April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Winter, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:

While not unnatural in its violence, the dual hatching of Copper Queens Laanasuth, and Zelsk, has brought many changes Pernwide to the Dragon Candidate program. Raising the Age of Candidacy, and laying more rigorous emotional requirements on those admitted into the program and permitted to stay after. Dalibor has settled into an easy peace with the hatching fading into memory and young dragonets and wherets visible as they come into their own.

Included in their ranks are two colours new to Pern. Indigo dragons, and Pink whers, as well as Dalibor's first instance of a dual-bonded Wherhandler. As always, the West seems eager to produce weirdness for the rest of Pern.

Curiously, a steady flow of messengers seem to be traveling between Grove and Dalibor Weyr during the early sevendays of the new season; which is already proving to be milder than some in Dalibor's recent history.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

Party of the Decade, {OPEN to ALL!} AU 18th - Kisk's Party
Boo
 Posted: May 21 2018, 05:34 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Kisk invites you to celebrate the most recent hatching.
Come before dawn to the wherhandler barracks.
Good food and a warm pool!

The signs had been put up around the Weyr in places Kisk was sure people would see them. The Wherling barracks, Weyrling barracks, Dining Hall. He figured Kirryl might be one of the only ones who would come from the dragon side of things but he really hoped a lot more people would come along to enjoy his party. At least he knew a couple of people would be there.

Everything was planned and in place. Kisk had enlisted the help of his grumpy sister Yalesk as well as Dask and Disk who were decidedly less grumpy green whers. Then he had also gotten the help of a useful blue wher Naanesk who had tried to get the word out to the people Kisk had met in his adventures. Of course, he'd had to wait until day time, when all the whers would be coming back to their holes. They were also told they would have to be careful to keep the noise down because some people would like to sleep. Kisk rather thought that was silly. His Mini-Kire had Impressed after all and so they really needed to let everyone know but he supposed Kire was right. They didn't want to upset Norsk or Osk, they were all much larger than him and would be able to tread on his tail if he did the wrong thing.

Kisk giggle gurgled, though. It was very early morning so Kirryl would be able to join them before her lessons and duties for the day. Fortunately, having been raised by wherhandlers, she was used to adjusting her schedule. He was so excited that they would be able to show some of the Big Wings where he lived! He knew they would not stay small forever!

As soon as he spotted Kirryl, Kisk bounded over to her bugling and bumping noses with Ajaleath.
WELCOME WELCOME! Kisk am have good food and nice drink. Not bad drink for Kirryl not allowed drink, though. Kisk am know. Have fun things throw around pool. Catch, play with! Going be FUN!

Indeed, the wher had managed to tie a net across the pool, thanks to Riysk's handler, and gotten a ball from the creche thanks to Naanesk's handler. It was nice that they helped him. He had asked them very forcefully but that didn't matter. The goal of the game was to try to keep the ball up and hit it over the net. Very tricky for a wher. Luckily the net wasn't that high.

Ditre would be checking names and if the name wasn't on the list, he would add them and then cross it off. Kisk understood that it was very important to cross off names.

(Please feel free to join!! Kisk has probably invited pretty much anyone he's met so you can feel free to say he invited your character directly @Sakoru (Yalenia would have invited Cordova) @Eric (Um'al) @Ruriko (Azaril) )

PM
^
Eric
 Posted: May 30 2018, 05:46 PM
Weyrling

N/A

34 Posts
240 Marks

"You're sure I can come?" Azumal asked skeptically of his brother, hand on Vellinuth's shoulder.

Reassure him, Um'al-Mine.

"I know, Vell. Really, Azumal. Vellinuth was there, and he wants you to come. You can meet some whers, and some more Weyrlings, and..."

Azumal bit his lip. He was jealous of this batch of Weyrlings, particularly since he had stood by their side and now would have to wait an entire turn to stand again. He was most jealous of his brother, who had held off on Standing until late. Apparently he had held off until just the right moment.

He's doing that thing again, the dragonet pointed out. Sure enough, Azu was chewing the inside of his lip to shreds.

"I don't really like parties..."

"Neither do I, but we were invited, so we should go. At least, that's what Vellinuth says."

"Fine."

Vellinuth led the way into the wher caverns eagerly enough. As soon as they entered, he spotted Ajaleath and Kisk and if a dragon could grin, that's what he did, gaping his maw open a little terrifyingly with his crow-like muzzle. He loped over to where the wher and dragonet were.

Ajaleath! Kisk! Friends, Um'al-mine and his little clutchsibling and I are here!

Azumal walked behind Um'al, shy to a fault, eyes wide and posture small. Um'al wasn't a whole lot better. The pair were... not the most sociable creatures in the world. Um'al waved to Kirryl, failing to put a smile on his face entirely, as he and Azu walked over.

"Kirryl, Weyrling of Pink Ajaleath, this is my brother, Azumal. You might recognize him from some of our Candidate lessons. But he isn't a Candidate anymore. New rules and all..."

"Umeral!" Azu spat, before correcting himself, "Er, Um'al... You don't gotta go and say that much!"

Nervously, he ran a hand over his short hair. "Um, hi Kirryl. I recognize you, but I don' think we've achually spoken."

He had just the slightest childish affect to his speech patterns, exacerbated by his shyness and his nervousness. "Erm, Ajaleath is really lovely. And so is this wher. Is this Kisk? He's very handsome. Where's his handler?"

He bit back the next few words he would have said with a gulp. He was already talking too much.

Um'al smirked slightly and patted Azu's shoulder in a brotherly manner.

@Boo
PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 08:31 PM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks

At the arrival of Vellinuth and Um'al, Kisk bugled loudly and Ajaleath pranced over to meet the black part way into the wher caverns. She whistled to him as he greeted both herself and Kisk. The black wher in question had begun running tight circles with extreme excitement. He came to a skidding halt in front of the two brothers and bugled his welcome then went charging back to Vellinuth.

This is all so exciting, I am pleased to meet your Um'al's clutch sibling. Kisk has made a lot of plans for the party. I think it will be a lot of fun.

All very harmless fun, Kirryl thought happily. That was Kisk after all. This was what she would almost call a child's party. There was no alcohol to tempt the Weyrlings and it was really about having fun and playing games.
"Nice to meet you Azumal," Kirryl said, smiling proudly as he complimented her dragon, "My brother Ditre is the same, you can see him over there sulking."

True enough, Ditre was sitting somewhere off to the side with a glum expression on his face, occasionally looking jealously at Vellinuth and Ajaleath.
"And yes, this is Kisk. His handler is my mother Kire who is over there I think trying to make sure the food is set out correctly."
Kire was indeed standing near a place where the food was laid on a slightly raised section of the floor on top of a blanket. Kisk came bounding over to the humans now.

KISK AM THANK FOR NICE THINGS. HANDSOME KISK.
He gurgled and pranced around in a circle.
HAVE MANY PLANS. PLAY TOSS BALL IN WATER?? FUN FOR ALL! TINY BIG-WINGS CAN FIT HERE NOW NOT FOR LONG THOUGH! BEST TIME.

Then he turned and flung himself into the wher pool as Kire approached.
"Thanks so much for coming boys, he's very excited you could make it," Kire said as she smiled happily at the brothers.

@Eric

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil