Welcome
Dalibor is a semi-canon Dragonriders of Pern site. No knowledge of the series or site is required to join; players of all experience levels are welcome here. Founded in 2008 on Proboards and moved to Jcink in 2013, Dalibor has been running for eight years.

News
Spring, 18th Turn, 11th Pass

Upcoming Flights:
Red Cyanide

Upcoming Hatchings:
Amber Era

Western Hold welcomes new blood in the form of a young couple, Lord Holder Basasius and Lady Holder Baria. A grand Gather is being hosted by Western Hold to welcome their new Lord and Lady.

While the new Lords settle into Western there has been talk and speculation about the western continent's other Hold. It has been two turns since his wife's passing in the south, when will Lord Callum decide to take up a new wife?

Spring has woken an abundance of plant life across Pern with intermittent spring showers helping to sate the growth's never ending thirst. With the end of snow and cold comes Thread once more; Dalibor's wings have no doubt been reduced due to losses over the winter but none the less they persevere.
Leadership
Weyrwoman
Rayna of Gold Couineth - Boo

Weyrleader
Z'dyn of Iron Baihujinth - Rhia

Jr. Weyrwoman
Jali of Copper Laanasuth - Rii

Jr. Weyrleader
Arlya of Burgundy Xerocleth - Rowana

Alphahandler
Norla of Bronze Norsk - Ivy

Betahandler

Weyrlingmaster
B'tor of Green Tavistrath - Sakoru
Nia of Pink Koeneth - Catsitta

Wherlingmaster
Ijo of Brown Isk - Rhia

Candidatemaster
Ulian of White Rivath - Ruin
Ra'h of Green Musath - Blot
Zanii of Black Zansk - Leo

Staff
Head Admins

Ruin

Moderators

Ivy
Rii

Historian

Rhia

Advertisers

Tigersilk
Zane
Credits
Dalibor was created by Bre, continued by Cathaline, and is now owned and operated by Ruin. Most of the information, rules, and graphics were made, compiled, or written by staff with credit given to those whose resources they used. Stock thanks to credited parties. All characters and posts are copyrighted to the members of the game. No material from this site should be copied in any way, shape, or form without utter express permission from the members and staff. All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's 'Dragonrider of Pern' series are copyright Anne McCaffrey 1967-2017, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with general permission for non-commercial purposes without monetary gain.

Add Reply
New Poll

Cat's Collection, Catsitta's Plotter and Tracker
Catsitta
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 06:25 PM
Weyrlingmaster

783 Posts
80 Marks
Member Inventory: View

A'DRAN OF BROWN WOBATH
Dreamdiner Weyrling

Standoffish | Observant | Abrasive

BLURB: A'dran can be hard to get along with, but talk of animals is the quickest way to get him to open up. He's calmed down a lot since Impressing, but he can still be a hothead if someone broaches a touchy subject. He has an ever growing fair of firelizards that are no doubt going to cause plenty of antics when he isn't paying attention. Wobath, of course, has particular peculiarities. He likes his Paths and routines, but is otherwise a steady counterpoint to his rider. Often A'dran's fair will perch on the brown like colorful ornaments.

LOOKING FOR: Friends. Please. He sorta has one at the moment. Maybe. It's complicated.

SIGNIFICANT RELATIONSHIPS:
Embry | Enemy turned friend? It's complicated and it's all Embry's fault.

MINOR RELATIONSHIPS:
M'rat | Bluerider he keeps in touch with
Kida | DD Classmate
T'tallon | DD Classmate & Former roommate

ARCAINA OF TAN TOPPTH
Furyflier Weyrling

Gregarious | Naive | Confident

BLURB: Arcaina is impulsive, brave and foolish. But what she really wants is to be your friend. She will chatter endlessly if allowed. Childish and naive, Arcaina usually seems younger than she actually is due to a sheltered upbringing. She is a competent apprentice level Harper, though music has fallen to the wayside in favor of focusing on weyrlinghood. Toppth needs 100% of her attention. The tan is whimsical and often lost in a world of her own imagination. (Based off the Mad Hatter, thus makes many Alice in Wonderland references). She likes to party. Because who doesn't enjoy a party?

LOOKING FOR: Friends and foolishness. Because she will try to befriend most anyone, no matter their looks or age.

B'tor | Dear friend and big brother figure. Was her searchrider.

MINOR RELATIONSHIPS:
W'rone | Talked to him about Harpering and Dragonriding
Krys | Fell on her when trying to climb the wall by the waterfall, bonded
Cairenn | Ingoth bit and broke her arm at Coui's 5th hatch; they spoke after, no hard feelings

Xialas
Dragon Candidate

Arrogant | Meticulous | Ambitious

BLURB: Is intensely studious and wants to be a dragonhealer as well as rider someday. Free time? Who needs it? You'll find him in the Infirmary when he isn't in class. Xialas needs to improve his bedside manner, and can be quite abrasive around people he doesn't think are useful. But he is a healer at heart and will always do his best to aid the injured. He doesn't care for animals outside of firelizards and tunnelsnakes, and even then, sees them for their utility. At the moment, he is focusing his studies on Threadscores.

LOOKING FOR: Friends? Mentors? Please throw your healers at him. He needs someone to look up to. Anyone have threadscoring? He will happily try to convince them to let him study their scars.

Jaquin | Self-imposed best friend. Fellow healer apprentice. Calls him Xial.

MINOR RELATIONSHIPS:
B'er | Friendly blackrider
Embry | Roommate and possible friend
Seviroma | Candidate, fellow organization nerd
Maus'en | Former Roommate

Zaephor
Dragon Candidate

Vain | Playful | Hopeless Romantic

BLURB: We all have our issues. Zeph is just bad at dealing with his. He can be charming or melodramatic, and he is often horribly jealous. But at heart, he just wants people to accept him for him, and to become a different man than his father. This desire comes with an ever growing desperation to impress. He wants to be a dragonrider and believes that failure means he will have to go back home and become a drudge. A fate he associates strongly with his sire.

LOOKING FOR: Friends? Enemies? Objects to subject to his flowery flirtations? Gimmie!

Rylin | Former classmate. Gave him her sister's bluerider knots as GL charm and a flit egg. Currently at odds since he yelled at her for confessing her feelings to him while a weyrling.
Z'ant | It's good to have guy friends. Especially hard to offend ones.
Elle | Younger sister, they do not know each other well

MINOR RELATIONSHIPS:
B'tor | Rylin's brother. Mortal enemy. Avoid at all cost.

Zel of Copper Zelsk
Copper Class Wherling

Serious | Responsible | Modest

BLURB: Zel is in a state of metamorphosis. Zelsk won't allow her to remain the quiet, self-doubting person she was before Impression. Because her life started anew when the copper chose her, and Zelsk won't let her forget that. They walk together towards an uncertain future, as Zel learns what her bonded needs from her in order for them to become a better team.

LOOKING FOR: Friends? Interesting people? Zelsk talks to anyone that interests her, including riders and crafters.

Ollivander | Classmate and friend
Syrene and Syrsk | Classmate and ally

MINOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Ijo | Wherlingmaster, helped her get to infirmary during jungle plague event
Rayna | They spoke and walked together early on in Zel's wherlinghood
Norla | Alphahandler, interviewed her before she was allowed to attend the hatch where she impressed Zelsk

L'aars of Iron Jaireth
Mayday Wingleader

Stoic | Rule-Abiding | Leader

BLURB: Originally from Benden Weyr, this wingsecond transfer has since been promoted to wingleader of Mayday. He is very hands on when it comes to problems (he played a role in the infiltration and jungle expedition missions) but not always the most emotionally available. But that doesn't mean he isn't looking out for his Wingmates and fellow riders. The thing people will always notice about him is his size. A veritable giant of a man, L'aars is not one you miss in a crowd. Side note: Jaireth chases any female that flies if he is around and able.

LOOKING FOR: Wing interactions! Maybe someone he can play a mentoring role for. Gimmie your silly too. Harass him with strangeness.

Frayya | Lover and future mother of his child, they grew closer than expected after Sixwith invaded his weyr
Glen | Former Weyrleader and respected fellow rider
Ly'on | Showed him around the weyr, sometimes seeks L'aars out to talk

MINOR RELATIONSHIPS:
X'ror | Wine and tragedy and a good work ethic makes for interesting conversation
Sanarth (Jaireth) | First won Flight; sired 5 healthy eggs; he was quite proud of himself

Nia of Pink Koeneth
Weyrlingmaster

Sweet | Social | Motherly

BLURB: Nia is mom. You can be five or fifty, she will mom you. Be it through scolding or encouragement, she wants to guide those around her, especially the younger generation. She adores kids and cannot have any of her own. As a weyrlingmaster, she is usually occupied with her students when she has a class.

LOOKING FOR: She needs to socialize outside of her students and fellow teachers. (Please flirt with her. She needs a nice woman in her life. Even if just for funzies~ )

Ruane | The most troublemaking student ever. So far.

MINOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Dh'mel | Retired weyrlingmaster and source of comforting conversation when she lost a student

Cesselia
Weyrfolk

Quiet | Curious | Adventurous

BLURB: The yet-to-be discovered little sister to A'dran. Rare to speak, she spends most of her time in the creche or exploring the lower caverns and trying to pet whers. She doesn't make friends easily and distrusts people. Recently she purchased an icehowler pup (with help from Wyn) and he is seen with her everywhere.

LOOKING FOR: Antics and meaningful relationships. Kids need to have fun (and puppies are trouble sometimes!) but Cess also needs to trust people. Someone to help her become more comfortable speaking would be wonderful!

Wyn | Prideleader that helped her purchase her icehowler, Guardian

MINOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Xaverex | Invaded his workshop in the middle of the night

Zeniro
Journeyman Harper

Chivalrous | Charming | Dedicated

BLURB: Zen is your fairytale harper. Romantic, charming and more pretty than sensible--he is a man with poetry on the heart and a passion for his Craft. He is certain that if he focuses on Harpering, that dragons will leave him alone (because him, a Candidate? No.) Too bad his latest assignment has him in the middle of a weyr, surrounded by dragons.

LOOKING FOR: Everything! Friends, flirts and stubborn searchers. Make my day and harass him with Search requests. He is a romantic, so feel free to try to sway his heart.

Rilorden | Eldest sister, weyrlingmaster
Azaril | Youngest sister, apprentice harper and candidate

MINOR RELATIONSHIPS:
n/a

PMEmail
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 10:14 PM
Weyrlingmaster

783 Posts
80 Marks

CURRENT OPENS

None

PMEmail
^
Rii
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 01:42 PM
Jr. Weyrwoman

2331 Posts
1167 Marks

CAT. HI.

So Aydran Impressed and I'd like to trade in my current (sorely outdated) thread with you for something new.

Problem is, I don't have any concrete ideas yet. But I've got tons of options.

- Arisa and Swath could have solo time with their Weyrlingmasters - they're kind of a weird pair, Arisa is a little like Wednesday Addams, just not so violent. No one ever predicted that she'd Impress, her father even believed it wouldn't be possible because she's not particularly empathetic.
- Candidate-wise I still only have Tristallon. Feel free to cause chaos with him and whoever. They don't have to get along.
- We can't do this one yet, but after the Undercover plot finishes, L'aars and Elianne, I will need it like water.

And of course if you roll through my characters and feel like there's anyone else you'd like to grab for a thread, feel free! I'm up for whatever.

@Catsitta

PMAIM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Aug 1 2017, 03:31 PM
Weyrlingmaster

783 Posts
80 Marks

Hiiii!

I like all the ideas~ Threads are luv.

L'aars and Elianne: Yessss. I was going to poke you when the plot was over to thread about that! We can discuss it more when the time comes around.

Arisa and Nia: Nia's door is always open. (And she desperately needs non-lesson/hatch threads) If she has a problem or would like to talk about lessons or whatever, I am game.

Tris and Arcaina: I adore Tris. He is precious. How do you feel about Arcaina taking some advice from Krys and jumping on him from an elevated place? (Because falling out of trees is apparently the ideal way to make friends your age)

Other: I need to thread Zel and Cesselia more. Cess especially. Have any wherhandlers that she could follow around? Heh.

@Rii

PMEmail
^
Rii
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 10:02 AM
Jr. Weyrwoman

2331 Posts
1167 Marks

Tris and Arcaina - yes absolutely, she can death from above him. Or friend from above.

Arisa and Nia - Let me think of a good question for her to come to Nia about. She's irritatingly self-sufficient, sometimes! It's also possible that she ends up in trouble somehow - when she was still a weyrbrat she got in trouble a couple times for dissuading people from bothering her or her pets/possessions via violence because it was the fastest solution. Her father and his weyrmate tried to dissuade her from that, of course, but they're gone.

I do have wherhandlers! I'd recommend Damarion or Liamaedra - Der is busy prideleadering, and Yenyne is a shy little butterfly of a person and not a great option for following.

@Catsitta

PMAIM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 10:27 AM
Weyrlingmaster

783 Posts
80 Marks

Wee~ We shall have death (friend) from above then. And Nia can totally be strict if one of her bebs gets in trouble. Totally. Hope Arisa likes talking about her feelings. xD And either of your wherhandlers would be interesting to Cess. She isn't afraid of whers (pros and cons to that) so even if they look weird or scary it doesnt bother her. Maybe its some odd hour of the night and she tries to 'sneak' after a pair as they patrol?

And preferences for which pairing to start with/where? Because I'd be happy to make a starter for one of the ones that we have mostly sorted out!

@Rii

PMEmail
^
Rii
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 10:55 AM
Jr. Weyrwoman

2331 Posts
1167 Marks

If you want to friend from above Tris it might have to be just outside the Weyr proper, maybe on the path down to the docks because there aren't really trees or much elevation to "from above" someone in the Bowl. He goes out there often in the evening to get some breathing space.

I can start Ari/Nia so she can be SO DISAPPOINTED. XD

Hmm. Possibly Damarion? He's mute (for reals mute, though lol), but his wher is a chatterbox. It might be a very gesture-heavy thread!

@Catsitta

PMAIM
^
Catsitta
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 11:06 AM
Weyrlingmaster

783 Posts
80 Marks

In which Cess and Damarion gesture at each other as chatterbox wher comments the whole while. Heh. Mute plus doesn't speak equals a need for a new way to communicate. I like it. I'd be willing to start this one if you like. Or I can hold it. Don't wanna swamp you with threads if you are busy busy.

And I shall death from above Tris outside the wher. Arcaina will no longer have her arm in a sling, so it will be a safer venture. xD

(Nia. Guilt tripping pro. Totally the mom-teacher that you can't believe is looking at you with such hurt in her eyes. Bwaha. Anyway! I look forward to it.)

I shall get on that thread~ Slow day at work. Need something to pass the time.

@Rii

PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Chatbox
1. No advertising.

2. No in-depth discussion of highly personal issues, incl. medical issues affecting you, your family or friends, or your pets. Do not ask for medical advice in the cbox.

3. Please refrain from explicit description of illegal, violent or gross subjects. Be mindful of your fellow members and guests to the site.

4. Important communications for staff should be sent via PM - just because someone is on the site does not mean they are looking at the cbox! :)

Cbox Mods: Ruin, Rii, Ivy
Affiliates