April 2018 Featured RPG
Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for nine years.

News
Winter, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights/Runs:
Red Ingoth

Upcoming Hatchings:

Winter is in full swing as the Northwest reaches the middle stages of the cold month, and Dalibor, taking full advantage of a crackdust filled break in Threadfall, is back at it again. Delving into the Southern ice and snow, they have paired with Grove Weyr to fully explore the lands they only slightly uncovered the previous turn during the Jungle Expedition. This, however, will not be a warm and relaxing waltz through the woods; although was it ever that to begin with?
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Os'nin of Blue Alwanath - Aerona

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ives

Betahandler
Oreanda of Bronze Osk & Blue Oresk - Ruin
Der of Grey Desk - Rii

Weyrlingmaster
K'ton of Blue Ironth- Jenn
S'vor of Green Absinth - Ruriko
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia
Pavir of Blue Pavisk - Captain
Swithin of Blue Swisk - Ives

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Admins
Ives
Rii
Ruin

Historians

Rhia
Tobes

Advertisers

Captain
Tigersilk
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Moon Masque Goldentines
Ruin
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 11:27 AM
Betahandler

Capslock Queen

3411 Posts
10 Marks
Member Inventory: View

Hello, Daliboreans!

Itching to send some Goldentines but short on time in which to do it? This is the place to post all those juicy romantic notes that you want to be IC canon, but haven't or might not have the chance to throw into an IC thread. Here are examples from last time.

Romance away!

*click for plot page*
user posted image
PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 05:03 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

415 Posts
300 Marks

To: Poshyooth
Couldn't ask for a better friend. Lyraleth sends her love, too.

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 05:40 PM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3174 Posts
2510 Marks

To: Zasime from Riyd

Happy turn day big sis. Last time you sent me a trick and a treat. I just sent you two tricks. Enjoy! Oh and I have some big news to share, I am very close to figuring it all out.

@Leo

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 10:14 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

415 Posts
300 Marks

@Aerona
To: Nari

Everyone should get a goldentine! I'm glad we made it out and found one another again.
Your brother, Nav

PM
^
RhiaBlack
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 11:22 PM
Senior Weyrleader

Wrangler of Muses

4058 Posts
5 Marks

To X'vir, from Z'dyn:
By the Hearth, after sunset. Look for the Iron Mask. I suppose it's time to stop caring what other people think.

@Captain

To G'dan, from Ev'ion:
Up for a dance or three? The giant purple lizard thinks your hair smells nice. I told him it was weird to sniff people when they were sleeping, but you know how he i--*the page is splotched*

@Rii

To Ivy, from C'lainn:
*It comes attached to an absolutely ridiculously expensive-looking dress, tailored to essentially be painted on, in shades of green and gold. There's a mask that accompanies it.*
Perhaps later on, the floor will be just as beautiful when this ends up on it.

@Ivy

To Arisa, from N'mor:
I suspect he would be just as proud of you, as I am.

@ Rii

To Sebol, from B'er:
The first of what I hope will be many. The road has been a long one, and I was never good at this kind of thing, but we'll get there, I think. Never forget that I love you. Tell Sesk to stop stealing my sweetrolls. I know it's her.

@Ruin

To Sora, from To'rua (and Armon):
*The Goldentine comes attached to a basket. Within is a glow, a black glass and metal sphere to encase it, and a small glass dragon, stained to match Zwi. When the glow is placed inside the sphere, it casts the weyr in the resemblance of stars.*
Armon helped me to craft this for you. I thought that perhaps, even when the weather is bad, we could still sleep under the stars together. The dragonglass is a present from Beavaeth.

@ Rii

To Der, from Czervon:
My heart, my love, my reason for living. May you always be my light in dark places. Tell Desk she makes an excellent leg-warmer.

@ Rii

To Baria, from Basasius:
My beautiful, daring, talented, hard-working wife. You continue to amaze me by the day. I am so very lucky to be honored enough to have you as my spouse. May our Hold always prosper with you in it, for you are the light that keeps me burning.

@ Captain

Another Goldentine, formerly addressed to a name starting only with K by the time it's seen, is left burning in the hearth in the Dining Hall. It crumbles away to ashes quickly.

PM
^
Aerona
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 11:25 PM
Jr. Weyrleader

N/A

143 Posts
830 Marks

@Captain

To:Navenax

Get back to work.

(I guess, thanks for the Goldentine)

@Jenn

To: K'ton

Go between and stay there.

PM
^
Rii
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 11:35 PM
Jr. Weyrwoman

Idea Factory

2482 Posts
3592 Marks

To Ev'ion, from G'dan:

When I'm with you, I feel like I'm not hollow anymore. 

My mask is grey metal with edges painted green.

To N'mor, from Arisa:

I care about you.  He's the only other I've ever said that about.

To To'rua, from Sora:

My Sun,

Thank you for every bit of love and light you bring into my life.  I want to dance with you until every last star falls from the sky.

@RhiaBlack

To Yrsavild, from H'ler:

You are a pleasure to work with, and to talk to.  Thanks.

@Ruin

PMAIM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 11:39 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

138 Posts
15 Marks

@Aerona

CODE

Sour faces stick that way.

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 11:48 PM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

415 Posts
300 Marks

@RhiaBlack

About time. You'll know me.
-X

@Rii
The goldentine comes with a seriously flawed red gemstone, a crack running through the length. The setting, however, mimics the fracture and juts out from above and below, as though the flaw is continuing outside of the ruby.
Hope you appreciate my flaws. I'm looking forward to learning yours, I hope?
-V

@Ivy
To: Rider

Come to the Masque with me? I've got to win Ridesk over somehow, right?
(Give her my regards, even if she doesn't want them!)

PM
^
Aerona
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 11:51 PM
Jr. Weyrleader

N/A

143 Posts
830 Marks

@Jenn

To: K'ton

I hope you fall on your face.

PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 11:54 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

138 Posts
15 Marks

@Aerona

CODE

Still wouldn't be as sour as yours!
(Ironth thinks you're nice, I don't know why)

@Captain
CODE

Inali,

Wanna talk runners? Maybe dance?

Miridan

PM
^
Captain
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 12:01 AM
Wherlingmaster

N/A

415 Posts
300 Marks

@Jenn

Are you sure you won't be too busy mucking?

I'd like a dance.
-Inali

@RhiaBlack

My husband,
The stars shine for you. I'm lucky to have you in my life. Here's to many turns more, with you keeping me level headed.

Baria

PM
^
Aerona
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 12:02 AM
Jr. Weyrleader

N/A

143 Posts
830 Marks

@Jenn
To:K'ton

My face's state shouldn't matter to you. Please go jump in a lake.

(Ironth has weird tastes)

with this letter comes a small bucket of water

PM
^
Boo
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 01:15 AM
Senior Weyrwoman

N/A

3174 Posts
2510 Marks

To: Ijo from Raela

Raelsk insisted that I let you know that I admire the way you perform your duty and follow the orders given to you. I should strive to follow the Weyr's orders in such a way. Thank you for making my path clear.

@RhiaBlack

PM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 09:40 PM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1103 Posts
35 Marks

From Zaephor to Rylin
The goldentine is delivered by a cyan flit in the middle of the night, with a small piece of glass laid at its side.

I'm sorry...
-Z

From A'dran to Embry

Smudges of ink and evidence of scratched out works...Apparently you can write these things to friends. Don't know what to say really...Except, thanks. Despite what you probably think, you're one of the few dimglows in this weyr I consider a friend. So don't say I never told you.
-A

@Zane

From Nia to Ruane

Ruane,
Congratulations on not ending up in my office for a whole sevenday! Though I suspect you will get in trouble on purpose just to make me regret saying that. But nonetheless, I hope you keep up the good work.

-Nia, Weyrlingmaster

From B'tor from Arcadia

I can't say how much of an impact you've had in my life. You were my Searcher and my first friend at Dalibor, and I hope that one day, when I join the wings, we can fly together. You're like that big brother I never had and I hope you never change.

@Sakoru

From Zaephor to Z'ant

Supposed best buddy,

I'm still miffed that you Impressed before me. Where is the fun in that? When you've graduated, we should swipe a pie from the kitchens. Make up for lost time.

-Zaephor

From Arcaina to Z'ant

Toppth wants a proper tea party with you and her favorite not-sister. Don't disappoint her, okay? See you in class!

-Arcadia

@Captain

From Zel to Ijo
It is placed in Ijo's office with a small pouch.

Thank you for your patience and dedication as our teacher. Hopefully with a new wherlingmaster you will get some more sleep. Zelsk doesn't mind Isk instructing the class, but we were starting to worry a little. Can't have our wherlingmaster anything but at his best.

-Zel and Zelsk
P.S. I used to make an herbal drink for my mother when she had trouble sleeping. Perhaps they will help you?

@RhiaBlack

PMEmail
^
Zane
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 12:30 AM
Wingleader

Hero of Time

719 Posts
60 Marks

To: Ruane / From: Morrigan

Don't hold it against me for writing one of these things. It's a terribly cheesy affair, which, naturally, is why I chose to do it. I heard you haven't been in trouble for at least a seven-day. I gotta say, I'm disappointed. My Queen is a spitfire, and I truly thought you were planning on rivaling Cyanide there for a while.

To get right down to it, I'm counting the days until you graduate. If I ever impress, I'll be counting many more. Don't wait for me. Don't wait for anyone. The world is yours Ruane, you've just got to take it.

To: B'tor / From: Rylin

I've been having a lot of trouble B'tor. Maybe this is why I chose to write this... Most days, I don't know what I'd do without you. I feel like you're right about everything, all of the time--you usually are.

Loriketh is a hard dragon to deal with, but I love her. I don't regret impressing. This is what I wanted, to be a part of your world and to share in it with you. You'll always be the most important person to me. I could never stay mad at you. Love you big brother.

To: Ruane / From: No one (i.e. Dante)

You suck. Your dragon sucks. Girls are gross. Which is what you are. I'm not sorry. You'll get yours. I'm not mean to people. I'm not. Don't try to figure out who sent this. You won't figure it out. You're too dumb.

To: Ruane / From: Everane

I'm sorry Ruane. I didn't know. I should have... Now I've just made a mess of things.

@Sakoru

--

Me too. Thanks I guess.

It's good to know where we stand. I don't want to get in your way.

I'm glad that I found you both. I knew it was time. Maybe we can be a family again...

I won't bother you anymore. I forgive you. I can't possibly hold on to what happened--or rather hold it against you. I know that you were simply communicating your feelings, and I want you to know that I heard what you said and I understand. You are doing what's necessary, and a person cannot rightly be faulted for that. I wish you all the best, and am sure that someday you will have all that you desire. Don't lose yourself along the way Zeph; otherwise, even once you have what you want, you won't feel whole.

@Catsitta

--

To: Ly'on / From: Asha

I wanted to thank you Ly'on, for being such a good friend. It's been some time since I've felt as if there might be someone looking out for me; but I can tell that you are, and I appreciate it. You're a good person, and I know you'll go on to do great things. You have greatness in you.

@Rowana

--

To: Rayna / From: Asha

I'm starting to forget what it was like, before they were gone. I don't want to forget, but it's inevitable. The older I get, the fuzzier it is. When I'm with you and Couineth, I remember. I don't feel so dark. I may never know what it's like to have a Mother, but I imagine that it's close to what I feel when we spend time together. Thank you.

To: Rayna / From: Everane

Hey! I'm sorry if this is like... inappropriate. It's not though, I swear. I just wanted to say that you and Couineth are super awesome. I really appreciate the fact that you both put up with me. I know I can be a lot at times, but I swear I'm trying my best to fit in here. I really want a dragon of my own, not only so I can be with my sister, but too so I can show my loyalty-you know? Dalibor is my new home, and you're the freakin' Weyrwoman! That's so important, and I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all that you do. You guys do such a good job and I really hope to be like the both of you someday. Not that I want to be the Weyrwoman--you guys do a great job already! You guys are the best, really, just don't forget it. Rock on.

To: Couineth / From: Everane

If you ever need anything, just let me know--seriously. You're the best dragon in the Weyr, so totally own it. If I could be a dragon, I'd want to be you--but you're one of a kind. I'm totally loyal to you and Rayna, really. I just want to serve you guys well.

@Boo
PM
^
Sakoru
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 12:45 AM
Wingrider

N/A

455 Posts
70 Marks

To: Rylin / From: Your Secret Admirer
(A generically written goldentine. What sort of awful would-be wooer wrote this?)

Rylin,

Your hair is like flame; your eyes like bottomless emeralds.  You are so beautiful, and your singing knows no rival.  I am filled with admiration for you – I wish that you could be mine.

I will be waiting by the waterfall at midnight in hopes of taking you to the Moon Masque.

I hope you’ll be there too.

To: Rylin / From: B’tor

I’m not going anywhere, Rylin.  I’m your brother!  We gotta stick together.  I’ll come and see you – sooner than you think.  I miss getting to see you all the time, but I know it’s just because you’re a weyrling right now.  Maybe we’ll be in the same wing when you graduate, if we’re lucky!

I’m glad you don’t regret Loriketh, kiddo.  I hope that having her makes you happy, and I’m glad that she’s there to protect you when I’m not around.  I love you too, Rylin!  You’re my number one sister.  Even if you get mad at me, I will always be here for you.

Tavistrath sends her love.  I hope Rufus and Rylie didn’t rip this in half.  They both wanted to deliver it.

To: Dante / From: Some Girl Smarter Than You

You know what’s dumb?

Sending goldentines to people that know who you are.

I’m gonna nail your ass to the barn door, kid. <3

(There’s a crude drawing underneath of Dante hanging from a door by his underpants.  There seems to be a firelizard pooping on his head as well.  Now that’s just unprofessional.)

To: Everane / From: Ruane

Didn’t know you can talk to dragons?

That’s a lame secret but I forgive you.  Catch me for lunch tomorrow, loser.

(She’s drawn a picture of Everane eating a sandwich twice the size of her own head.  Is that supposed to be an insult?)

To: Morrigan / From: Ruane

I guess we two will be cheesy and pathetic together.  How sad.

Disappointed?  In me?  Hmm.  I gotta step up my game.

I’ll try harder to get caught so you can catch word of my infamy, doll.  It seems I’m only as bad as my reputation. <3 Consider Cyanide’s wickedness challenged.

I take what I want, my Morrigan, and to me you are the world.  Does that make you mine too?

The days can’t pass fast enough.

To: Dawson / From: Lueke

(It’ll be a wonder if Dawson can even read this awful handwriting.  With all the scratched-out words and lines, maybe that’s a good thing?)

I don’t know how to write one of these.  It’s stupid anyway.  I’m sorry – I’m probably wasting your time.  But I guess I just kind of wanted to say the obvious and tell you that, well, you’re all I have.  You must know that – (there’s a line and a half scratched out as thickly as possible.  What did it say?)  Well, I don’t have anyone else.  But I think that’s okay.  I like being around you – you’re easy to be with.

I’m sorry.  This is ridiculous.  I’m definitely wasting your time.

I guess all I really wanted to say is thank you.  For just being you, I guess.  You’re not like everyone else.  (A couple of words are crossed out.  Curious.)  But you saved my life – I want you to know that.

Things feel easier when I’m with you.

To: Embry / From: Rome
(It’s tied to Amarythea’s collar with a bit of ribbon. The icehowler might not let Embry have it without getting a treat first. Rome is ruining that dog.)

These goldentine things are weirdly popular, aren’t they?  Kind of funny.  I suppose I’ll join the trend, then, since it seems to be the thing to do.

Writing stuff down makes it feel very official, I find.  I don’t know if you’ll find this important, or even interesting, but I hope so, because I do.

I like spending time with you, Embry.  Even if we never Impress dragons – and I really hope that we do – then I’m at least glad that being a candidate means I got to meet you.  Sometimes things are tough, but it’s more bearable when we’re together, and it makes me happy that at least I have you.

All these notes going around have got me thinking.  And you’re more than welcome to pretend this never happened if you like – please know that.  But I need to say this, however briefly: you bring light into my corner of the world, Embry.  You mean a great deal to me.

I know I said you can forget about this – and you can – but I also hope that you’ll accept an invitation to come to the Moon Masque with me.  It would be a lot of fun.

P.S. I hope Thea didn’t lose this on the way.  Then again, if she did, you would never read it.

@Zane

To: Arcaina / From: B’tor

(Getting this note must have been a pain, since Rufus smushed it into the bubbly pie that B’tor tried to send with it.  Oops.)

Hey Arcaina!  Here’s to hoping so!  You know, kid, you’ve come a long way since I first met you.  I’m so proud of everything you’ve accomplished since we met!

Guess Tavistrath has a good Search-radar after all, eh?  Ha, ha!  You know where to find me if you need me!

To: Nia / From: Ruane

Maybe you just didn’t catch me, darlin’.  (There’s a small drawing that looks suspiciously like a smirking dragon.  How rude.)

Anyway…

Challenge accepted.

@Catsitta

"Branches may stop the ordinary man, but B'tor "slapper of jungle cats" is no ordinary man."
- Zane
plotter
PM
^
Zane
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 01:01 AM
Wingleader

Hero of Time

719 Posts
60 Marks

To: Rome / From: Embry

Fine, but you're picking something out. Then if I look stupid it's your fault. Meet me here. By here I mean the barracks or whatever.

Fun is subjective.

@Sakoru
PM
^
Sakoru
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 01:05 AM
Wingrider

N/A

455 Posts
70 Marks

To: Embry / From: Rome

Oh, please.  If you insult my fashion sense you're going in something pink and sparkly. (:

I'll see you tonight!

P.S. Thank you.  Really.

"Branches may stop the ordinary man, but B'tor "slapper of jungle cats" is no ordinary man."
- Zane
plotter
PM
^
Leo
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 10:27 PM
Candidatemaster

The Dreamer

457 Posts
4059 Marks

To all the Wher and Dual Candidates from Zanii: (A heart-shaped sweet goes with it. How cheesy.)

Hello loves! Just wanted to send you my well-wishes for both today and every day. Remember, my door is always open.

Love, Zanii and Zansk

To Ulian and Ra'h from Zanii: @Ruin @Blot

To my fellow candidatemasters,

Know that you are greatly appreciated! That is all.

P.S. We should get together and chat over some klah soon. <3

To V'di and Ovoloth from Zasime and Tamath: @Rii

Hey, we just wanted to wish you guys well. The moons are my favorite part of this whole thing. - Zasime and Tamath

(There's an exceptionally large gap between the well-wishes and the names. Hm.)

To Riyd from Zasime: (Delivered by firelizard alongside a treat for Riysk.) @Boo

...I would say I hate you, but you already know that. So, thanks for the bath, I guess.

Oh, and consider me INTRIGUED. I'm waiting, little brother.

To Se'ng from Zasime: @Ivy

Hey, I hate to say it, but Heritage just isn't quite the same without you. Who else is going to match my sarcasm and keep me sane?

...okay, so I'm exaggerating a little, but still. Hope your new wing treats you well, or at least better than the jungle did.

Also, tell Freyotth that Tamath says hi. Yeah, that's it- you know Tam.

To Ulian from Zasime:

Hey, I haven't been able to congratulate you in person, but Dalibor is lucky to have you as one of its candidatemasters. - Zasime

To Xe'rik and N'oir from W'rone: (There are music notes scribbled on the back of Xe'rik's and ballad lines on the back of N'oir's. How typical.)

Things are changing, and we've changed with it. I would like to think for the better though. So, happy Moon Masque, or something?

By the way, Sanarth wants to wish the two of you the best of luck. She emphasized two for some reason? Whatever.

To Arcaina and Toppth from W'rone and Sanarth: @Catsitta

It's funny to think how fast your life changes with a dragon in your head. I'd say sorry you got stuck with one of Sanarth's, but she might eat me. Also, Sanarth says-

(It looks like W'rone meant to write more, but started testing out different song lyrics instead. Oops.)

To Seiyrsha from Erochall: @Ruriko

Guess who?

I know we're weyrlings, but if I see any cute boys, I'm sending them your way. I mean, what are friends for, right?

To N'rik from Ruoban: @Rowana

Good luck with your lady love. You know what I'm talking about. - Ruoban

To Vessa from Ruoban:

Writing you this when I see you all the time feels silly, but I just wanted to send you my best. Also, I hope a certain someone won't mind if I steal you away for just one dance? Thanks.

To Norla from Ruoban:

Don't work too hard, Alphahandler! It's important to take time off for yourself, or at least, that's what Ruosk tells me. - Ruoban

To Daxaeon from Kaizre:

Hey. Just wanted to wish you well. Take care of yourself, okay? - your brother

PM
^
Ives
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 12:49 AM
Alphahandler

Zookeeper

1431 Posts
665 Marks

She didn’t have to go far to deliver her Goldentine, just set it on her weyrmate’s pillow when he woke up and left for the day. When he returned he would find not a gold egg shaped leaf with a message inside, instead it was purple with stripes - just like Shirath.

I don’t say it enough but thank you. We have a wonderful family and you make me smile every single day. You make each day exciting and fresh. I love you.

@Boo

Camille had to rely on her firelizard to deliver the Goldentine for her - something that was difficult given how haughty he was. Though she’d been trying since he left the egg to win him over with shiny things and snacks he was quite difficult. All he seemed to enjoy doing was perching somewhere up high to watch her. Was he also judging her? He might be. Eventually she won by offering him a bit of fish - who knew he would enjoy that so much? So when the other candidate returned to his room he’d find the Goldentine, decked out with beads and different splashes of color. Inside not only was there a message but a small drawing of a dragon as well.

I’m so glad we’re here together, I couldn’t imagine going through all this with anyone else.

Ridesk dictated the Goldentine that Rider sent back to Qivi - he would have to apologize and explain later on no doubt. It wasn’t until after Skyfetch left to deliver it that he wondered why he actually wrote down everything the cyan had said.

Please make sure Rider takes notes and does not dance all night.
Why are there masks? What is the purpose?
What foods and drinks do people prefer most?
How many runs will result from this celebration?
He has a notebook to keep track. Thank you.

Poshyooth was so excited when Linavi read her the Goldentine Z’ant sent, she wanted to interrupt the weyrling while he was doing chores to thank him. Thankfully her rider was able to talk her down some and wrote out a Goldentine for the pink - who now really wants to learn to write. Unfortunately Linavi wrote everything the pink said… and realized afterwards what she wrote so at least one word was crossed out to try and save face.

Ahm, you are so wonderful! FriendZ’ant you are so nice and sweet and handsome nice! Oh I said nice twice! Oh that rhymed! Hello Lyraleth! You are pretty!

@Captain

Completely over the top - she had a lot of time on her hands thanks to no longer being able to fly in drills or Thread - Frayya had managed to make her Goldentine out of needlepoint. There weren’t many words since it was not a large piece of fabric and lettering was time consuming, but just enough.

Daddy’s little

An area at the bottom had been left blank on purpose - she couldn’t finish it until after the birth of their child. It was not meant only for L’aars but for their baby as well, a reminder of the family they had created together.
@Catsitta

Se’ng couldn’t help but grin ear to ear when he got the Goldentine from Zasime. Quickly putting something together he didn’t go for traditional ‘gold’ but instead covered it with black feathers. Women liked feathers, right?

It’s alright to admit you miss me. I miss you too. Save me a dance or three at the Masque.

A simple Goldentine was waiting for Ruoban the next time he popped into his wherhole after patrol, almost as if the person who sent it knew just when he wouldn’t be home. Imagine that.

You’re such a sweet friend Ruoban, I’m lucky to have you by my side day to day running Epsilon with me. I’d be honored to share a few dances, good luck figuring out which one I am!

@Leo

It was not a traditional Goldentine by any means, but nothing about the couple - if they could really be called that - was traditional. One evening during the Moon Masque a harper with Crescent’s colors braided into his knots appeared in the Weyr and after some asking around he was delivered to Betahandler Oreanda’s office. Waiting patiently for the woman to be free, as he’d been given strict direction not to interrupt her should she be busy, he finally had his moment to shine. After introducing himself he offered the Goldentine sent from Lord Callum. It was made of hide and was covered in sand that had been glued onto it with small shells scattered across its surface. A bit of fishing net was adhered to it as well and from the faint salty smell it was evident the net was not just for show but one retired from catching fish. Rather than words inside he had sent the harper to play his small guitar for her. There were no words, just heartfelt music intended to bring joy to the woman’s heart in the same manner she brought joy to his. Whatever he had to say to her would come when they were face to face during his visits over the next sevenday for the Masque.
@Ruin

PM
^
Ruriko
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 06:22 PM
Weyrlingmaster

N/A

624 Posts
260 Marks

Sorry in advance for how many there will be! I have a lot of characters, haha~ But yeah, here they are!

Kat - @Rii, @Ivy

T'tallon and Ioth,

Thank you for that day you took a moment to offer me comfort. It meant more than I can ever express. I'll save you a dance, if you're going to the masque. Fair warning that I'm not much of a dancer, though.

Kataya

Orissa,

I haven't forgotten you, and hope candidacy is going well. Thank you for trying to befriend me when I was at my worst. I fear Akashath isn't at all what I expected...she isn't easy. I hope to see you at the masque--maybe we can pilfer some food and catch up?

Kat

Lu'ka - @Ivy, @Boo

The goldentine is a bit crumpled, as though it was written and then sat in a pocket while someone had gone running with it, but it has been smoothed out. It is a reply to an invite from the addressee. There was something more at the end, but it has been crossed out several times, making it illegible to the reader.

Hey T'vis--and Reith!

Sure, I'd like to go with you, and thanks for the invite! I'll be wearing a white shirt and black pants. My mask is black with a silver 'tree branches' sort of look, and a silver trim. I'll see you there!

Your friend--I hope!--Lu'ka

Rayna and Couineth,

Thank you both so, so, so much for allowing me to Stand that day. Without you--mostly Couineth cause she laid the eggs and they're hers, but I know you both had to be cool with me Standing for them, so yeah--I wouldn't have Selath. He's my world, ever loud, obnoxious, loving, huge, wonderful, bit of him. He's getting so big, I think he'll probably end up as big as Baihuinth someday! Still don't know why he picked me of all people there that day, being a king and all, but I'm glad he did. Hope you two are doing fantastic, and see you at the masque maybe!

Lu'ka (and Selath too, I'm sure!)

Nymeria - @Ruin

Heya Aren,

You should come to the moon masque. I'll be there, and so will loads of food. Might be fun, who knows? If all the stuffy adults and moon-eyed, hormonal teens don't screw it up, that is. So come. It'd suck to be there without you--no point in even going. We should spike the punch.

Nym

Seiyrsha - @Leo

Weyrlinghood sucks! At least flying is fun. You should hang with me at the masque! Two girls are better than one for attracting cute boys.

I'll be wearing a black mask with a feather and flower at the side with a couple more black and gold feathers, a black square gemstone in the middle with a gold setting, and it is made of lace. There's also a golden chain with more gemstones attached and hanging to be removed or not as a necklace.

You know who. (a smiley face with a wink eye is drawn here)

Daxaeon - @Leo

Hey kid, I suck at these. Thanks for the thought. How's that orange of yours? Hope life's treating you well and you're staying out of trouble. Don't do anything I'd do, Dax

Luxinova - @Harbinger

The handwriting is absolutely beautiful, a flowing, unmarred script (calligraphy), not a wrinkle on the paper. There is a small bottle of perfume accompanying it, delivered safely in a silk bag lined with fleece.

Dearest sister,

We are blood, despite our differences. I wish you no ill will and hope that this goldentine finds you well. I do recommend if you are coming to the masque that you properly bathe and attire yourself. You will attract no young men smelling like the stables. Best regards,

Luxinova

Azaril - @Catsitta, @Rowana

The handwriting is pretty, and there is a pressed flower within the goldentines.

Hello big brother,

I miss Ren, and haven't seen you much at all. I have a lot of new pets--even an icehowler and a red and iron firelizard! Still, I miss her, and wish she'd not transferred. I hope you are doing well and I see you soon,

Azaril[/b]

OOC: The same one from the masque, if you wanted to reply to it here~

[i]There is a large cookie and a few chocolates included with this goldentine!

Hello Ly'on,

It has been a while, but I hope you and Gruyeth are well!

I was wondering if you would like to attend an evening of the moon masque with me. I fear I've not made many friends here and my Master is encouraging me to ask someone I have met around my own age to go. I hope it's not bothersome of me to ask you! If you have other arrangements I understand. My Master is standing over my shoulder, and says that you are free to say 'no' and it should not be a bother, but thank you for your consideration!

Azaril

Talivor - @Maruset

Another goldentine possessed of lovely penmanship, the script flows nicely on this letter.

Greetings, Ismat,

It was a great pleasure to make your acquaintance the other day. I and my fellow Harpers shall be entertaining at the Moon Masque this upcoming sevenday, as you may recall my mentioning. It would be wonderful to see you there. I think you may find you rather enjoy it. If you should be in need of a mask or outfit, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I am certain we can arrange that for you. Do take care,

JM Harper Talivor

Taylei - @summerrain, @Lynn

There is an incredibly lifelike drawing of a red firelizard that looks precisely like Adaya's Shay enclosed within the goldentine, along with a few chocolates!

Hey there Adaya!

It was great to meet you the other day! Hope you don't mind I took the liberty of drawing Shay. I'll be at the Moon Masque, and was wondering if you'd like to meet me there? I've invited Silvyre too. We can hang out, eat lots of good food, and maybe help each other find cute boys to dance with! In the very least it will be nice to have someone to go with, right? Hope to see you there,

Taylei

There are a few chocolates included with the goldentine!

Hello Silvyre,

Hope this goldentine finds you well! I was wondering if you'd like to hang out with me and Adaya--if she decides to come, too, I've also invited her!--at the Moon Masque! We can flirt with and help each other find cute boys to dance with, and eat lots of good food and just have a good time. It'd be nice to have people to go with, and I'd love to see you both there. Take care,

Taylei

Basiliare - @Rowana, @Leo

There is a large, adjustable leather collar dyed a lovely shade of blue and with an icehowler head pendant, engraved with 'Silmaug' at the back included with the goldentine. It was obviously either made or commissioned as it is a fine piece of work!

OOC: Same goldentine as in the masque, but with the gift and so you can feel free to reply, or not, as you'd like!

Eryonthi,

It's not the same without you here. I hope wherlinghood goes well for you. You and Silmaug are missed, and it will be nice when you become seniors and can finally associate more outside of your lessons. I will be at the masque on the very first day, and hope to spot you there. Yours truly,

Basiliare

There are a few chocolates included with this goldentine!

Candidatemaster Zanii,

Thank you for the goldentine. It means much to know you care for all your candidates in such a kind way. I hope you receive many goldentines and know you are valued and appreciated. Many thanks,

Basiliare

Malika - @summerrain, @Leo

OOC: Same one from the masque, but here you can feel free to reply if you wish!

This goldentine contains a leather thong with some kind of large tooth set into a gold casing. There are wooden beads, engraved and painted, as well as feathers with the tops wrapped carefully in wire attached. It is unique and clearly hand made.

Good day to you, (Caliska)

I wish to attend the approaching masque, but do not have anyone with which to go. I swallow my pride and admit there are vtols swarming my stomach to think of going alone. I have been gifted a dress and bought a mask. It would do shame to my grandparent's gift to not use them for their intended purpose. If you would do me the honor of attending as a friend, I would be most indebted to you. Many thanks and may rukbat shine bright upon you,

Malika

There is a beautiful knife wrapped in a scrap of soft fur, tied with a leather thong with a huge feather on top of it that would make a lovely quill. The knife is definitely one of a kind, and there are two red and one larger black gem in the handle of the silver hilt--perhaps not real, but who can tell? The 'knob' at the end of the hilt is a wher's head, the eyes two smaller red gems. The maker would have likely had to employ help to achieve the entire piece.

Candidatemaster,

I thank you for the goldentine. It has been an honor to have been entrusted into your care. I hope you find the gift an acceptable one. May rukbat rise brightly upon you,

Malika

Raeni - @summerrain

Someone has baked cookies and included them with this goldentine, as well as a few other sweets!

Hello Tallis!

I know you will know it is me because of the writing. I hope you and Tali like the cookies and treats. I just wanted to let you know you are the best big sister in all of Pern. Thank you for always looking out for me and thank you for Pounce! Can we go to the Moon Masque? I don't want to go by myself, but if you go with me I'll go. Love to the moon and back,

Raeni

??? - @Boo

This goldentine has been crumpled, has had many things scratched out, and the handwriting is precise and neat, but pehaps masculine in appearance. There is no name included.

Couineth,

You are wrong. I will Impress, even if none of yours will have me. You know nothing about me. (lots of scratched out words)

Savanna - @Ruin, @Rii, @Tigersilk

This goldentine comes with lots of chocolates and sweets!

Aren,

I'm glad we are speaking and hanging out again. I'm going with Lerian to the Moon Masque but I hope to see you there. It's cool we both have icehowlers now. I think I'd like more pillies someday, though. I don't know how you keep getting so many and I only got one last hatching, and a green! Still, she is really nice.

Savanna

There is a lot of scratched out words on this goldentine, as if the writer had a lot to say and thought better of it, or didn't know whether or not they should or wanted to.

Aren may trust you, but I don't know how I feel. You abandoned us and even now you spend all your time with that man. Sometimes I think you've forgotten mom or want to.
Us almost dying was the only reason you decided we exist again. That doesn't count for much. But I love Amaterasu, so thank you for the marks for her.

Savanna

Hello Uncle G'dan,

I hope you got a lot of goldentines. Are you going to the Moon Masque? I am. Maybe I will see you there. I hope you and Prith are good. Can I come visit you soon?

Savanna

This goldentine has some chcoolates and sweets with it!

Hello Lerian,

I'm sorry we haven't hung out much in a while. I've been going through some stuff, but I bet you know about it. I got an icehowler pup and I've named her Amaterasu. I'd like for you to meet her! We're going to be at the Moon Masque, do you want to go with me? Sorry for being a crappy friend lately,

Savanna

PMEmail
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 07:11 PM
Weyrlingmaster

Eeveelution Trainer

1103 Posts
35 Marks

@Zane
From Zaephor to Elle

It's good to have you around, kid. One of these days we should catch up since...-smudge-...we never really got to know each other.

Zeph stares at the plain card for a long time before allowing Quest to deliver it. It feels too familiar, too casual. But he was at a loss for words. He really wasn't sure how to be a good big brother. Was this how he started?

From Zel to Elle

I wish I could have stayed longer with you and our sisters. It is my deepest regret having to leave so soon. If you ever wish to speak with me, my door is open. Zelsk would like to meet you properly.

@Leo
From Arcaina to W'rone

Don't you dare apologize! Sanarth is a lovely lady and Toppth would love to have tea with her mother some day. Especially if a certain harper shares some of his music during the party.

Written on the back of the card are lyrics. Are those W'rone's? Yes, yes they are.

P.S: Thought you might want these back. Though the second verse is missing a syllable if that was what you were trying to puzzle out on my goldentine.

@Rowana
From Cesselia to Wyn

There is a puppy pawprint smudged on the inside with two names childishly scrawled underneath
-Cesselia and Guardian

From Xialas to Jaquin

I was cornered by overenthusiastic 'brats at some kind of crafting stations until I made one of these infernal things. Try not to cut yourself by accident on the paper, it's rather sharp.
-Xial

From L'aars to Ly'on

Ask your pretty girl to dance yet?

@Ruriko
From Zeniro to Azaril

All things happen for a reason. Including the people we love finding a new course in life. Make sure you send one of these to our parents, they'll be terribly put out if you don't.

@Blot
From A'dran to Kida

The bronze flit you foisted on me is an unholy terror placated only by his own gluttony.

From Zel to Syrene

Zelsk has been asking about Syrsk lately. Apparently she is already scheming on how to end up on patrols with him already. Take care of yourself. We're close to graduation.

-Zel

Crumpled up and left to be perused by only a curious firelizard in A'dran's weyr. The words are scratched out but legible

Wherever you are, I hope you are happy and safe. I'll find you some day, sis. It's just taking me a little longer than planned. I've almost graduated...ink pools here

PMEmail
^
Ruin
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 04:37 AM
Betahandler

Capslock Queen

3411 Posts
10 Marks

Ulian & Rivath

to All Candidates
Over the course of the sevenday Candidates will all find a Goldentine of some...manner...in their rooms. Scraps of gold paper harvested from ill-gotten tines or otherwise requested. Shells, rocks, feathers, dead tunnelsnakes, fish...occasionally one or more will catch sight of a departing pair of white tailtips. Is it love? Or warfare?

to V'di
A turn come and gone, and you have persevered. You are a dear friend, loved not only by your dragon.

@Rii

to Zasime
Dalibor is lucky to have you at all, and I am lucky to have you as a friend. Thank you for the confidence, sometimes even I need it.

to Zanii and Ra'h
Here's to making sure they make it to the Sands, and the ones that come back, keep going back for more.

@Leo x2

to A long-gone Friend
A special Goldentine is written and handed over to Oreanda, she will know what to do with it

---

Fisher

to B'er
You're the best brother anyone could ever have. I feel like I owe it all to you. I'm glad you're happy again. I'm sorry for always being a snot. That'll never change though, sorry not sorry. Much love!

@RhiaBlack

to H'ler
It's normal for B'er to look happy, but something is getting in to you, big brother. I hope this next turn is better than the last ones.

@Rii

to Rider
Why aren't you getting into more trouble. Why don't I ever see you. Anyway, I love you, duh. Give Ridesk a big fat kiss for me.

@Ivy

to Dolphin
I love you, sis! Never stop being you, and I'll never stop being me, water-sibs for life!

@Rowana

to Se'ng
I'm sorry I haven't wandered by in a few sevendays. It's always harder when you need to be thankful for family, and most of yours is gone.

@Ivy

to Be'st, Harper Weaver, Smith, Runner, Vintner, Handler, and Tanner
A lot of crumpled bits of paper blow around her weyr, discarded and forgotten. They are filled with angry words. Hateful words. Never meant to be seen or read, though ultimately some escape blown out to tumble free like pollen in the winds around the Weyr.

to W'o
I know you're probably happier wherever you are. I still don't think I'll ever forgive you for leaving. Doesn't mean I don't love you, I just don't like you much.

---

A'ndel

to Savanna
You're my favourite sister. You gotta focus on getting your dragon, not more pets. Gotta be a hatching someday. You shoulda gotten one when I did, the rest of those dragons are big dummies passing you up.

@Ruriko

to G'dan
Weyrlinghood is so boring. Can I Apprentice under you. You gotta save me from Nia. She asked me to punch her in her dumb face the other day. Who even does that. Oh yeah I love you, thanks for being there when dad wasn't. I'm starting to understand. Gan helps. Tell Prith she's still the best green-coloured dragon in the whole Weyr.

@Rii

to Dad
I know you're trying. She isn't ready yet. I'm only kinda there, and only cause of Gan. He showed me what was really important, in his own way. I must love you, right, otherwise I wouldn't be sending this, but I don't think I can say it yet, you know, when I'm not dying.

to Al'dr
Thanks for believing in me.

to Mom
I miss you every day. I don't think I can remember your face anymore and it makes me cry. I don't want to ask dad because I'm scared he can't remember either. I don't know what happens when you go between, but I guess now I'm going to find out someday. I think you'd be proud of me. I'm gonna make sure you're proud of me. I won't be like dad, and I won't be like you, and I think you'd want that.

--

Xe'rik & Byth

to All Dreamdiners
All Weyrlings find a perfectly shaped goldentine on their dragon couches. Inside in flawless Harper script are these words:

You are all going to do amazing things - love, Byth

to W'rone
How did you guys survive Weyrlinghood. I think it might actually kill me.

Tell Sanarth she's far too smart for her own good.

@Leo

to N'oir - delivered after the opening festivities
A little rulebreaking never hurt anyone.

-I will, of course, ignore any evidence of the contrary as per our longstanding acceptance of me as an ass.

@Rii

to Aiechu and Is'mael
Hope you boys are staying out of trouble!

--

Oreanda

to Callum
A goldentine appears on his desk one day. It is shakily drawn as if done through another's eyes. It is a map and a date, timed not long after the start of the festivities. There is an X down by the docks near the Crafter's village and a drawing of the horizon with the moons three fingers above. There are no words.

to Norla
The words are shaky, as if drawn through another's eyes.

Your a grate boss, Im still waityng for your job. So, if you ever need a brake, Im ready to help you out.

@Ivy x2

to Der
Was this super professional note written by someone else, or is Oreanda just that amazing?

I'm glad to have you as a partner. We're going to do great things for this Weyr and the program.

@Rii

to Endellion
Within a glass bottle she places her note and Ulians before stoppering and sealing the vessel. She gives it to Akke to release into the tide, hoping one day it will find their friend.

--

Sebolaren

to A'ndel
You'll never know how proud I am of you. I would say you are nothing like me, but that isn't true, don't make the mistakes I made, and that doesn't mean avoid love or happiness in your life. I'll always be here for you, no matter what.

to Savanna
I will never forget your mother, but she would be disappointed to know that I didn't move on fast enough to be responsible for our children. She wouldn't want her family wasting away without her. You don't need to know anything about me, but you need to know that, and if you ever need to know more about her, I can tell you everything. You have her hair, and her eyes. I miss you both every day.

@Ruriko

to G'dan
Thank you for being there when I couldn't, and for never giving up. I don't know why we've had to go through so much, but hopefully it's over. It's hard not to be bitter and wonder why we haven't paid enough dues, but that's just life. I would never take back knowing them to save myself this pain. I love you always.

@Rii

to Delilah
I wish you could see our children growing. I wish you could share in the agony of never knowing what will happen. I needed you to tell me he wouldn't kill his dragon like I did. I need you to tell our daughter that I'm not a terrible man, even if I acted like one. I need you every single day, but I can carry on without you because I know that you would want that more than anything.

I know you would be angry with me, but I know that you would have forgiven me, so I forgive myself. I dream about you sometimes and relive the reality when I wake up, but I'm not alone. I have someone to love me like you loved me, and who I can love like I loved you. You would like him, he has G'dan's sense, and I can't toss him around like I did with you. Overall I find myself getting into much less trouble.

I don't know what happens after we die. Traders have stories. Holders have stories. Things they tell children to frighten them into obedience. I don't know what to believe or if there is anything to believe. I only know that if it is possible to see you again after this life, then I will do so through sheer force of will and need.

Love you forever, my darling blurwing.

*click for plot page*
user posted image
PM
^
Tigersilk
 Posted: Feb 23 2018, 06:09 PM
Wingleader

N/A

1121 Posts
1860 Marks

To N'rik, from Jasjitta: A Goldentine that comes with pretty drawings of various flowers, mostly the ones usually used in dyeing cloth.
Hey, N'rik,

There's a beach I found last time I took Amaterusath out hunting, that looked like it'd have some interesting shells and plants that might make a nice dye or two from.  Want to go do some through exploring later this week, during the restday?  And let our dragons and herd of pets do some swimming and exploring on their own while we're busy?  And of course gather some of the plants and shells too before we return.

@Rowana

---------------------

To Savanna, from Lerian. A Goldentine that comes with some pieces of hard candy, and some dirt smudges; the Brown flitter who delivers it was doing some of his usual digging before bringing it to the younger girl.
Savanna,

I understand.  We should get together more often, especially now that we're both Candidates and living within a few doors of each other.  We can introduce Amaterasu to my little icemauler feline Catseye, and make sure your puppy learns young that felines are inedible.  And I can introduce you to my newest little flitter, Colossus, at the dance.  He's the best Iron in the Weyr, bar none.  Dad wasn't happy I got him, of course, but still, he's still the best one around.

@Ruriko

---------------------

A handful of goldentines from G'len to various people.

To Rayna:
Hey,

If you feel up to sneaking away from work again for a time, I'm game.  Either a Gather on another continent, or just exploring the hidey-holes in the Wery proper.  (Did you know there's at least a half-dozen spots on on top of the Weyr where one can watch the sunrise, or the sunset if one so desires?  Or just enjoy a nice view of the ocean midday?)  Or just teach you some more games some evening, even.

G'len

PS - Zeuth says to tell Couineth he found a new hunting ground, (or rather, an old one that we haven't visited for turns), that has delicious wild wherries to eat.  He'd like to show her sometime, if she so desires to see it.

@Boo

To Gayla:
Big Sis,

Sorry that I haven't seen as much of you lately as I probably should.  (The downsides of being a Wingleader; having to deal with assorted Wing problems almost 24/7.)  Now that the weather is warmer, we can do a bit of exploring the continent, seeing what it holds for us.  See if we can find anything new to show people sometime. And Zeuth promises to find a tasty beast of some sort for Gask to eat, if she gets hungry while we're out and about.

Your bro,

G'len

To Ly'on:
Nephew,

You've growing into quite a good man, not remaining the shy young boy who first came to the Weyr turns ago.  You and Gruyeth grow stronger every day, and I look forward to seeing you take your place in the Wings proper.  You'll be an asset in whatever Wing you're assigned, I know.

Uncle G'len

@Rowana

To Asha: The Goldentine itself is plain. The leather tube, a bit longer than a man's forearm and roughly two inches in diameter, is less so. There's a band of geometric square swirls on both ends of the tube, carved into the leather. A small leather strap is attached at both ends, for ease of carrying. It's clearly not new, but it's still in very good condition.

Inside the tube is a small amount of marks and a piece of parchment, roughly 11"x14" in size. When unrolled, it would reveal a family portrait done in colored inks of five people - an older black-haired man with a touch of grey starting around his temples and beard, a younger red-headed woman with fair skin and freckles, an older teen who was the spitting image of her mother, a young black-haired girl who bore the stamp of her father, and a red-headed little boy drawn faintly in with the rest, like a ghost. They are Asha and her immediate family, O'sho, Fajra, Tiroshel, and Osro, the brother Asha never met, who died in the great kitchen fire almost 20 turns ago. The drawings are of a workman quality; while far from masterpiece levels, they are quite serviceable as realistic portraits of people.

Asha,

I was touched by your willingness to keep my nephew Lyon company during the plague of last winter, when neither his mother nor myself could do so.  In thanks, I give you a portrait I drew of your family, so that you might remember their faces as you grow older.  I waited so long to give this to you because I wished to improve my drawing skills to a high enough level that I wouldn't be embarrassed to show them to anyone.

The marks are for a frame for this drawing, if you ever decide to hang it in your room someplace.  There should be enough there to have a woodcrafter create a decent one whenever you wish it.

Again, thank you for the kindness showed to my nephew.

Wingleader G'len

@Zane

To Ravana: a goldentine that comes with a new deck of beautifully painted cards in a leather case.
My friend,

A little something for the Moon Masque time, since the Weyr has decided to keep celebrating this Southern holiday.  I admit, it's fun to watch the various and sundry costumes people can put together when they don't have to keep things 'practical' and 'useful' as happens in daily life.

Sometime soon, we need to get together, either at your new home or back here, and break in this new deck of cards.  Plus, Zueth would like to visit Shanith again, and sun himself by her.  Like he doesn't already have more than enough females here to sun with him.

Oh, and E4 to D6.  http://files.jcink.net/uploads/daliborweyr/smiley/Yuck.png

There is a set of Goldentines that are written on plain paper, never intended to be read by any mortal eyes but his. They are messages for those who've died, whom he still misses, in a great many ways. There are five in total, which is five too many in his mind, but there is little he can do about the number.

One is for Peverelle, an...interesting...young woman who died back in the white wherry plague at the start of the Pass. Even though G'len knows that relationship was not the best for him, and has long since let her ghost go, still he cannot forget her. Fickle and faithful as she could be, she had left her mark on him.
They still talk about you, his message says to her in part, They still remember the stories told about you, even if they get the details of what was true wrong more often than not. He often feels that this legacy of hers as a Western folk legend would have pleased her no end.

A second is to Durian, his Weyrmate in all but name. The message to her is personal, and not one he wishes to share with anyone. Our baby is growing every day, and waits for her partner with growing anticipation. it says in part. Almost ten turns now she'd been gone, and still he misses his queen. Some days are better than others on that score, though.

F'ton and V'nar both get shorter ones than the two women get. I miss your company and friendship, says the one to the Ironrider in part. He doubts he needs to say how his Bronze still misses his Iron brother to his classmate and eventual best friend. It is said anyway. The one to V'nar starts simply: Idiot! He figures they knew each other well enough to know how exactly to take that snark. There's a bit more to this one, but not much. There's a still a bunch of emotions there that G'len isn't quite ready to sort out yet.

The last is for Gelfyn, whose main job as Tanner in his caravan involved taxidermy, basically the creation and upkeep of the various common critter bodies sewn together to create the legendary animals to show off to the Holders during their stops at their Gathers. Perhaps not the most lucrative craft out there, but the Holders loved it, even if they were never truly convinced that the 'legendary' animals truly existed.

Poppa,

I am sorry I couldn't be there and help you and the others out when needed.  The Healers refused to clear me for flying between at that time, given my own recent bout with this plague.  The best I could do was send word about putting the worst cases in a snow bank for a while, in the hopes of cooling their bodies enough to start recovering.  They told me later at the mass funeral that this did seem to help some of the caravaners, so some of those that was stricken the worst survived it.

I think you'll would be pleased to know, that the survivors of our train have joined with one of the other small trains, whose members survived a bandit attack inside Telgar's borders.  Strength and protection in numbers, as they say.  Your apprentices Tigia and Loriaga have vowed to continue your work with taking care of the mounts you created and kept repaired, so you shouldn't worry about that where you are now.  They shall remain on the road, where any true Trader desires to be. 

Mother, as I'm sure you already know, is devastated by your death.  We children are determined to be there for her, as much as we can, to help her through this while she needs us so.  Lelyn and Gaige are in a much better position to help than Gayla and I, given they're already living on the Northern Continent, but we'll still help out as they need us to.  You would expect no less from us.

May your new roads lead you and the others to wonders unseen on this world.

There is more, much more, G'len could have written to his late father, but again he's not quite ready to say it yet in a letter. Perhaps the next time a Moon Masque falls on Dalibor, he'll have more to say about how Gelfyn had helped shaped him into the man he is now.

For now, these five Goldentines are taken to the top of the Weyr, in a spot overlooking the ocean and the continent just beyond the horizon. There, they are burned in a small brazier until they are ashes. Said ashes are then thrown into the wind, to be swept away to lands far away from the Weyr, under the solitary gaze of a lonely man. Perhaps, these missives will even go to the land where the dead now live, and await their living friends to join them, as his former train believed.

Whether this is truly what happens to those messages is irrelevant to the Bronzerider; the important part was getting them down outside of himself, and freeing himself to live again.

Or so he hopes. Time will tell, as it always does.
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates
Baraenor, Lion RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic RPG-D RPGfix Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG Initiative Southern Winds Weyr The Veil