April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Winter, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:

Upcoming Hatchings:

While not unnatural in its violence, the dual hatching of Copper Queens Laanasuth, and Zelsk, has brought many changes Pernwide to the Dragon Candidate program. Raising the Age of Candidacy, and laying more rigorous emotional requirements on those admitted into the program and permitted to stay after. Dalibor has settled into an easy peace with the hatching fading into memory and young dragonets and wherets visible as they come into their own.

Included in their ranks are two colours new to Pern. Indigo dragons, and Pink whers, as well as Dalibor's first instance of a dual-bonded Wherhandler. As always, the West seems eager to produce weirdness for the rest of Pern.

Curiously, a steady flow of messengers seem to be traveling between Grove and Dalibor Weyr during the early sevendays of the new season; which is already proving to be milder than some in Dalibor's recent history.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply

The New Guy, {Rayna//Drystan} WI 18th
Boo
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 05:21 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks
Member Inventory: View

With the changes in place, Rayna was dealing with a few comments from the creche. Those that had been forced back to the creche after having become candidates had responded the worst to the age changes. In some ways, Rayna agreed with them. She'd not been raised in a Weyr but the turns she had spent as a rider meant most of her views aligned with those of the Weyr's. As of this moment, she was making some corrections to their records and writing out a report on the fallout of the Weyrwomen's decisions. Then she would be going through the reports of the stores. With Constance having started as Headwoman, Rayna's life had become somewhat easier.

I am pleased we have Constance.
And yet still you work far too hard. Couineth sighed from the dragon couch and opened one eye, looking at her rider, Well, at least you will be available for even more baths and oilings.
Rayna pulled a face.
Yes, because I have nothing else I want to do with my time.

However, the arrival of the new Headwoman also meant they had the benefit of Constance organising the Lower Caverns staff in a much more effective manner. It meant that when she heard a knock on the door of her Weyr, she smiled. That would have been the klah she asked to be brought to her Weyr and possibly some other food requests.

"You may enter," Rayna called, turning to see who had been sent to her today.

@Drako

PM
^
Drako
 Posted: Jun 8 2018, 11:59 AM
Weyrfolk

N/A

6 Posts
120 Marks

This place was...big, was Drystan's first thought. Completely new, but he appreciated that. It was the whole reason he had transferred, to go someplace as far as possible from his home, and he certainly got what he wished for. The work was still the same, although he had never had to transfer food from one place to another. He was usually outside doing farm work, or any other more physically based jobs, but there wasn't much of that. That was how he found himself in front of the door to one of the higher ups, he assumed at least. He knocked on the door, staring at the ground silently as he waited for an answer. Receiving the ok to come in he quietly opened the door and walked in. The tall man hovered in the doorway as he looked glanced around, taking in the inside of the room. Ah, there was a woman, probably the higher up. And...oh, big dragon. The only evidence that he was taken by surprise was a long blink before he looked away. He walked further inside the room to deposit the large tray of food to the table closest to the woman, taking a polite step back from the table. He hesitated briefly, unsure if he needed to do anything else. He had never had to be a...server. He sighed silently through his nose as he dipped his head to the woman.

"Would that be all, miss?" He asked quietly, his voice a low rumbling tone, a bit hoarse considering he he rarely ever spoke. He felt that he had to speak to her, however, perhaps out of obligation, mostly because he wasn't sure if he was required to do more so he might as well ask.

@Boo
PMEmail
^
Boo
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 07:22 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks

As the young man walked into the room Rayna noticed something. The pause when he noticed Couineth and that she did not recognise him. Now, Rayna didn't presume to know everyone in the Weyr by name as much as she tried but she at least tried to take in their appearances. Tall, male drudges weren't as common as one might think and therefore she tilted her head to the side for a moment.

"Thank you, I would have gone down myself but I suspect this will take longer than I expected." Rayna said after a moment, allowing him to put the tray down, then, "you're new here?"

The gold dragon looked up from where she lay, just now paying attention to the appearance of the young man. Couineth blinked and observed the teen a moment longer before turning her gaze back to Rayna. She was probably wrong. She was, after all, not one of those dragons who spent a lot of time around human youths.
I know I do not pay so much attention to people but I have not seen him either. Couineth supplied, yawning.

"I don't think I've seen you before. I'm Rayna, the Senior Weyrwoman here."
Briefly, she wondered whether he had ever been around dragons before and her eyes flickered to Couineth and then back to the drudge. She was the largest dragon in the Weyr so certainly had an intimidating appearance to some who had not yet spent time around dragons. Then again, many holders were also able to take such things in their stride.

@Drako

PM
^
Drako
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 07:42 AM
Weyrfolk

N/A

6 Posts
120 Marks

Drystan hadn't been expecting the woman to notice that he was new around here. Was it that obvious? Did he clearly act like he was completely new to this new place? Or did she just know everyone? Now that he thought about it that was probably the most likely. He gave a soft hum at her thanks that had been before her comment of him being new, nodding politely in return. He glanced once more at the dragon nearby, expression still blank but a curious flicker in emerald eyes. He was pulled back to reality when the woman actually introduced herself to him. Well he...certainly hadn't been expecting that. And he was right, she definitely had a high rank. Still, it would be impolite of him not to return the sentiment.

"Drystan." He supplied quietly before realizing that was probably wasn't very polite. "Pleased to meet you."

He glanced once more at the dragon, merely observing. He wasn't sure when he would ever see a Dragon again. "Impressive," his hoarse voice spoke as he looked once more to the woman, Rayna he reminded himself. He provided no more commentary, for he wasn't a speaker, and only a mere drudge. He knew most drudges were considered unintelligent and that he was definitely an outlier in this group but it was all he could do. So now he just waited for a dismissal of some kind. Truly this was perhaps the longest conversation he's had with anyone for a long time, especially with a kind of superior. It was weird only with how infrequent moments like these were, but not unwelcome. Maybe he needed friends, though he doubted he'd make any. He was in an awkward position of being too intelligent for Drudges but in a place where he couldn't really interact with other people. Well he's been dealing with it for five years he doubted it would suddenly change now, though he hoped he'd be wrong this time.

@Boo
PMEmail
^
Boo
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 06:06 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3166 Posts
2440 Marks

Oh he thinks I am impressive.
Well you are.
You're also very rude, you didn't even introduce me.
"Ah, this is Couineth, she's just reminded me that I was rude not to introduce her before."
Rayna was a little surprised at the interest taken by her dragon, Couineth didn't always care about the humans of the Weyr as much as she did the dragons.

The Queen now straightened her neck proudly and puffed herself up a little. Couineth liked when she could see others regard her with awe. Just as it should be, the dragon thought arrogantly. All those who came into her presence should be both shocked into awe and respect. Noting the look from Rayna, Couineth settled down a little but still maintained an arrogant posture, head raised slightly, that seemed to show off her size.

"So, new guy Drystan, has Dalibor been interesting for you so far?" Rayna asked, getting to her feet now and pouring a cup of klah for herself.

She didn't want to pry too much but there were a lot of reasons people came to Dalibor. New colours, drama, expeditions and adventures. All these things had by now spread far and wide across Pern. Their history was sometimes intriguing to those used to a normal, mundane life. Even a drudge may be interested in the little bit of excitement Dalibor promised.

@Drako

PM
^
Drako
 Posted: Jun 11 2018, 06:30 AM
Weyrfolk

N/A

6 Posts
120 Marks

The redhead looked vaguely surprised that the woman knew what the dragon was saying, or thinking. He had never been around riders before so he had no idea how exactly they communicated. It seemed that there was a lot more into the relationship between dragon and rider than he had previously thought. He looked to the dragon, the corner of his lips tugging up just the slightest in amusement as the dragon puffed up with pride, admiration briefly flickering in green eyes. He gave the dragon a small polite bow then.

"Pleased to meet you." He spoke to her quietly, straightening up quickly as he noticed that Rayna had stood up. His eyebrows raised just slightly in surprise as she asked him if Dalibor had been interesting for him. Why was she so interested? It was a question asked purely out of curiosity instead of the usual annoyance. No one was ever interested, they just wanted a Drudge to do as they were told and keep out of the way. Already this was new and strange and it was throwing Drystan off his game. He took it in stride though, always adapting, as his expression became impassive once more.

"It is everything I came here for." He answered softly, eyes darting to the side, a reflex whenever he was thinking about his homeland, why he left behind what he knew for something completely new and different. It had been a near jarring change, but he had adapted as best he could.

"I...came from Grove." She seemed to want to keep talking and if that was what she wanted he would cautiously oblige. As long as the conversation remained impersonal he would be fine, hopefully. "I saw some of Dalibor's residents there, during that...expedition."

Now that held some unpleasant memories, memories of high fever and near hallucinations flashing in his mind briefly. That illness had certainly been harsh, it was miracle he was still alive after having succumbed to the illness briefly. At least he had been able to be of use afterwards, what with the sudden shortage of help.
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil