April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Autumn, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Copper Laanasuth
Copper Zelsk

Upcoming Hatchings:
Red Cereza
Green Quince

Wedding bells ring out to celebrate the joining of Lord Callum to Lady Shuli. A grand gather has been put together with people from all over Pern coming to celebrate! Crescent is full to the brim with those who wish to show their support and those just looking to make (or spend) a few marks!

Copper Zelsk shook things up at the Copper Class graduation feast by beginning her run shortly after the knots were delivered to her handler. Bronze Osk won Zelsk's maiden run and now a sizable clutch lays on the sands hardening. Not to be outdone by the ground-bound copper, Copper Laanasuth took to the skies the very next day - though her flight was not as cut and dry as the wher's run had been. Offended by the force catch attempt of a presumptuous burgundy Laanasuth betweened to High Reaches Weyr where one of their dragons won her flight. Though she has returned to Dalibor and laid a large clutch for Dalibor's candidates the Weyr awaits the transfer of the dragon sire and his rider, Dalibor's newest Junior Weyrleader.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
???

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ivy
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply
New Poll

Five Of A Kind, AU:13 Izanesk's Second Clutching
Kiran
 Posted: Feb 25 2016, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

Izanesk almost bit Izanen to get him to pay attention to her. She was almost round in her state, and definitely in some minor distress. Izanen couldn't quite sympathize, but having a toddler screaming in his ear prevented that.

Need be coming NOW for eggs! Observe!
"Did you alert Vrell?"
Will when eggs be out. Come. Bring scream-baby!

She huffed and set out at a brisk trot. The starry sky glimmered above and in the still waters of the lake. Izanen's long strides kept pace, his eyes scanning the weyrs for any sign of disturbance. Zaderiah was being incredibly fussy and his screams seemed to echo. He winced slightly as he got a hard tug at his curls.

Izanesk couldn't be stopped. She almost snarled at the empty cavern as she headed to the center of the Sands - you could see them directly from the entrance, though it was quite a distance - and began the labor of depositing her eggs on the sands. Izanen settled down and waited for it to be over, feeling his Bonded's relief as one by one they slipped and settled. The orange made certain they were in a circle, the biggest front and center. It took a candlemark for the whole process, during which Zad quieted down and his canine joined them. Canine and child sleeping, curled around each other, Izanen came down to examine the eggs.

No touch please.

The orange flopped down beside them, looking them over. She was rather pleased. It was the opportunity for more experiements. Vresk, Izanesk eggs be on Sands. No needing protection but if say so will take.

"They look great, girl. You did good." Izanesk snorted but rested her head on Izanen's thigh.

Invite Isk's over. He be good protect. Izanesk request Isk and Isk's, Vresk and Vresk's. She was happy enough to overwrite anything Izanen thought with that simple action. With little ado, Izanesk began shifting the sand around the eggs to make them more comfortable, though they remained clear for the Candidates and maybe-visitors to see.

user posted image
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Feb 25 2016, 06:28 PM
Senior Weyrleader

Wrangler of Muses

4005 Posts
20 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Isk had been stretched out with Bozidar, Ijo asleep on his bed, when Izanesk's call came. Ijo recalled the Orangehandler, Isk of course knew and was rather fond of Izanesk. He hadn't been chosen to sire her clutch, but the big and burly Brown didn't hold anything against her; the choice had been hers, after all, and Hers had surprisingly been entertained with the presence of the Brown's own bonded.

Ijo hadn't come back that evening; the Brown was surprised to find the pair wound up with one another in Izanen's bed. The Healer-turned-Miner watched, woken by Isk's mental press, as Bo snuggled up next to the wher that had saved his life. Isk nosed Bo's fingers gently, the Drudge's hand curled against the Brown's snout. A slow shift, and the wherry-loving beast shifted his substantial weight to rouse himself. He nosed Bo, before trudging over towards His. Ijo smirked at him, and Isk headbutted His' arm.

Izanesk call. Want Isk, Ijo. Say guard, with Vresk, Vresk's. Not wake Bo. Leave sleep. Need. Will tell Roiath's, come sit with, make sure not scare. Come. Stop by kitchen, bring snack.
If you say so.

Ijo pulled himself out of bed, making short work of a bath proper before he pulled on his clothes. Bozidar hadn't moved, the Drudge out cold in his bed on the floor. Isk had flopped down on his haunches beside him, snuffling over Sand, who was curled up against Bo's chest. Cee slept under the lengthy span of His' hair.

They departed, and Isk relayed the message.

Roiath. Isk, Isk's, go to Sands. Izanesk make eggs. Want guard. You, yours, come watch Cee's. Not awake.

They stopped by the kitchen, Isk collecting roasted wherry in buckets for both himself and Izanesk, while Ijo carted a klah container, some cream, and a roll filled with meatrolls along with him in a basket. They arrived some short time later, Ijo setting the basket on the wall, a pair of mugs drawn from within. He poured himself some, measuring out some water and cream into it. His stomach didn't sit well with the full-strength stuff. Isk, accustomed to the 'rules' of most Queens, sat at the entrance to the Sands with not a claw on them.

Isk bring food. Think Izanesk hungry, make egg-babies.

He sat one bucket down closer to the edge, the other down beside his shoulder. Pulling a chunk from it, he flopped down to hold it between his paws and chew on it.

Ijo didn't immediately say anything to Izanen; it was clear the Brownhandler was still more than a little bashful about having ended up in bed with the much taller man. He gently slipped the mug closer to him, pulling the meatroll wrap from within to put it out for them to both partake of. There must have been some ten or more in there.

PM
^
Kiran
 Posted: Mar 6 2016, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

Izanen's stomach growled as the scent of meatrolls and roast wherry that wafted ahead of the brownpair. He turned his head to watch them come in, Ijo coming to him while Isk went to Izanesk. The orange went to the brown with a certain measure of gentleness, brushing against the brown. Thanks be much, Isk. Isk kindly brown. Much help with experiments for coming Chase. She nodded her head towards Hers. Mine be happier for Yours for Chasing. Was good Run for Mine.

The statements were conversational, though she was certainly eyeing the wherry. After the niceties were over the orange's head dipped down and she began to gnaw rather ferociously. The wherry began disappearing quite quickly - the laying had exhausted her on several levels.

Izanesk coughed lightly at Izanesk's lack of discretion and blushed a bit. He himself side-eyed the meatrolls, reaching out to grab one and casting a grin over. "Thanks. Forgot I'd end up as hungry as she is. Though goodness knows I certainly didn't lay those eggs." Taking a bit of liberty, Izanen sought to ease the brownrider a bit with a friendly wink. Then he took a welcome bite of the meatroll, letting it fall apart in his mouth. Mmmm. He unconsciously let the sound out. Sometimes it was the simple things. He reached a hand out to pour himself some klah; this he drank straight for the first gulp and then had some cream after.

"How've you been?" Since then, was the silent addition. It was awkward, trying to figure out how to address the elephant in the room. How did others deal with it? He'd only dealt with this once. Had a Weyrmate for it. Had been there for Dev beyond that. He'd only briefly met Ijo before, had crossed him on patrol. There were a lot of things about it Izanen both wanted to talk about but wanted to stay quiet about. He was.... torn. And for that he stayed silent.
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Mar 6 2016, 02:18 PM
Senior Weyrleader

Wrangler of Muses

4005 Posts
20 Marks

Isk didn't mind, but true to usual norm, he didn't say anything in response. Just lightly bumped Izanesk's snout with his own, before he flopped down half-on, half-off the Sands and nudged the other bucket towards her so that she could have her meal, as well. He was content to remain far back from her clutch, knowing most egg-mothers were protective and territorial, as well as the fact that he hadn't been the sire. Regardless of the fact His had shared the Runlust night with Hers.

Ijo swallowed a bit, sipping his klah with a reserved sort of apprehension. Almost fourteen turns of celibacy, and then he'd...well...fallen victim - entirely willingly - to a man, of all things. It had been an experience to say the least. He didn't take Izanen for the sort that enjoyed the company of other men, though Ijo wasn't the sort to limit himself based on such things. He just expected to know his partners a bit more than most, before he went falling into bed with them, and in some ways it was the case here with Izanen. Though he'd only really ever spoken to the Orangehandler a handful of times.

"Well enough, I suppose. Working, looking after Bozidar, making sure he doesn't get into trouble, though he's got Da'on and O'men for that, now. You?"

Ijo left it alone, for a moment. He shifted on his feet.

"I wanted to thank you. For being easy with me, and all. You're...kind of a lot bigger than me, and I hadn't had a partner in fourteen turns or so, it was....nice, not to feel like a piece of meat, if you know what I mean. You're...really considerate. I know it was probably a little awkward, you didn't seem like the sort that's ever really been interested in men, so I was trying not to be too big a pain in the tail, so to speak. I'm glad it was you, and not someone else."

PM
^
Kiran
 Posted: Mar 14 2016, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

"Been a touch busy with Izanesk being egg-heavy. It's not... easy, really, being Prideleader and at the same time dealing with her. She can be a handful most of the time. It's always interesting when that's compounded. She's not had an easy time on patrol." Thankfully the others had taken well to being switched out; their outside patrols had gone inside, and he'd picked up a few shifts as well to try and make up his weight.

The following conversation had his hands stilling, swallowing the mouthful of meatroll he'd had. The orangehandler's cheeks went red. Izanesk only lifted her snout up high enough to snort at him. "I'd not been with a man before. I figured gentle was better." The words were awkward and really not good enough for what he was trying to convey. Izanen looked over at him. "You were fine. I was really worried that I wasn't good enough. You're not a piece of meat, regardless of Runlust; you're a man, you're one of the Priderunners. That's good enough for me. Really, I ought to be here thanking you for tolerating my.... complete ineptitude."

The meatroll in his hand became a bit crunched as Izanen curled his hand around it. Awkward, indeed.

"Considering I'd only been with females before then, and only been in Runlust once before, you were good to me as well. So thank you." A slight cough. "I didn't dislike it, either, so if Isk Chases again, I wouldn't mind if you wanted to share sheets again."

There. The offer was out. Izanen wasn't entirely certain how he felt about the whole affair; he'd found himself primarily attracted to women, but there was something very nice about being with Ijo as well. The older man had availed himself to Izanen in the kindest ways. The orangehandler knew that couldn't have been easy; it wasn't easy any of the times he'd fallen into bed, since his size presented a few qualms with potential lovers. Even Devonny had made him feel no small amount of trepidation, though their difference in height was just as hard to overcome.
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Mar 16 2016, 07:06 PM
Senior Weyrleader

Wrangler of Muses

4005 Posts
20 Marks

Ijo nodded slightly, sipping his klah.

"First time for everything, I guess?" He looked somewhat mildly sheepish, purposefully not looking at the much taller other man. Sometimes he forgot that they must have put some sort of attractant in the water around here; almost everyone he knew of, they were taller than he was. Some like Izanen, incredibly so.

"It must have been a shock, at any rate. I've seen more than a few men angry when they end up in bed with another man, so I was quite surprised either way. I'm happy to..uh...come help out, so it goes, if Izanesk has another Run and there's not a woman there to handle things. I know when we become Handlers and all, it's just kind of expected, but ....you're welcome to come to my quarters when and if you decide you want company." He ran his fingers across the top of the wall idly. "How is Zad's mother? I...well, I don't know if the pair of you are still weyrmates or anything like that?"

Isk booped Izanen's snout, then pulled another piece of meat from his bucket to push it between his paws. Ijo regarded his Brown quietly, but otherwise said nothing to him.

"It must be hard, raising your son practically alone. Or do you share him with her as much as you have him yourself?" He traced his fingers along the stones curiously. "I've never had a wife or a child, so forgive me the curiosity."

PM
^
Kiran
 Posted: Mar 30 2016, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

"First time for everything." Izanen gave a small nod in response to the hesitant question and folded his hands in his lap. He'd long grown used to the dimensions of his body and didn't look quite like a gangly teenager, though certainly he looked oversized even sitting on the bench. The Handler watched Izanesk finish and head back to her eggs; though the orange felt fairly safe, she still had the protectiveness common in clutching mothers.

As she sniffed around the eggs - there seemed to be an endless fascination with them at the moment - Izanen glanced at Ijo. "I can't say it wasn't a shock, but I know so few I'd be comfortable with during a Run, and most all of them are men. You included, since I'd met and know you." He leaned back alightly, looking up at the ceiling. "Dev and I were weyrmates. Before Zad was born. Up until the Northern Expedition."

A shift. Sorrow crossed his features.

"I was injured. Badly. Dev went Between to find me. Told me she was pregnant. And... We had a fight, since she had been going Between blithley. Didn't care she might lose our child. It broke my heart, that she wanted to be with me and wanted my child, but didn't care about taking care of herself so she'd keep it. That she'd risk his life time and again because she hadn't miscarried the first time."

Even as he spoke, Izanen's voice grew bitter and his expression stormy. He leaned forward and buried his head in his hands. From them his muffled voice sounded. "Sorry. I... It gets to me. Still. Especially now. Izanesk isn't helping." There was extra maternalness even in the orange, and it definitely trickled through. Izanesk also felt Zad was one of hers. "We aren't weyrmates anymore, though. That broke it, and while she came by to say she was sorry...." His head lifted. "She was willing to say it, but I need actions to support that. I couldn't just take her word after the way she hurt me."

"I probably sound cruel saying that, but I still hurt over it. I loved her. Now we share custody. He's with her as often I, and a solid time in the creche when we're in the Wings or on patrol. I know some others do it differently, but this works out for me. She wants her child somewhat. Apparently."

Izanen's gaze peered out at the Sands. Looked at the eggs awaiting Candidates.
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Apr 15 2016, 01:25 PM
Senior Weyrleader

Wrangler of Muses

4005 Posts
20 Marks

"But you're not....it's not normally something you'd do? Sleeping with men?"

There was really no easier way for Ijo to really pose the question, after all. A good portion of Handlers seemed to be the sort who didn't share affections for the same gender they were part of. Ijo just...didn't really care, he was rather neutral on the subject, and he wasn't the sort that just fell into bed with everyone and anyone. Izanen had been his first in...Faranth...fourteen turns or so.

It just wasn't an aspect of his life he took terribly serious, at least in pursuit of that sort of thing. A hand ran through the wild curls of his hair, and he sipped his watered-down klah.

"I hear so many people say that Dragonriders and Wherhandlers can never sort a relationship, just because of the time difference in when one's awake versus the other, but it seems to work on some accounts. I'd say your boy has things sorted pretty well for him. When one can't be there, the other is, and then time in the Creche when not, but it's obvious to me you care a great deal about both of them. Even when she hurt you."

Another slow sip.

"I can't say I've ever been in a relationship, so you're doing better than I am. Before you and I...you know...it'd been over ten turns. I just...after I lost my sisters, it wasn't the same. I didn't want to feel that kind of loss, if I was with someone who died. I stopped healing after that, too. It was easier just to have a safer craft, in some aspects. But it's hard, most of the people I've made any friendships with here, they're healers, so it's...I don't know. Pulling me back, I guess. On some accounts, I feel like maybe I'm missing out, but if it's really meant to happen, I guess it will? It seems like a weird thing to concern myself with." He shrugged softly. "Some people might have a bigger desire for it, but it was never something I really felt as much as most, maybe. Da'on's pretty cute, but he's a little too arrogant for me. Nice guy otherwise, though. I heard he's found a couple weyrmates of his own." He scratched the back of his neck. "But I had fun with you. I mean...if it ever comes to that again. Do you think you'll ever forgive her? Maybe the pair of you might reconcile or something? Or are you looking for someone else at this point? Rather, open to, I suppose."

He realized what it probably sounded like.

"I mean...another woman, that is, n-not that I mean anything for ME, of course, but I wouldn't mind if you're lonely and want someone to talk to and such."
Ijo think Izanesk's look nice, but don't think Izanesk's like dangly bits over not-dangly bits. Is awkward, sorry. Not best at sort of thing
Thank you, Isk. Ijo sighed.
Welcome.

PM
^
Kiran
 Posted: May 1 2016, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

Izanen shifted, then shook his head in silent answer to the question about his regular habits about people. No, he didn't normally take on men. Women had been his speed. But it hadn't been unpleasant. Izanen had found himself taking comfort in the romp with his fellow Handler.

If there was anything the orangehandler was good at, it was listening. He listened to Ijo as he spoke of his sisters, the desire for a relationship. Those he'd considered proposing. Then it turned right back to Izanen again. He hesitated for only a moment before shaking his head. "She tried once already. She came to my room. Apologized. But I can't be won by words alone, and her actions cut deep. I need to know that she means it when she says she's sorry. And since she's avoided me since then, I think I have my answer about how much she means her apology."

The words about his preferences drew his attention, but no irritation. Simply a bashful smile that faded into something a bit more regretful.

"You've caught me. I do prefer females. But I enjoyed what we had, and.... I'm not looking for anyone at the moment. I have my hands full between my Pride and my son. So, even if we don't end up in bed together - though I wouldn't feel badly if we did - I appreciate the invitation to be friendly company. That's worth it's weight in gold."

Friendship was precious, and Izanen wasn't one to waste it where it could be scrounged. In the gentle quietness of the brownrider, in the men and women who came to his kitchens to eat, in his fellow Handlers. Friends were better than lovers. Often they were less fickle and more true.

Nevertheless the orangehandler leaned over, his fingers going beneath Ijo's chin to draw him into a soft and swift kiss. "Thank you, nevertheless. Izanesk's Run wasn't looking to be as pleasant as her first, and you were an excellent partner. Even if you're not that into relationships, I imagine you'll find more company than I here." Izanesk drew back and sipped at the klah once more, peering at the eggs.
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: May 4 2016, 10:42 PM
Senior Weyrleader

Wrangler of Muses

4005 Posts
20 Marks

Ijo sipped his klah, shifting to settle down beside his Brown, and lean up against his side. Isk grunted, but otherwise didn't appear to be bothered; Ijo made sure to stay off the Sands.

"That is....quite upsetting. You'd think that if she meant it, she'd still stick around, at least. There's just no accounting for some people, I suppose."

The kiss was less than shocking; after the night they'd had, it was a footnote in the grander scale of what they'd done. Still, however, Ijo's cheeks colored slightly. He could understand Izanen's preferences. Most men that he'd met, preferred women. He could certainly see the appeal, given how most assumed he did, too. Assumed. It wasn't always the case, but there it was.

Ijo closed his eyes, leaning back on Isk's hide with a measure of comfort. His Brown was undisturbed, content to enjoy his meal and leave the Orange to her own. He was largely passive when it came to company, at least in the measure of appearances; there was no doubt that if someone came bothering the Clutchmother, there'd be shells to pay in every regard.

"I wouldn't be so sure," Ijo remarked dryly, though there wasn't really a sense of sadness to him at all. "You're the first one I've...you know..." He ran his hand backwards through the mess of curls. "...connected with, I guess is the best word." A small shrug. "Sometimes I wonder if maybe it's not better that way. I was...never much good at picking up on the clues and such, so I'm told. It was just easier, the whole letting Isk do his thing, and shutting myself up in my room."

PM
^
Kiran
 Posted: Jun 7 2016, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

N/A Posts
Marks

"No accounting." His expression went positively stormy as he thought about it. Devonny's flippant behavior about their breakup - her expectations about them getting back together - upset him to reaches no others had managed. There was no accounting for a broken heart. And that was how she had left him; brokenhearted and alone. In that light it wasn't strange that he sought companionship and friendship where he could, especially with the kind brownhandler.

Izanesk, finished with her own partial meal, stalked over to the eggs and purred low among them. They seemed to ask for it in some manner. The orange simply obeyed their wishes, although she certainly made note of it.

Izanen was definitely surprised with Ijo's lack of connections. He did make some effort to hide it, to try and not offend the brownhandler. "I don't think it is." A pause. "But then again, I have limited experience in these matters. You're a good man. What does it matter if you can't pick up clues and such? I'd think the important thing is the heart you put into it. The honesty and the sincerity. I wish there were more of that between Devonny and I. Or I wish there had been. She was always honest with me, I suppose, but her actions spoke louder than her words ever could."

The orangehandler looked out over the Sands. "I'm sure there's a guy out there that'll appreciate you for it. Riding things out alone might be easier, but it's not... I don't think I'd want to." Hopefully he'd have another friend or two for the next Run. Izanen enjoyed the company, and bedding someone had been as much relief as not. It had been the first time since Devonny that he'd been able to open up and be intimate with another. It had been, in its own way, freeing.
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr