Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for eight years.

News
Spring, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights:
Red Cyanide

Upcoming Hatchings:
Amber Era

Western Hold welcomes new blood in the form of a young couple, Lord Holder Basasius and Lady Holder Baria. A grand Gather is being hosted by Western Hold to welcome their new Lord and Lady.

While the new Lords settle into Western there has been talk and speculation about the western continent's other Hold. It has been two turns since his wife's passing in the south, when will Lord Callum decide to take up a new wife?

Spring has woken an abundance of plant life across Pern with intermittent spring showers helping to sate the growth's never ending thirst. With the end of snow and cold comes Thread once more; Dalibor's wings have no doubt been reduced due to losses over the winter but none the less they persevere.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Arlya of Burgundy Xerocleth - Rowana

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ivy

Betahandler
Der of Grey Desk - Rii
Oreanda of Bronze Osk - Ruin

Weyrlingmaster
B'tor of Green Tavistrath - Sakoru
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ivy

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Ra'h of Green Musath - Blot
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Head Admins

Ruin

Moderators

Ivy
Rii

Historian

Rhia

Advertisers

Tigersilk
Zane
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply
New Poll

Haunted Melody, AU:15 [Sixwith's 3rd Flight]
Ivy
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 05:45 PM
Alphahandler

1211 Posts
1030 Marks
Member Inventory: View

... I'll take thee away,
into a land of enchantment...

After a sevenday of restless and sleepless nights sleep finally came the night before, a deep and restful sleep that invigorated Frayya but left her feeling restless throughout the day. Staring at the ceiling that night she slowly drifted in what was sure to be another much needed night of rest. Instead of peace and quiet she was pulled from her dreams by a whisper, Sometimes I wonder.

Face contorted into a yawn before the tanrider stretched out across her bed and looked towards the weyr ledge. Darkness met her gaze and her brows furrowed into a frown at the realization it was still nighttime. Wonder what?

If there are others like me.

There is a whole Weyr of other dragons.

It is lonely being the only one. Frayya turned onto her side, head propped in the palm of her hand as she rested on her elbow. Legs shifted and bent beneath the furs before she kicked them off of her form, welcoming the kiss of the cool autumn night air over the entire length of her body as it met skin. The tan’s words were poignant and all too relatable for the weaver turned dragonrider. A flurry of emotions brewed inside the tan and subsequently in Frayya as well, the woman struggling just as much as her dragon to pinpoint each one. Sadness. Restlessness. Loneliness. Need. Desire. Do you think I will still be different when I go Beyond?

You are perfect as you are and will continue to be perfect when our days end. Settle now and sleep.

I think… A large head turned to peek into the weyr and Frayya let out an audible gasp. Under normal circumstances Sixwith’s hide always had some manner of translucency to it with her veins always fairly visible, now while bathed in Belior and Timor’s silver light they were far more obvious. Blue and green paths crisscrossing over every inch of her hide some wide while others were thin joining and splitting a thousand times. All of this in stark contrast to her very pale hide which shone like a beacon now. Frayya had missed the signs of her dragon’s hide gleaming under Rukbat’s rays; she had failed to notice the tan’s minimal appetite for the past three days. She had been functioning through a foggy haze that was now lifted and let her see clearer than ever. “Sixwith…” I want to be out there. Over the waves. Out towards the Beyond. A pause as she took to the air, Do not worry Frayya, I will not go Beyond without you. I will be back when I am done.

Fingers stretched to pull the furs back up against her skin while her mind raced. Papers and half finished weaving projects littered the desk and floor in her weyr while fabric hung over the back of a chair. It was a mess but there was little time to clean it now - and little point in making herself more proper for whatever visitors her dragon would entice for her.

I know you cannot see me, but I will sing if you will follow. Sixwith hummed quietly as a soft but demanding request met the dragons of the Weyr. I’d rather not be alone.

...the time's come to play,
here in my garden of shadows...

This post has been edited by Ivy: Oct 8 2016, 05:49 PM

PM
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Oct 10 2016, 08:19 PM
Senior Weyrleader

3942 Posts
53 Marks

Uviqueth's attention was largely centered on His, as J'tar drummed idly on the table. His supper sat before him, but he hadn't touched it. He wasn't hungry, largely because his dragon wasn't. He was trying to get his motivation to do something other than sit there and stare at cold meatrolls, when his distraction suddenly focused. A surge of hunger, but of a different kind; he looked over towards his Blue, who had rose from his couch to tread out to his ledge.

J'tar spotted the reason, shortly thereafter.

For several spans of a moment, he stood watching, and yet not. He'd bathed recently, his hair was still wet. He was in his sleeping clothes. Loose pants, a simple, long-sleeved shirt with a tie-laced opening at the top.

Seriously?
I see no others, MineOwn. We must'nt let her call go unanswered, shall we? Come along. I feel like stretching my wings.

J'tar sighed, raking his fingers through the loose, wet strands of his black hair, flipping it over to the scarred side to hide the aforementioned mark. He climbed aboard Uviqueth's back, and his Blue carried him to Freyya's ledge.

Let down gently, Uvi made sure His wasn't out-of-sorts too terribly, before he dropped from the ledge and looked to pursue the Ghost in her sky. Humored by her uniqueness, he pretended to not see her.

My, my, I can't say I've ever chased a ghost before! Uvi, like His, looked past Sixwith and strained to find her. Where are you, my translucent companion? How must one corporeal, touch one who is not? How will your victor and yourself manage? Are you only able to be caught, when the moon is at its brightest? How incredibly romantic a tale this spins! Oh, Sixwith, to see you is to see a miracle in the flesh...I am Uviqueth, and I am honored to be part of such a wonderful night such as this one, my lady!

Wherever she was, he warbled to her cheerfully.

Within the confines of Freyya's ledge, J'tar maintained his own incapacity to look straight-on at another. At least, not for long periods of time. His fingers worked against the over-long edges of his sleeves, and he cleared his throat, but largely didn't look at her. He hovered for a moment, and then simply slid down into a cross-legged sit on the interior portion of the ledge. She didn't look younger than he was, and she didn't look dimglow. She knew why he was here, he knew why his Blue was after her Tan. He picked quietly at his sleeve.

"I'm...J'tar. Of Blue Uviqueth."

PM
^
Rowana
 Posted: Oct 15 2016, 09:58 AM
Jr. Weyrleader

809 Posts
347 Marks

'Wake up N'rik!' Onith called in a sing song voice. He grabbed the edge of the furs and dragged them off his young rider.

N'rik groaned and tried to pull them back. "Lay off, Onith," he grumbled. "'M sleeping." He rolled back over without opening his eyes.

Onith's eyes danced with amusement and excitement. Oh no, he wasn't letting the boy sleep through this! He'd waited too long for just the right time and place and it was going to be too much fun to pass up! He yanked the furs again and danced out to his ledge. 'You won't want to miss this!' he chortled. He watched the ghostly beauty outside, feeling his blood rise with lust. Oh yes, he didn't want to miss this at all!

N'rik sat up straight, turning pink as the new emotions rushed from his dragon. He was still half asleep and more than a little confused. "Onith what..." Then he realized. How many times had he learned about this and seen it in other dragons. Yet for more than six turns Onith hadn't even given a peep of interest. "You're chasing?!" he croaked in shock.

If Dragons could roll their eyes, Onith would be right then. He grabbed N'rik pants in his mouth and tossed them at him. 'Hurry up!' he growled impatiently as N'rik scrambled into the offered clothing. 'Mustn't keep the lady waiting!'

N'rik grabbed a shirt too and scrambled onto Onith's back. He could feel the tense excitement in his dragon's body that was so how he normally was. His own mind was filled with a confusing mix of thoughts and emotions that were both surprising and yet not entirely unpleasant. Onith dropped him off at Freyya's ledge and took off into the night. 'Have fun now!' he chuckled wickedly.

N'rik turned pink again, though it probably couldn't be seen in the dim light. He waved at Freyya with an awkward grin and a shrug. "Sorry to drop in?" he offered cheekily.

In the sky, Onith circled around towards Sixwith. His eyes were bright with mischief and merriment. What a perfectly beautiful and fascinating dragon she was! And her game was something he was more than willing to play. 'Where are you?' he called in a sing song voice. He twisted a little in the air to give the appearance of searching. He might not be as eloquent as Uviqueth, but he wouldn't let that stop him from trying his best. 'If you look half as lovely as you sing, dear Sixwith, you must be beautiful indeed!'

This post has been edited by Rowana: Oct 15 2016, 09:59 AM
PM
^
Tigersilk
 Posted: Oct 15 2016, 09:05 PM
Wingleader

1073 Posts
885 Marks

Szolath touched his rider's mind as he got up off his couch and stretched. I hope you weren't planning on getting too comfortable tonight, he purred to M'teng. A most beautiful lady has requested company for the night, and I wish to fulfil her reasonable request. The rising lusts in the man's mind and body would give enough of a clue as to what kind of company was being sought that night.

Can you wait a few moments before taking me over there? I rather doubt the female's rider will want to see me in my birthday suit just yet, came the sardonic reply from a man who was fresh from the baths. He threw some clothes on, clean and well-tended, though far from his best outfit. Odds were good he wouldn't be wearing them very long tonight anyway.

Once M'teng was dropped off at Frayya's weyr, Szolath joined the other chasers, ready and willing to show off his acrobatic skills if necessary. My my, such a beautiful sight I would see, if the singer of this song would but appear to me. Perhaps there is a lovely pale ghost before me, cursed never to be seen save one night of the turn. Pray, are you perhaps a resident from Brigadoon, whose Hold and Weyr were cursed never to appear in the mortal world, save one day a century? Your singing could be from there, I believe, he purred into Sixwith's mind. M'teng could only wonder why his dragon choose that particular ghost story to tell to this Tan; there were quite a few others that he would've considered better choices than that one.

At any rate, he gave Frayya a bow as he introduced himself to her. Taking his place along the wall with the others present, he took in the surrounding chaos of a craftsman at work, noting the quality of it as much as he could judge between the low light levels and his relative ignorance of all things Weaverhall. So long as the woman in front of him knew where everything was at, he didn't consider the place cluttered at all.

He returned his attention to the Flight at hand, and watched the others for some sign of what might yet happen tonight.

This post has been edited by Tigersilk: Nov 1 2016, 05:18 PM
PMEmail
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 02:29 PM
Pridesecond

1337 Posts
1709 Marks

Though M’rat’s interest in the riddle hunt that was going on off and on during this season was a good distraction for the rather monotonous life in the Weyr at times, Threadfall notwithstanding but that kind of excitement wasn’t something that anyone wished to really experience. Of course that didn’t mean that Higarath was going to not chase a female if the opportunity of a flight presented itself especially if it was a clutching female that was rising. Tan Sixwith was one of those aforementioned females, though he knew that wasn’t a guarantee that she would even clutch. M’rat was hardly interested in going to another rider’s weyr this late at night, focusing more on Hilminay than anything that his Blue was doing as Higarath launched himself off of his weyr’s ledge into the sky

Of course Sixwith was one of the odder personalities from around the Weyr, M’rat calling her over-dramatic making up a minor injury into something lethal, but Higarath honestly didn’t see what the big deal about it was. I come Tan Sixwith, your voice is lovely and the night, though cold, is nice as well, said the Blue in the tone of voice that he almost always had.

There was a surprisingly small amount of males that had joined in the flight when he caught up, three males if you excluded Higarath himself a Blue and two Blacks in all though that was hardly something unwanted by Higarath.

PM
^
Ivy
 Posted: Oct 22 2016, 10:37 PM
Alphahandler

1211 Posts
1030 Marks

Of course, all the others go Beyond. What could only be a gentle mental sigh was conveyed gently to her suitors. The feeling was soft, wispy, with a touch of longing to it - both lustful but also with the slightest hint of sadness. She painted a ghostly silhouette against the night sky as the dual moons seemed to light up only her form as she banked left slowly to cast a keen eye over the Weyrbowl from high above. Remnants of the herdbeasts she had blooded dripped from her maw to be swept away by the wind as she creeped in a circle to rise higher and higher into the sky. Your hides mimic where the sky meets the sea. Far out there. Tell me, would you follow where I lead? Anywhere?

A show was made as the tan twisted around mid air and let herself drop a few feet before spreading her wings out fully to catch herself. Rising in the air again she let out another low hum and rumble, It is difficult to make myself visible you know. Her path turned out towards the docks and the sea, leading them out over the relatively calm waters as she continued to hum, You’ll have to see to follow properly, though.

Glancing over her right shoulder she looked back at the males as if waiting for something - no doubt their appreciation that she was putting so much effort forth into making herself visible for their benefit. She didn’t want them getting lost out in the dark after all. A croon and another call back, Tell me more of this Brigadoon. I enjoy a good ghost story. Then I know I am not alone. Her speed picked up then, a flick of her tail given towards the nearest male as she dipped lower in the sky only to then put forth the effort to climb upwards once more. Muscles flexing beneath her translucent hide, bunching and stretching under the criss crossed veins running the length of her form.

“She… has a flair for the dramatic.” Frayya was handling the unexpected flood of emotions from her tan rather well, or so she thought. Face was flushed as she clutched the furs more tightly to her form as more of the men arrived. Gaze danced from one man to the next and she waved her free hand in the air, “Frayya. Excu-”, her breath caught in her throat as Sixwith banked right and brushed a wing gently against the blue there, though the woman wasn’t sure which it was, “se the mess. I was not expecting late night company.” Wherrybumps worked over her bare flesh as she tried to nudge the tan’s mind further from her own, only causing the opposite to occur. Flashes of the night sky filled her mind and she could feel the cool night air over her wings - her arms. Sighing she laid back on the bed to stare at the ceiling which had become the sky over the water as she headed towards the very edge where the two bodies met and were indiscernible from one another. “It’s hard, being so alone.” A whisper into the dark though it’s true source, Frayya or Sixwith, was unknown.

-----

Is there a point in the song? A new shadow in the night sky inquired as he easily joined the ranks of the other males. It had been a toss up of if he would actually participate - until now no females had piqued his interest but this one was different. The fact that winning her flight would result in a clutch had crossed his mind as well, even if it would not offer any rank. There would be other flights and clutches to prove himself. This would be a warm up to those.

It certainly seemed to get your attention, ya git.

That isn’t to say it is not a beautiful song. I merely wondered the significance behind it. Wherever did you learn to sing so splendidly? Freyotth was not without an air of charm about him as he weaved left and right lazily behind the tan and a few of her other suitors. Sizing up the nearest black he reached out to offer a snide whisper to Szolath and Onith, You can leave now, we all know you are more likely to fall from the sky and drown than you are to catch.

While Freyotth had been weighing the pros and cons of joining in the flight, Se’ng had been busy down in the dining hall getting a midnight snack. A fork he’d snagged from the kitchens sat in his pocket and jostled slightly with each step, though he couldn’t quite remember why he had taken it in the first place. The burgundy’s launch from their ledge was followed by a burning at the back of the man’s neck, the feeling slowly worked down his body while growing in intensity. Realizing what was going on he finished his snack quickly and hurried out to the Weyrbowl to watch Freyotth's form slip deeper into the night beyond the Weyr walls. Shard it, you couldn’t give me a lift to her weyr first? Chuckling from the dragon danced through their bond causing Se’ng to grin despite his own frustration as he broke into a light jog, making his way through the interior workings of the Weyr in search of the right weyr. Steps were taken two at a time as he blindly tried to 'feel' out where the woman he desired was.

You’re almost there.

How would you know? When’s the last time ya were walking around inside? Se’ng shot back mildly irritated until he realized that Freyotth had been right. Pushing open the weyr’s door he first poked his head in. “Ah’m Se’ng, a pleasure to meetcha miss.” The introduction was followed by the man entering and finding a wall to park himself against while his fingers found the collar of his shirt to tug it out lightly. Despite the cool air around him he felt like he was on fire. So dramatic. I will win soon and you can claim the woman. Or claim her now if you’d like as it will not change the outcome of my flight.

Yer an arse, mind your manners up there. We’ll talk more about yer skewed view of the fairer gender when it’s done.

This post has been edited by Ivy: Oct 27 2016, 02:45 PM

PM
^
Rowana
 Posted: Oct 31 2016, 06:26 PM
Jr. Weyrleader

809 Posts
347 Marks

Of all the females Onith new, he decided Sixwith was the strangest. She definately wasn't invisible like she claimed and her voice had an eery, ghostly quality to it. And Onith loved her for it! He'd been waiting for a female who would be this much fun to chase and she was worth the wait. Onith twisted merrily in the air as he followed her song, showing off his agility if she cared to see. I would follow you to Beyond and back! he declared boldly.

He dropped as she did, letting his wings touch the ocean waters breifly for effect. It is a shame your beauty can only be seen on a night such as this! he crooned in a playful tone. Even the moons are probably jealous of you!

He continued to follow in her way, trying to think of a good ghost story as he did so. Unfortunately, Freyotth's comment distracted him. Onith was not usually prone to anger, but today he was feeling a lot of things he didn't usually feel. He growled deep in his throat. At least I'm not not a late wherry brain like you! he retorted hotly. That the burgundy was bigger than him wasn't scaring him off today. Were you afraid of the dark? Need someone to hold your claw? he called, in a wicked sing-song voice of his own. He twisted around to duck under Freyotth playfully before rejoining the rest of the Chase. He probably shouldn't have wasted the time and energy, but he was in many ways still a young rash dragon despite his older turns.

N'rik giggled, covering his mouth and turning a little pink. Was all this supposed to make him so giddy? And Frayya looked so pretty and inviting sitting there. Was that normal? He was pretty sure they'd never really met properly before! He tried to take a breath to call him emotions, but it was impossible. Onith was just growing more and more invested in the moonlight chase and it was making N'rik grin like a loon just thinking about it. "You should see my room," he offered playfully. "Sometimes I can't even find my pants!" He glanced down to check that he really had put those on. Pants, check. Good. At least he could hold onto some dignity for a little while. He cocked his head as Frayya spoke again. "Not quite alone," he offered in a slightly confused but hopefully reassuring voice. He glanced at the other males who had arrived. "Plenty of company here."
PM
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Nov 6 2016, 10:15 PM
Senior Weyrleader

3942 Posts
53 Marks

Uviqueth was rather confused at the antics of some of the other suitors. Bickering, fighting...he'd seen much of it at his home Weyr, so he should have been used to it by this point, but was it not the point of the flight to focus on the female? Confusion permeated his mind, and he sighed, but nevertheless continued onwards.

"What are we, but alone?" J'tar reflected, though still with his attention largely on nothing at all. His eyes closed, and he swayed slightly to some unknown beat in his head. "Bonded to our mindmates, so not so much alone, but when they fly alone, we're left here, waiting..."

The pale-marked Blue would have taken part in much more as far as the social aspect went, but Uviqueth knew no amazing stories, had no incredible feats of skill. He was only a gentleman, that was all he really had to go on. Perhaps it would be enough, perhaps it wouldn't, but Uviqueth had long since learned not to take offense to not being chosen. The ladies liked who they liked, it was their choice, ultimately, and he would respect the one to catch the Ghost regardless of who it was.

He was horrendously excited about potential eggs, however. The Blue loved hatchlings, as most Blues seemed to these days, and the prospect of tiny little dragonets - if they came about - running around with new bondeds was enough to nearly make him croon in excitement.

Tiny little ghosts, to match their very ghostly mother.

Oh Sixwith, he worried. I am having such trouble seeing you, even then, oh you must be making such a wondrous effort for us, I'm so grateful! How are we to ever catch one so difficult to see! I will do my best, as I'm sure the others will, for how can they waste time fighting and arguing, when it takes so much effort just to see you....

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Nov 9 2016, 04:34 PM
Pridesecond

1337 Posts
1709 Marks

The Blue wasn’t about to question the Tan’s stance on whether or not she was indeed alive or not, though his would certainly argue the former vehemently, the Blue not minding to take what the Tan said completely seriously for now. I would follow, though whether or not you would have me is a different story and is entirely yours to make. Thank you for managing to make yourself appear for our sake, said the Blue in his usual tone of mental voice. The Blue, with little to know word otherwise from Sixwith, followed her at a respectful distance not wanting the Tan to get the impression that he was trying anything suspicious while keeping up with the other males that were chasing Sixwith.

There didn’t seem much of a turn out, though considering how as M’rat put it ‘quirky’ Sixwith was it was hardly surprising in the Blue’s rider’s eyes, with only a Burgundy joining in after Higararth had. Of course that meant that the Blue had beter odds at winning the flight though that also meant that Tan Sixwith didn’t have as many options when the time came when the flight would end. Of course she was larger, and therefore had more endurance than the Blue so he might have some troubles staying in the flight near the end though most of his fellow chasers were Fighters so that was another factor in terms of length.

PM
^
Tigersilk
 Posted: Nov 11 2016, 10:40 PM
Wingleader

1073 Posts
885 Marks

Szolath laughed in delight at this most unusual dragon. He had no idea, of course, why this Tan thought she was a ghost, but from what he had gleaned from interacting with those of this color, they all had some odd ideas of what exactly they were. Besides dragons, that was. Not that he was complaining, mind. He found such ideas to be interesting enough to engage his interest for a time, at least.

You are as lovely as I thought you would be, the Black crooned to Sixwith when he judged she thought she was now visible to them all. As beautiful as moonlight on water, or unspoiled snow. Or even the glassworks Mine produces that use light to illuminate their beautiful bodies for all to see and wonder over, using memories of certain finished items that M'teng created to have glows shine inside of them to show to the glowing Tan, and coating them with the air of mystery they held when seen in the dark.

Ah, Brigadoon, Brigadoon, he sighed at Sixwith. Tis a sad story, that one. A beautiful Hold, if the tellers of tales are to be believed. Until their Lord Holder saw several social changes happening in the Weyrs and Holds surrounding his home, and became frightened of them. In his fear he prayed to Faranath to protect his Holding and safeguard them from this dangerous 'change' forever.

She granted the Lord's request to teach him the folly of hiding from change. She made it so the Hold's inhabitants could only exist in an unchanging dreamworld, unable to see or be seen by the mortal world. Life frozen inside their little bubble like vtols in amber, while the world outside grew and changed and pulsated with energy. Save for one day a century, when Brigadoon would be allowed to appear in the mortal world and taste the life they were denied the rest of the time. A sad existence, to live forever free, always the unchangeable same, Szolath finished that portion with a sigh for such shortsidedness. A criticism of certain troublemakers Dalibor currently faced? Perhaps; who knew with this Black?

Though I have heard it said, he purred hopefully into Sixwith's mind, that the love of a mortal can free one of those ghosts from their fate, and return them to the living world to once more live their lives to the fullest before making the final trip beyond. Or so the story goes. He cocked his head at her, as much as he could given his place in the back of the pack of suitors. Perhaps that could work for you, the willing love of a living person to allow you access to the mortal world more often than you currently enjoy. A purr of sympathy for Frayya's comment on lonliness, as related through the mind of His. It might make it easier for you to interact with more mortals besides your bonded when you need to.

Freyotth's comment to him only made Szolath laugh. Really now, young one, he chuckled at the younger Burgundy. I have mated with a Tan before, and left her quite satisfied. I know what I'm doing. But does a barely-grown male like yourself know what to do to make a female happy? Go learn some manners before you Chase again, hmmm? the Black mockingly purred back at Freyotth. He was confident that his maneuverability in the air would be more than enough to keep him out of the other dragon's reach, if the Burgundy chose to attack him now.

M'teng, meanwhile, hoped his partner knew what he was doing up there, antagonizing a much larger - and angrier - dragon. He really didn't want to spend the rest of tonight in the Infirmary watching the Healers sew up his partner's wounds. There was too much work in the Forges to spend time there.

"It is quite possible to be surrounded by a large crowd of people and still be quite alone, lad," M'teng informed N'rik quietly. "Something that you may find out for yourself one day, if your fortunes ever take a turn for the worse." The boy didn't quite look twenty in his estimation, and didn't have the air of one that'd faced real hardship in his life as of yet. Perhaps, if fate smiled on the boy he never would.

M'teng returned his attention to Frayya. "Mess is a needed part of creativity form some people, I've found," he told the woman. "So long as you know where the stuff you want is when you need to find it, I wouldn't worry so much about it." His own place could be considered somewhat messy by the standards of others, but he knew where things he needed were at, so he didn't care what others thought of it.

As much as Jasjitta loved her fair of firelizards, she had to admit having a fairly large group bonded to her had its downsides. Such as when a majority of them decided to choose the same day and night cycle to go off and either chase assorted females, or be chased by assorted males. While the effects of her fair's chasing on her system weren't anywhere near as strong as to what she'd experience with Amatersusath (who still hadn't risen, for some odd reason), it still put her in a state of mild inebriation.

The older teen (almost a woman) was antsy, and wanted some company to help her deal with it. The only person she trusted for that was a boy her own age, N'rik, who had made his interest in her clear. Jas rather liked him, though it took some time for her to admit that to herself, let alone him. Not exactly in words, as of yet; more in actions. Trust wasn't something to be given to just anyone, after all. Maybe he'd be willing to just hold her, once she explained what was going on?

She was walking across the Weyrbowl towards N'rik's weyr when Sixwith started her Flight. It took a moment for Jasjitta to recognize one of the chasers as Onith. And noted that he landed on Frayya's weyrledge first before beginning the chase proper. That...bugged her, in a way she couldn't put a finger on right then. Or maybe bugged wasn't the right word for her feelings; at any rate she didn't have the time to spare to examine them right then.

Hurrying over to the Tanrider's weyr, the teen made her way to the entrance and looked inside. Quickly spotting her target, she quietly slipped inside and snuck up to his side. Grabbing his arm, Jasjitta pulled him out of the weyr and into the hallway a bit away from the door. She pressed up against him, pinning him against the wall with her body while her hands went to either side of his head. "What do you want an older woman for?" before kissing him on the mouth. "There's an empty weyr close by where we can be alone," and started to tug him in that direction. Whether or not he went with her remained to be seen.

@Rowana

PMEmail
^
Ivy
 Posted: Nov 13 2016, 02:40 PM
Alphahandler

1211 Posts
1030 Marks

Sixwith’s path stayed true despite Freyyoth’s antics. It must be so tiresome to be living, to feel compelled to show off. Szolath’s story filled her mind and she began to sway slightly back and forth, weaving through the air as she listened. It is difficult, at times. She noted as he mentioned the Hold being cut off from the rest of Pern, stuck as they were without being able to change. They were a polite group of males to not bring up the fact she was dead, to not be put off by joining her in flight. Why were they joining her? She remembered before when she flew - but she couldn’t recall why. Why the ocean called to her the way it did. The darkness. An empty sky broken only by their wings as they floated over the waters towards the nothingness.

Nothingness she related to. Did they? Could they? She dove at the water suddenly, she pulled out of the dive at the last possible second to allow her feet to skim the water. A brilliant silver spray filled the air briefly, catching the moonlight before disappearing into the dark water once more. She began to rise once more, gaining the altitude she knew she needed even if she could not recall why. A glance back towards the males reminded her that they were living - she would never tire but they would. It had been a long flight already even if it seemed as though they had all just begun. Their bodies would eventually force them to turn back if she kept it up; would she be able to keep herself solid enough to rescue them if they fell?

Falling. It struck a chord with her and the burning desire she tried to ignore resurged with a vengeance. Pick one and fall. Frayya gently reminded the tan of her purpose and of why she was in the sky to begin with. There was a reason she was drawn to the air in the middle of the night, not to join the darkness and be lost but to be found. Found by… one of them. Which one though?

Mild irritation flitted over the woman’s face as a girl entered her weyr - there were no new wings in the sky so she was not here for her. Quickly the girl’s intentions became clear and as she watched the young couple leave she was filled with both amusement and a tinge of jealousy. In the end it was likely for the best as Sixwith twisted in the air towards Uviqueth, reaching out gently to the other males, It is cold and not yet time for you all to go Beyond, go back the way we came.

It was the blue whose wings joined her first in the air that caught her eye. He would meet the needs she did not quite understand; now was not the time to question but rather act. Fingers loosened on the blanket without allowing it to fall away completely just yet as brown eyes played over the blue’s counterpart on the floor. Standing she made her way to him kneeling as Sixwith’s tail wrapped with Uviqueth’s in the sky. “We won’t be alone tonight.” The others in the room were forgotten, a silent dismissal all they had earned by failing to woo her tan in the sky. Furs were held open as she surged forward to press her lips to the blue rider’s neck, wrapping him in the furs along with her unless he pulled away.

-----

Such a place does not exist. What a mournful tale to tell such a beautiful creature. Freyotth huffed at the black as he spun a story for the tan as if words would help win her favor. The next words offered by the older dragon were directed towards him and Freyyoth let out a hiss, How dare you! Se’ng’s eyes narrowed as he looked in M'teng’s direction but the hostility lasted but a moment as he shook his head and regained his focus.

FREYOTTH! Knock it out or ah’ll ground your arse now! He wasn’t entirely certain he would be capable of following through with the threat but for the moment his own annoyance and dismay at the burgundy was trumping the lust and anger bleeding over from his dragon.

Did you hear what he said to me? As if I couldn’t please her. Freyotth was clearly affronted, though he kept his distance from the black in the sky. Ah think the best way to prove him wrong is to get her to choose you, not start a fight. A snort was his only reply before the burgundy decided to listen to his rider, for once. He would lose your mind in fancy when there are more pressing matters, my lady. They match the sky and water but you and I paint a different picture! Oh look how you glow like the moons, and my hide looks like Rukbat before it sets. We are well matched my dear beauty.

A chuckle followed the younger blackrider out of the room as he was snatched up by another woman. “Don’t you worry none, ah’m all yours. No one will be stealing me away from your beauty.” Reassurance was offered to the tanrider as he watched her brows furrow in displeasure - not that he could blame her. Focused on Frayya as he was he noticed her eyes shift to the rider sitting on the ground a mere moment before he felt Freyotth’s rage hit him.

Steeling himself against the burgundy’s emotions he gave a curt nod before seeing himself out of her weyr - the urge to deck one of the other riders was rising and he knew he needed to get his dragon under control. How dare she! Freyotth seethed as he watched the tan turn to the blue, tail twisting with his. Another hiss broke the air as he lingered there watching in disbelief that the tan would choose a blue over him. Muscles bunched as he moved to dive at the pair but he suddenly stopped and turned back towards the Weyr; only because his rider’s influence and will were strong and steady. Ah’ll be teaching you some proper manners when you get back. In the morning we’ll wake up nice and early and do some extra flying to burn off that energy. Words were ignored as Freyotth continued his lengthy flight back towards his own weyr ledge.

Spoiler (Show/Hide)

user posted image

PM
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Nov 16 2016, 12:53 AM
Senior Weyrleader

3942 Posts
53 Marks

J'tar simply swayed to and fro, listless as the surges of imagery and raw desire flooded his senses and his mind. Uviqueth was a passionate chaser, he always had been, and initially J'tar had been rather unsettled by the process. It, like many things, had changed with time.

When Sixwith dove, his Blue followed her; though kept enough distance that if she pivoted or suddenly changed direction, he had the capacity to follow without rudely colliding with another suitor. When she skimmed the water, he reveled in the spatter of droplets, though didn't mimic her in kind. Well, beyond the exception of one hindclaw, dredged silently through the waves with the forward curve parting. Her wingbeats set him in pursuit, following her without the hesitation of a second's passing. It was nice to stretch his wings, it was nice to have something so incredibly rare to look towards.

J'tar continued to weave, swaying to some unknown song in his head, only partially watching Sixwith's bonded as she approached him. As he did with most, he looked past her. Uviqueth caught her Tan's claws, tail sliding around Sixwith's as he made every effort to support her through the Fall. J'tar's lips twitched in the smallest of smiles, before he let Frayya settle against him. Clothes were restricting, but he didn't protest his own. He was almost certain they'd be away from him soon enough, if the Tanrider had her way.

So lucky, he was, that it was Sixwith, and not Unath. Uviqueth recalled the briefest of those thoughts, and drowned them in the connection with the Tan he was sailing downwards with. J'tar's hands didn't leave his knees, not until Frayya was nearly completely pressed to him. He grabbed the edges of her blanket, and pulled back to envelop them both.

"Not alone," he repeated. "Never alone. Not tonight."

J'tar snaked an arm around her hips, drawing towards him as he shifted his legs and quite literally stood from a seated position with the Tanrider held against him. Her bed wasn't on the floor that he could tell, but he'd manage. Just long enough to satisfy her, and then gone like the very ghost her Tan embodied. Back to his bed, on the floor, where he felt safest.

Flightlust never had him thinking about himself. Only those he was countering.
A moment's hesitation, before he eased Frayya to the bed, and joined her.

PM
^
Mopsy93
 Posted: Nov 19 2016, 01:38 AM
Pridesecond

1337 Posts
1709 Marks

Unlike the Tan that the Blue was admittedly not all that unusual, both in personality and in colour, thought that was hardly all that surprising considering just the kind of dragon that the Tan he was chasing was. Of course it didn’t stop him from chasing the Tan at all; he almost always had a good enough time of it after all though that might just be his rather short memory span that was fairly common in Dragons. Regardless of what he tried, though, as with many other flights he had participated in Tan Sixwith had decided on a different male though at the very least it was a fellow Blue something that he took some solace in though he didn’t know the male.

Higarath didn’t bother to stay much longer, even if he wanted too he somehow doubted that regardless of the personality a female and male in the peak of a flight would most likely not tolerate another male sticking around. Higarath was tired but he had to cover enough distance to at least get back to solid ground before resting considering just how late in the night the flight had ended in though he might be able to get back to his own couch without stopping.

PM
^
Rowana
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 12:33 PM
Jr. Weyrleader

809 Posts
347 Marks

N'rik was too distracted by Frayya to realized Jasjitta had entered the room. He squeeked with surprise and offered little resistance as he was dragged out of the weyr. Seeing Jasjitta was confusing. Onith was chasing Sixwith so his desires was for Frayya, wasn't it? Yet with Jasjitta in front of him he was suddenly terribly embarrassed and shameful being seen in another girl's weyr. The line between boy and dragon emotions was very blurred and very confusing. It was probably why N'rik could barely string together words in response, much less complete sentences. "Jas...what...I..."

Then she kissed him. N'rik stopped talking and turned bright pink. He could feel Onith chuckle with pleasure in his mind. Sixwith had chosen someone else, but the dragon was more than pleased with the results of the night just the same. It was about time those two did something about their feelings.

Mind feeling more focused, N'rik gave a loving, grateful smile. Jasjitta suddenly looked more beautiful that he could remember her being before. "Then why are we standing here?" he asked with a cheeky grin. He let Jasjitta lead him to the empty weyr. Never argue with a girl who wanted to be in charge, he reasoned. When they got there, he tugged her into another kiss. "I must have been blind to see anyone but you," he crooned.

@Tigersilk
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates