."
Not exactly but the charts he had been observing had been making him go quite cross eyed. He would get back to work shortly, it was important after all... But this was also fun.

Roselle may not appreciate the mess that is being created. Shirath observed coolly.
Well, she might not but they weren't causing that much mess. Besides, Cirrus would clean it up no doubt. That pillie looked like he meant to capture FlittFace, something that would be rather amusing to watch for a little while and so long as no one got hurt.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 01:47 AM
Pridesecond

N/A

1412 Posts
1420 Marks

Stip stip stip stip stip stip stip, stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip? said Shiff rather impatiently ‘This is taking an awfully long time, are you sure you’re not in league with him as well?’ Either way he wasn’t in any position to interrogate the two firelizards and the person they were bonded to properly seeing as he was more focused on trying to climb up onto the rock ledge that FlittFace and Cirrus were currently on. His legs weren’t meant for climbing, being better suited for swimming above anything else, even in the best of times.

Koloth landed on the ledge of Shirath’s weyr, though only staying long enough for Kiveena to get off before flying away back to his own weyr. “Shiff! What are you doing, you can’t just barge into another weyr,” said Kiveena clearly annoyed with the pillie.

Stip stip stip stip stip stip, said Shiff flicking his antenna towards FlittFace and then C’ian something to the effect of ‘But I found two suspicious people.’

“Sorry about my pillie coming in to your weyr Wingsecond C’ian, Shiff has a bad habit of wandering around making a big deal of the smallest things.”

@Boo

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 02:57 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3125 Posts
2570 Marks

Cirrus managed to get FlittFace pinned to the ground and whistled triumphantly over at the pillie. It sure was a lot of fun to annoy his bond brother. Well, only sometimes anyway. Shiff had the right of it, Cirrus reasoned, FlittFace was suspicious sometimes with the way he hid places and watched from above. Always causing trouble. Then again, it was also fun to help the black firelizard. So really, Cirrus had few loyalties except to C'ian. The pillie had been trying to climb up high. It must have been hard not being able to fly around. Such a hard life.

C'ian turned his attention to the dragon that landed on his ledge, Koloth and nodded to his rider. Kiveena he thought her name was. One of the ones that had Impressed at the hatching of Tan Sixwith. He wasn't always so good with names but he tried to pay some attention when they were flying Thread.

"Good day Wingrider Kiveena," he greeted her formally and then grinned, "It's no trouble, I needed a distraction anyway. I mean if you ask me he might have the right of it, my firelizard is a little suspicious."
Distractions were good sometimes. It kept him from wanting to give up and fall asleep. No one could work from dawn until dusk. Well, actually a lot of people could but he wasn't about to admit that to himself.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 12:06 AM
Pridesecond

N/A

1412 Posts
1420 Marks

Stip stip, stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip, said Shiff ‘Now then, all we have to do is to get him over to Kiveena to show that I’m not just paranoid.’ Stip stip stip stip stip, stip stip stip stip stip stip stip, said Shiff now directed to Kiveena as crawled down ‘I’ve got proof right here, the racket he made earlier had to be to hide something.’

“And now he has a firelizard in on this,” said Kiveena sighing. “I’m glad that my firelizards for the most part get along, though Maenta would like the others to be more serious and proper. Can’t say that other people have been as receptive to Shiff wandering into places that he shouldn’t be, like the glue incident though I’m not sure how much I should elaborate on that and that it was a good couple of turns ago. He sometimes gets things at least partially right, though those are few and far between mostly just taking ordinary things and trying to say that they should be treated as suspicious.”

That particular incident happened a while ago, back when she was a Candidate and probably only had her Higat and Tigah back then though just how long that was she didn’t quite remember.

@Boo

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 07:15 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3125 Posts
2570 Marks

'Yes sir!' Cirrus chirped back to the pillie, still keeping a good hold on FlittFace. He whistled lightly and then began trying to drag FlittFace towards the newcomer. This was a lot of fun actually. Sometimes C'ian pretended to be things he was not. Now Cirrus fully understood the fun of such a thing. FlittFace could be loud too. It was just his way, after all. The new person would know what to do with such a scallywag.

C'ian looked at the young rider with a grin and then back at his firelizards as Cirrus forcibly dragged FlittFace along the ground. Really, he should try wrapping something around the black. He flicked a cloth towards the firelizard and watched as the blue chirped triumphantly and moved his tiny claws to try to wrap the black in the cloth. Tight so he wouldn't be able to escape.

"I mean, they get along sometimes," C'ian responded, "But it's like siblings. Sometimes you fight and then next minute you're thick as thieves."
He waved a hand slightly. Some people were such prudes and super boring. Some people got mad at the smallest things and some people really needed to lighten up.
"Oh do tell me about the glue incident," he prompted, eyes suddenly bright with interest and amusement.

Maybe there was a prank or two that he might be able to play. All in good humour of course. Too bad Q'sis was no longer in Dalibor, it would have been fun to annoy the Tan Rider.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 12:08 AM
Pridesecond

N/A

1412 Posts
1420 Marks

@Boo

“Just please stop with this, it’s bad enough that I had to come here to try and clarify this situation,” said Kiveena towards the Blue seeing as Cirrus now had Flittface in his claws. “Oh fine then, it is odd for him to make that much noise even if it was because he presumed you were an intruder.”

Stip stip, stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip? asked Shiff turning towards the Blue firelizard ‘Well then, Cirrus what do you think we should do with FlittFace now?’

“My Blue and Black firelizards, Higat anyways, has about as much patience for Shiff as I do, get along most of the time though they have very different personalities though they can hardly stand to be apart from each other for extended periods of time. It happened when I was thirteen turns old while I was a Candidate, plus it happened to someone else for the most part, another Dragon Candidate named Handler who was tyring to glue some leather to the bottom of her socks. I and Shiff kind of just showed up in the immediate aftermath though evidently Handler accidently spilled some glue and her Pink firelizard wound up walking through it.”

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Feb 5 2018, 01:31 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3125 Posts
2570 Marks

For a moment C'ian watched the firelizards. It probably was odd that FlittFace made siren noises when he thought people were intruding but C'ian didn't mind too much. It was more amusing than anything else. The kitchen workers certainly appreciated it the few times the black had alerted them to the presence of Weyrbrat thieves.

"Classic," C'ian responded to the story with a laugh, "When I was a dragon candidate I used to go outside and play my drums. I grew up in a Harper family, you see and the only thing I was good at, besides making up stories, was playing the drums. Although I never really got the hang of signalling I just liked to make a proper racket."
Being a dragon candidate had been a lot of fun. E'kiel was still a good friend and Sir Lazybutt, the puppy he got from the black rider, was still around albeit a little slower these days.
"In my experience, people here don't get too upset about these kinds of things... Usually..." He frowned a little as he thought of some of the red dragons. Well their riders usually weren't as volatile as the dragons.

"Did Handler respond positively?" He asked curiously.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 01:14 AM
Pridesecond

N/A

1412 Posts
1420 Marks

“I haven’t got any family in the Crafts, only an uncle by marriage that I’m sure of though I guess that I could have other more distant relatives, my family have been mostly Holdbred. Having four older brothers made me try to pull my own weight around our cothold though the fact that it was a Crescent Hold didn’t help at all,” said Kiveena not really having much in the way of shared experience outside of being Dragonriders.

“Now that I think about it a little more, Handler was more concerned about someone else aside from me (most likely the Candidatemaster) finding out about the mess considering how it might look without any context. Dragon, her Pink yes it’s a little odd but she also had a Green firelizard named Wher, wasn’t too stuck at least though it did take a lot of trial and error with the cleaning up the glue. Water helped somewhat I guess but it was a pain and was all over the common room tables,” said Kiveena with a thoughtful look trying to remember what exactly happened. Even if it was only three turns ago the details were hazy after the opening exchange, though how much effort the two female Candidates put into cleaning up the mess didn’t help at all.

@Boo

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 09:27 PM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3125 Posts
2570 Marks

Such an unusual name for a human, Shirath remarked to the two riders It is normal for one such as you to call their canine Sir Lazybutt but it seems strange to call a child Handler.
"I do recall their family all had strange names. Baker, Rider I think they were all part of the same family." C'ian agreed with his dragon thoughtfully.
He understood why they might want to be careful about causing too much mess. That said, C'ian himself was not one to worry about mess. Usually he was the one causing it particularly when he had been a candidate.

"We had a candidate called Qosis, Q'sis in my class. He was always causing trouble with people. We had a class of about 35 including Z'dyn the Weyrleader. Shirath was quite taken with the two irons in the class. Baihujinth and Chyurath. Barely paid any attention to the ladies."
He turned to his firelizards, FlittFace was now completely wrapped up with nowhere to go and Cirrus was holding on tight enough that it would be hard for the black to between. The blue chirped happily at Shiff and gestured with his tiny foreclaws to the bundle.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 10:24 PM
Pridesecond

N/A

1412 Posts
1420 Marks

@Boo

“Yeah, I didn’t really get to how that works, though Handler was one of the younger ones though that is a rather broad statement,” said Kiveena not really having much else to say about Handler’s family. “I guess that my family’s rather small for a Holdfolk family, having four elder brothers and only two younger sisters though I do have a sister-in-law and a nephew with regards to my eldest brother Barras so that’s something.”

“I’ve heard of Q’sis before though of course it’s all secondhand at best, it’s safe to say that Shirath was from a Queen’s clutch, can’t say the same thing about Koloth though. Koloth’s from Sixwith’s second clutch, there were a couple of sub-Kings and an Orange though only the Orange is still around this Weyr. Koloth didn’t strike me as interested in flights, though he did chase once since graduating more or less to say that he had experienced it.”

Cirrus was more willing to deal with the trouble maker than than any of the firelizards he lived with, seeing the ball that the Blue managed to get his fairmate in. The pillie crawled up to the firelizard prodding the thinking of what to do with the firelizard and whether or not what had happened to him already was enough for now looking towards Cirrus to see what the Blue thought.

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 09:33 PM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3125 Posts
2570 Marks

"Q'sis was an interesting fellow." C'ian responded with a nod, "Even in a large class, we had a lot of people transfer away and... Other things."
C'ian was older now but he still found it hard to talk about death. He couldn't bring himself to think on it too long. The thought of not being there to protect Rosian or Roselle one day was a horrible weight that settled in his chest when his mind wandered in that horrible direction. Instead he would always smile and laugh. It was, as they said, the best medicine. When things were tough, it was always best to smile and laugh rather than think of those they had lost. C'ian was fortunate that Roselle was perfectly safe.

I am quite the magnificent dragon, as you can see, Shirath told Kiveena, Should Koloth wish it I could teach him a think or two about wooing the ladies. I no longer look at another dragon other than my dear sweet Tserieth but I do still have a way with words.

"But feel free to decline." C'ian told Kiveena with a roll of his eyes.

Cirrus was satisfied with his work and began flying around in a small circle above his captive. Yes, this was marvellous. Now FlittFace would not be able to dive bomb him if he was looking for things on the ground. Now it was FlittFace who was in trouble. He whistled at the pillie and landed back on the ground, jumping up and down. They could take him before Shiff's other firelizards and determine appropriate punishment? Perhaps a bathing in the lake?

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 12:17 AM
Pridesecond

N/A

1412 Posts
1420 Marks

“Three of my classmates have transferred away as well, though as far as I know none of them have died I haven’t really kept up with what happened to the three that transferred away,” said Kiveena. She didn’t have any children, kind of hard to considering the difference in her age compared to C’ian, as is the case with the man that she was talking with. She was worried about how her family back home would react if something like her death would to happen in the relatively near future.

“Koloth might be interested he’s always up for learning new things, though as you might notice from earlier he isn’t that big on talking and when he does it tends to be rapid unless he’s forced to slow down.”

stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip, said the Blue to the effect of ‘Kiveena’s firelizards have as much faith in my work as she does especially Maenta who more often than not doesn’t want to be seen with me.’ The lake wasn’t too bad of an idea though, and started crawling towards the interior stairs, after all he couldn’t easily crawl down a rock wall so high off the bottom of the Weyr Bowl.

@Boo

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 06:58 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3125 Posts
2570 Marks

C'ian nodded sympathetically to the girl and smiled sadly.
"It's why we must always keep on keeping on. I think that is one of the burdens of a rider. I always think to myself, pack up your troubles in your old saddle bag and smile."

Oh Mine, he shall be as Aldebarath I think. The dear thing needs all the instruction he can get about the ways of women. I am an expert, after all. Shirath gushed to his rider and then turned his attention away from the humans to the burgundy. This was going to be fun. It had been so long since he'd had the chance to instruct another. There was a slight wiggle to the dragon as briefly sought to reassure Kiveena.
Do not worry a bit, I shall do all the talking.
Then he winged away and landed right near Koloth in his Weyr.

Dear Koloth, I shall tell you about ladies. You see, lady dragons are the types who adore compliments, but there will always be those who enjoy the company of the strong silent type. Why, did you know our Couineth picked such a strong silent type for quite some time. You must learn how to use your skills to attract the attention of the ladies. Shirath nodded impressively.

Cirrus chirped at his new friend and began rolling the black firelizard along the floor as though he were a rolling pin in the kitchens. FlittFace didn't much care for getting wet and that would make everything all the more glorious. Cirrus didn't understand why Shiff's firelizards weren't more friendly. Perhaps he could communicate with them at some point.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 11:58 PM
Pridesecond

N/A

1412 Posts
1420 Marks

“Right, if you’re going to be a Candidate you have to accept the inherant dangers of being a Dragonrider or a wherhandler,” said Kiveena after a somewhat lengthy pause in the conversation. “Just don’t be surprised if Koloth doesn’t want to speak an actual word to you.”

That last part was towards the Purple though she wasn’t sure if Shirath paid much head seeing him fly off towards her weyr to have better access to her Dragon for the advice. The Burgundy was interested in flights but he wasn’t as interested in Queens for the time being, being a Leader wasn’t something he was about to try and learn especially since it would be mostly Kiveena and it might involve him talking. Otherwise he was interested in what the Purple had to say even with the fact that Koloth didn’t want to speak during this conversation instead giving off the impression of interest to Shirath.

Stip stip stip stip stip stip stip, stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip, said Shiff. ‘Alahana and Tigah are friendly enough, Alahana is the only one who will give me the time of day most times though she’s the type to take things at face value.’

@Boo

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 06:39 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3125 Posts
2570 Marks

C'ian nodded. Of course, when one became a candidate that was never the thought in their mind. Instead, they only thought about the excitement of Impressing a dragon and some candidates didn't even make it that far. In spite of all the information they were given in classes, they never thought of the risk. C'ian smiled again.
"Of course it's not all doom and gloom. Most candidates in Dalibor meet their matches. We have pretty good Searchriders here."

Shirath didn't mind at all that Koloth wouldn't answer him for he knew that Koloth was listening. How could anyone not listen to him? He was remarkably charismatic after all. He whistled softly and continued on.
So Hemetath won the Flight just by sending her images and emotions of how he felt towards her. Perhaps, Koloth, your silence is your best weapon with the ladies. You could show them how you feel instead of speaking. I use my words and my body to woo dear Tseriath but I think you could use your images perhaps. You should try it now. Think of something you have seen today and show me the image!
He would teach Koloth how to win all the Flights. Of course, he would never mention that he had only ever won a Flight with one dragon, his dear Weyrmate.

They reached the door with his wrapped up FlittFace who had now chirped in protest as though trying to alert C'ian to what was happening. Cirrus chirped happily back, completely oblivious to FlittFace's frustration. He understood how Shiff felt, though, understood completely. That was why they were going to be such good friends? Had Shiff seen any other suspicious things, Cirrus chirped towards the pillie. Perhaps together they could solve all kinds of mysteries around the Weyr.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: May 7 2018, 08:08 PM
Pridesecond

N/A

1412 Posts
1420 Marks

“That’s true, seeing as we’re talking here right now, though there are still plenty of people that never Impressed when they stood as Candidates or those that are waiting to see if they will,” said Kiveena. “Of course that isn’t something that we can do to change that. At least I can defend my family from Thread even if it’s just one more Burgundy among many that live within the Weyr.”

The Burgundy was enjoying the rather one sided conversation with the much older Purple, mostly with regards to what he had to say, with Alahana and Tigah coming up to where the two Dragons were having a conversation. He had seen an Orange and a Black squabbling about some sort of harness earlier that morning, though what was the fight about was hard to tell from the distance away it was something that Koloth found interesting.

Oh there was plenty of things that were suspicious, why the other day he saw a Black firelizard that was more reddish than black that acted like a feline of all things. What was he hiding to doing something that was completely not in character of a firelizard and more in line with a completely different species.

@Boo

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: May 11 2018, 07:48 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3125 Posts
2570 Marks

"Certainly, I know my sister hoped dearly she would be Searched but she never was," C'ian answered, "I think at some point every young man or woman on Pern believes they might be a dragonrider. The thought of being able to just disappear and re-appear anywhere. Every one dragon adds so much to the ranks, and everyone has their part to play."
There was certainly something to be said for the freedom a rider had. Especially those that had been a rider during the last Interval. He still remembered waiting with a mix of dread and excitement for the first ever Threadfall. They had lost many and yet with each passing turn it got easier and they lost fewer people to their ancient enemy.

Just as Koloth was enjoying the one sided conversation, Shirath loved it even more. He was perfectly content to talk, talk and talk some more. He was getting the attention he had always craved since the moment he had broken shell. Tserieth gave him plenty of attention but the more he could get the better. Of course, Tserieth's attention was different.
Sometimes the ladies will ask an abstract question such as; what can you offer me. It does not have to be answered with words. Images, thoughts, deeds and gifts can work just as well. Some of them might even demand gifts. Whatever it is they ask for, you should comply. However, you do not always need to use honeyed words. As I said, images are just as useful. Feelings too. Try to always treat the lady with respect, it is not comfortable to be scratched.
He'd had that happen a couple of times.

As the blue continued pushing FlittFace down the corridor, he was so excited by the idea that there were many more suspicious creatures around the Weyr. How had he not seen them! Cirrus decided then and there that he would have to keep a better eye out for these things. He chirped, informing the pillie that if he saw any suspicious things he would pass on the information.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: May 13 2018, 12:55 AM
Pridesecond

N/A

1412 Posts
1420 Marks

“And there are some others that probably should have left that dream for other just as important responsibilities but somehow Impressed a Dragon anyways,” said Kiveena. “Rasbar and Kivras, two of my older brothers, were kind of jealous of my when they heard about me Impressing Koloth though they did get over it fairly quickly. Its true that every Dragon, especially fully able bodied ones, are important to the defense of Pern regardless of size or importance in other areas.”

Koloth tilted his head slightly thinking about what the Burgundy himself could offer up to a female that he would be willing to offer up in order to win her favour. At least the Purple didn’t tell him to give an example as to what he would be willing to offer to a hypothetical female Dragon.

Stip stip stip stip stip stip stip, stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip stip, said Shiff something to the effect of ‘You never know that nothing is weird until it’s staring you right in your face except for me of course.’ He was glad with FlittFace’s pledge to find other suspicious goings on in the Weyr which would be good seeing as he could only walk from one place to another.

@Boo

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: May 13 2018, 05:51 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3125 Posts
2570 Marks

"I am not surprised, he's a great dragon from what Shirath is able to deduce. Although, of course, only a rider knows their own dragon's mind," C'ian answered.
He folded his arms and looked at her for a moment. It was not particularly strange that Koloth chose not to speak but it was something that, as a Wingsecond, might have been something he would consider bringing up with her. However, ultimately he was certain the dragon would speak if it was needed. Plenty of dragons felt similarly but as someone impressed to a dragon that would never shut up, he wondered whether it was perhaps somewhat isolating. The thought lingered but he said nothing on that matter instead choosing to ask another question.
"How do you feel being in Heritage Wing? All your drills are going well?"

Above all, when following a female in Flight be aware of the other males. Again, it is not worth getting into a tussle with the pea-brained brawny ones that sometimes take to the skies. Particularly in a Queen Flight. Some of them are there just to flex their muscles and feel like the biggest, strongest dragon there. Keep an eye on them and stay away. Remember, one of your best strengths is your speed but you should always continue to work on your endurance. The purple really spoke as though he had read a book on the matter. Fortunately, she spoke confidently. He had seen so many Flights, he knew all the ways other dragons had won.

Cirrus got a great idea then. Perhaps there was a way he would be able to carry or help Shiff. The blue chittered for a moment, looking at the pillie. It seemed very large though. Perhaps that wouldn't work. It was a shame, he would have loved to give Shiff a view of the Weyr from where he could see it. Oh but he supposed he might have been able to just tell him what was happening. With the partnership decided, Cirrus got closer and closer to the Weyrbowl where they would drop FlittFace in the lake for a little bit because he was very suspicious.

@Mopsy93

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: May 14 2018, 11:25 PM
Pridesecond

N/A

1412 Posts
1420 Marks

“That’s true,” said Kiveena. She didn’t know how weird it was for the Burgundy to not like talking, of course he’s fully capable of speaking normally, but the girl didn’t really press the issue most days. Not so much in the middle of Threadfall, when she pressured him more or less to speak when it was necessary. “Things are going well though I haven’t really had much to do with my Wingmates outside of Threadfall and wing drills yet, hopefully that will change but you never know.”

From what experience Koloth had, all of one flight though with a Pink that he had met once right after his graduation, that it would be better to be wary of the other males involved in the flight. Of course that advice would serve him well with larger males, maybe not with more aggressive males of his or smaller size, but the Purple couldn’t really tell him everything at one time.

Yeah, the two Blues even as two different species were too similar in size to make a lift really work, maybe not even a Gold firelizard would be able to carry off a Brown pillie though that wasn’t something that he had experience with. Either way both Shiff and the two firelizards were getting close to the Weyr Lake and Flittface being dunked in the water so at least that was going well.

@Boo

PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil